ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Probationary Citizenship & Long Residence 10 yrs Rule

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hunter007
Newly Registered

Probationary Citizenship & Long Residence 10 yrs Rule

Post by Hunter007 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:48 am

Hello everyone,
I was just wondering...if someone were to qualify under the Long Residence 10 year rule after July 2011, will they still be eligible for ILR or do they get caught by the new Earned/Probationary Citizenship system that may be introduced in 2011. If this is true then can someone outline the time scales involved to get to ILR eventually?
I personally haven't looked into probationary citizenship in detail so far, so any opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks !

NiiKpani

Re: Probationary Citizenship & Long Residence 10 yrs Rul

Post by NiiKpani » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:54 pm

Hunter007 wrote:Hello everyone,
I was just wondering...if someone were to qualify under the Long Residence 10 year rule after July 2011, will they still be eligible for ILR or do they get caught by the new Earned/Probationary Citizenship system that may be introduced in 2011. If this is true then can someone outline the time scales involved to get to ILR eventually?
I personally haven't looked into probationary citizenship in detail so far, so any opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks !

So why don't you look into it in detail then. The entire scheme may be scrapped by the conservatives, who knows. If not the guidance is what it is. Earned citizenship after July 2011. You will have to be a probational citizen first. How long this will last will depend on the applicant’s behaviour and activities;

Applicants can speed up, or slow down, the process depending on their behaviour. For example, an applicant who can show that he carries out useful voluntary work in his community or who runs a business that contributes to the economy may find that he progresses to full citizenship relatively quickly. Conversely, an applicant who is convicted of a minor crime will take longer to become a full citizen. Committing a serious crime will lead to ineligibility for citizenship and, under the new law, may be more likely to lead to deportation.

all the above information can be found on the internet so utilise it