ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sky544
Newly Registered

Post by sky544 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:38 pm

I think some fishy thing is goin on at gerry's these days that need to be investigated.

I applied for my wife on 28/04/2010 and the decision was made and passport was sent to gerrys on 27/05/2010 but still haven't received the call to collect.

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:41 pm

Recieved an email from my HR today asking for my permission to disclose information to the UKBA.

I work for a big multinational that has a lot of red-tape. I hope they will get the information they need.

What I don't understand is: I provided Payslips, P60, Letter of Reference and they yet they still want to confirm employment....?

Doesn't make sense!

They can simply punch my NI number into their system and see all the history for themselves.

Looks like they are trying to find any excuse to refuse applications.

May Allah make it Easy for all of us!!
<Ameen>
Tues 04/05/2010 - App submitted Lahore
Wed 05/05/2010 - App forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Mon 17/05/10 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission
Tue 29/06/19 - HR contacted
Thur 22/07/10- Email to confirm decision Made

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:52 pm

@Q4sim

well tell your wife to use mobile phone to ring on this number 0900 10411(yes dial it using mobile) coz sometimes you cant get through by using landline telephone for some bloody unknown reason(after all its pakistan :x )

Yesterday i was trying to get an appointment for the TB test and i was not getting through to their call center(landline number) so i used mobile phone to ring them and it worked for me. :wink:

By the way did you book an appointment for the TB test?? :roll:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:05 pm

sky544 wrote:I think some fishy thing is goin on at gerry's these days that need to be investigated.

I applied for my wife on 28/04/2010 and the decision was made and passport was sent to gerrys on 27/05/2010 but still haven't received the call to collect.
Well i assume that gerry is back on its routine to mess up with applications and causing unnecessary delays which results in a last minute rush and unwanted stress.
They were doing the same thing last year by holding appliications and it just makes me boil :x I am NOT surprised at all as this how they work :x
There was a very short period from jan to march this year where applications were flying out within a month or so but after that every thing seems to come to a halt. :x
I assume that people should contact(Email) the BHC and explain the situation and ask them whats taking them so long to return application packs back to the applicants?????????????? :roll: :roll: :roll:
If it still doesnt work then MPs must be brought in to play their roles and ask the BHC for the delays :roll:

tellmenow

Post by tellmenow » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:05 pm

I think everyone should email them with the same email asking them why its taking so long.

anyone care to compose this email? cos i'm sure there's many frustrated people that want to send it.

views people?

NaC
Newly Registered

UKHUB email replies (Funny)

Post by NaC » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:20 pm

I sent many emails to UKHUB but every time i got different reply have a look please....

Email :

To Whom it may concern

I have submitted my Wife's visa application under (tier1 general dependent) PBS rule on 17/05/2010 (Isl/xxxxx/xxxxx/x). Could you please tell me whether the decision has been made or not.

regards

Applicant Name : xxxxxxxxxxx
Date of Birth :- xxxxxxxxxx
Ref Number :- xxxxxxxxxxx

Gerry's Tracking number:- GRY-PK-xxxxxxxxxxx-X
------------------------------------------------------------
Replies:

24 June 2010 11:47:18

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for you e-mail. Your wife's application has been decided as of 03/06/2010. You will be contacted in due course in relation to the outcome of the application. Unfortunately we are unable to give the outcome to you ourselves.

Thank you,

UK Visa Section - Pakistan

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25 June 2010 13:02:18

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. Your case is being processed by my colleagues working at the visa section in the British High Commission in Islamabad. I have requested that they look into the delay that you are experiencing and respond to your email.

Please forward any future emails regarding this appeal case to appeals.Islamabad@fco.gov.uk

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

28 June 2010 12:02:01

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email. The UK Visa Section only deal with settlement applications submitted in Pakistan. All other applications submitted in Pakistan are dealt with in Abu Dhabi. I have forwarded your e-mail on to Abu Dhabi and if you have any further enquiries please contact the visa section in Abu Dhabi on visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk for further information.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

sky544
Newly Registered

Post by sky544 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:34 pm

@navalaviator

MPs are very busy these days with preparing the right cap that all of us will have to wear in the future and private healthcare for immigrants. :)

I think emailing a complaint would be a good idea as suggested by tellmenow

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:08 am

navalaviator wrote:@Q4sim

well tell your wife to use mobile phone to ring on this number 0900 10411 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              0900 10411      end_of_the_skype_highlighting(yes dial it using mobile) coz sometimes you cant get through by using landline telephone for some bloody unknown reason(after all its pakistan :x )

Yesterday i was trying to get an appointment for the TB test and i was not getting through to their call center(landline number) so i used mobile phone to ring them and it worked for me. :wink:

By the way did you book an appointment for the TB test?? :roll:
Yes, already have the TB test done.
Got it done from Islamabad. They answered the phone quickly the first time I called, although I had to call them back as I never had passport details with me. When I did, I couldnt get through to them but was successfull after a third attempt.
Nobody can seem to get through to Gerrys,
I will try call them via a mobile like you suggested....something so simple has to be complicated in Pakistan..

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:57 am

How to include the Emails in your application?

I have taken the screenshots of the Inbox of my email and then pasted them in word to print out so i need to know that if its a right way to present the Emails.
Any views,opinions will be appreciated.

londongood

Post by londongood » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:02 am

HI I am new here can some one help me My wife applied for spouse visa from karachi 21st jun 2010 AS i red here ppl says had to submit sponsor letter which i didn't i thought i am giving my all documents so tht means i am supporting her .so if there is no sponcer letter wud this effect on her application plz answer me

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:36 am

navalaviator and qasim when are u guys submiting ur applications

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:17 pm

rav4u wrote:Just an update for some guys
.... my main worry is as my wife is almost 7 months pregnant now its going to be very difficult for her to travel due to flight travelling restrictions for pregnant women,
Same boat as you, got a couple of weeks before 7 months. I pray that it doesn't come to that, for all of us. Do you know what happens if the child is born in Pakistan?

I was thinking to submit another application straight away if I get refused but chances are that the missus will give birth in Pakistan if that happens due to how long they are taking nowadays. 2nd of August is the start of the 13th week for my application, baby is due mid September, I doubt a fresh application will get through in 6 weeks :evil:

It's just soo annoying, I would much rather know and that way I can do something about it.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

K44MYY

PLEASE HELP ME IM CONCERNED ON WHAT TO DO

Post by K44MYY » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:52 pm

Hi Everyone. I am new here and have just been reading few pages from the forum. There is over 246 pages to go through I guess to find answers you need. Im sure you guys would appreciate thats alot of hours to read through plus I dont have much time.

I need some advise, some one please advise me what to do. I have prepared majority of my docs and got them certified.
Brief outline of my situation, I got married last year July in pakistan. I went on holiday as there were a few weddings goin on, I was there for an month and in the last few weeks decided to Marry my Unlces Daughter.

All went well however. MY ONLY CONCERN is that the day I got married the next day I flew back to the UK. Yes I know your all thinking what.. My mum and dad were in UK, and all other people I went with were returning few days later so I couldnt really stay as we were going to do Walima back in UK, or were gonna go back that year.

Now the ECO would surely pick up on that, since then I have worked, got all my slips, statements, have been in contact with wife on regular basis, i.e mainly phone, odd emails etc.
Please can some one share a similar experience or may know of someone and how they went about it.

Secondly - can someone advise me how to put the file together, what sections to include, and how to present it. I have read that you need like a contents page, index etc but does someone have a copy to share with us, as to how they sent theres or have prepared it and formmated it.
Or post a simple procedure to follow or link on what need to be inlcuded and where. if eveidence needs to be explained or not.
I am very upset and concerned on what to do. Please can someone help all help would be appreciated.

Thank You

:roll:
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:47 pm

kaidee wrote:
.... my main worry is as my wife is almost 7 months pregnant now its going to be very difficult for her to travel due to flight travelling restrictions for pregnant women,
Same boat as you, got a couple of weeks before 7 months. I pray that it doesn't come to that, for all of us. Do you know what happens if the child is born in Pakistan?

I was thinking to submit another application straight away if I get refused but chances are that the missus will give birth in Pakistan if that happens due to how long they are taking nowadays. 2nd of August is the start of the 13th week for my application, baby is due mid September, I doubt a fresh application will get through in 6 weeks :evil:

It's just soo annoying, I would much rather know and that way I can do something about it.
Kaidee - my wife is pregnant too and she will be 7 months biginning of August. and 4th of August is the biginning of 13th week of her sattlement application. if it fails or it does not arrive in time then.....

Batlykhan - you might be able to help us. What happens if the baby is born and just then the mother gets her visa - what about the child then?

Or she get her visa when she is 8-9 months pregnant?
Thanks

billo

Post by billo » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:52 pm

Has anyone who has submitted docs at Mirpur vac done so in plastic wallets? Was thinking of arranging all docs into separate plastic wallets, but don't know if this will be acceptable. Have emailed Mirpur vac twice but no response. I think everyone should definitely email both the manager at the vac and also BHC. Email addresses for complaints are on the gerrys website. It's appaling that so many people on here have decisions made over a month ago but still haven't been called by the vac.

SF786

Post by SF786 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:03 pm

I did that..arranged everything in plastic wallets and submitted at mirpur..they never complained :?
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:56 pm

AOA 786

Billo Now a days the Mirpur VAC do not accept any kind of invalopes becouse i submitd my application on 8 june 2010 and for your information we doing a so makeup to our files but listen guys that thing is nothing becouse the ECO just have concern with complete documents rather it is with tags or not becouse i saw so many files in VAC in 2008 with makeup but it did not work so just focus on proper documentation rather then doing tags and etc

Hope it helps.

billo

Post by billo » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:08 pm

thanks SF786.
It's just that there is so much documentation that if it is not organised in a coherent manner then it's more than likely that the ECO will miss something, hence the plastic wallets, all labelled up and easy to follow.
Tasawar - do you know from experience that plastic wallets are not accepted. And I think you are allowed envelopes as long as they are open so the vac can check to see what's inside, otherwise how would you submit evidence of you/ partner writing to eachother.
I hear what you're saying Tasawar, but proper docs, organised in an easy to follow manner is better than all proper docs just chucked in any old how.

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:28 pm

AOA786

Billo As my personal exprince they not allowd the plastic or any other invalops becouse i had some but they take it out before submit my file and i just staple the doc,s like my wifes em ails phone bills and cards but when i went to other counter in VAC they played with my papers and done all the papers ulta sedha and hwen i askd to the VAC person they said listen the ECO,s are well traind and they know there work so do not worry about the papers the ECO will see every single paper the VAC person told me all that.

And guys i submitd Mashallah 600 pages of my suporting documents with my application so it is not like how many papers do you have just pinup the pages.

hope it helps.

billo

Post by billo » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:39 pm

thanks tasawar, I'll bear what you said in mind, and good luck with the outcome of your application. Inshallah Allah will reward the waiting and separation that you and you spouse have had to endure. Ameen.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:02 am

z4ydi wrote:
kaidee wrote:

Kaidee - my wife is pregnant too and she will be 7 months biginning of August. and 4th of August is the biginning of 13th week of her sattlement application. if it fails or it does not arrive in time then.....

Batlykhan - you might be able to help us. What happens if the baby is born and just then the mother gets her visa - what about the child then?

Or she get her visa when she is 8-9 months pregnant?
Thanks
I am afraid its going to be bad news for you. If your child is born after visa is issued and your wife is unable to fly, then I am afraid you are going to have apply for a visa for your child.

This creates another problem in that if it takes more than 3 months to get child visa after the issue of your wifes visa,will mean delay of their arrival in the UK which will mean they have to apply for further leave to remain( to make the two years)before she applies for ILR.

billo

Post by billo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:55 am

Will the child not be British by descent, because the father is a British citizen? Therefore the child will not need a visa to enter the uk, as he/she will be a British citizen.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought children born outside of the uk whose mother/ father is a British Citizen are British therefore no Visa :D
Please see below, I don't think you need to worry about your child's visa.

British Citizenship by descent

'British Citizenship by descent' is the category for the children born outside the UK to a British citizen. Rules for acquiring British citizenship by descent depend on when the person was born.
[edit] From 1983

A child born outside the UK on or after 1 January 1983 will automatically acquire British citizenship by descent if either parent is a British citizen otherwise than by descent at the time of the birth.

* Only one parent needs to be British otherwise than by descent - either the father or the mother.
* As a general rule, an unmarried father cannot pass on British citizenship automatically in the case of children born before 1 July 2006. Although, if the parents marry subsequent to the birth, the child normally will become a British citizen at that point if legitimated by the marriage and the father was eligible to pass on British citizenship. Further, if the unmarried British father was domiciled in a country that treated (at the date of birth of the child born before 1 July 2006) a child born to unmarried parents in the same way as a child born to married parents, then the father passed on British citizenship automatically to his child, even though the child was born before 1 July 2006 to unmarried parents.[1] Such countries include Jamaica and New Zealand [2],Brazil[3] and Hungary[4].
* Failing the above, the child can be registered as British if it would have been British if parents were married and application is made before the child is 18.
* Where the parent is a British citizen by descent additional requirements apply. In the most common scenario, the parent is normally expected to have lived in the UK for three years and apply for the child to be registered as a British citizen within 12 months of the birth.
* For British nationality purposes, the Isle of Man and Channel Islands are treated as though they were part of the UK.
* Before 21 May 2002, British Overseas Territories were treated as 'overseas' for nationality purposes. The exceptions were Gibraltar who were British citizens per the British Nationality Act 1981; and the Falkland Islands who were granted British citzenship following the Falklands War per the British Nationality (Falkland Islands) Act 1983 . For children born on or after 21 May 2002 in a British Overseas Territory (other than the Sovereign Base Areas of Cyprus) there is an entitlement to British citizenship on the same basis as UK-born children.
* Children born overseas to parents on Crown Service are normally granted British citizenship otherwise than by descent. In other words, their status is the same as it would have been had they been born in the UK.
* In exceptional cases, the Home Secretary may register a child of parents who are British by descent as a British citizen under discretionary provisions, for example if the child is stateless.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:47 am

A child born outside the UK on or after 1 January 1983 will automatically acquire British citizenship by descent if either parent is a British citizen otherwise than by descent at the time of the birth.
If the father is not British otherwise than by descent, the child does not automatically become British citizen and will therefore require visa
By descent
Close British citizenship gained through your parents. This type of citizenship cannot normally be passed on to your own children. (See also Otherwise than by descent.)

Otherwise than by descent
Close British citizenship gained in your own right (not by descent through your parents or grandparents). This type of citizenship can be passed on to your own children. (See also Descent.)
Last edited by batleykhan on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

billo

Post by billo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:34 am

Yes that means that the mother/ father has to be a British citizen otherwise than by descent. So if the members of this board were born to naturalized British citizen parents than they are not British Citizens by descent, but full British able to pass on their Nationality to their offspring.
I don't profess to know everything about this, but would urge members of this board who are in any doubt to contact an OISC registered advisor as I'm pretty certain that their children born in Pakistan are British by descent by virtue of having British fathers.

SF786

Post by SF786 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:39 am

Good bit of research billo! :) batleykhan might have a point though! These things are never that straightforward unfortunately :( There's always a twist...

I still pray that everyone gets positive results inshaAllah! Nothing is bigger than Allah and the power of dua is beyond our comprehension! So keep praying for yourselves and each other :wink:
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"