ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entry visa application at Burgh Quay

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nomad81
Newly Registered

Re-entry visa application at Burgh Quay

Post by Nomad81 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:57 am

I went to Burgh Quay this morning at 8 am naively thinking that I would be in and out of the visa office in a few hours at most. Boy, was I surprised to see that the queue went all the way to the back of the building.

Ended up being turned away at around 8:20, with another 150 people who arrived before me. It's really annoying how the visa office run out of tickets the moment they open.

Does anyone here know what time the queues start? I read on another forum that I should start queuing at 3:30 am, but I would say that's overkill.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:41 am

it was on the news last week, showing the lenght of the queues for re-entry visas. are you aware that you can send all the docs for your re entry visa by post and receive it in 7-10 days without the need of queueing? if i needed the re entry visa that's the option i would go for.

Nomad81
Newly Registered

Post by Nomad81 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:43 am

If I didn't need my passport right away, I would happily apply by post.

Thing is, I'm set to travel to the continent next week and after that I also have to apply for another visa for work...

It sucks having a third-world passport!

scrudu

Re: Re-entry visa application at Burgh Quay

Post by scrudu » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:49 pm

Nomad81 wrote:Does anyone here know what time the queues start? I read on another forum that I should start queuing at 3:30 am, but I would say that's overkill.
queues start before 7AM. If you arrive at 7 you should get in. Doors open at 7:30 for the desks at 8:00

Nomad81
Newly Registered

Post by Nomad81 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:29 pm

Great! I'm there at 6 tomorrow! :)

Nomad81
Newly Registered

Post by Nomad81 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:13 am

I was there at 5 this morning and got turned away 5 meters from the door! :evil:

What a waste of time! I could've had a good night's sleep!

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:20 pm

why did they turn you away? I know workers there are sometimes rude if you dont have all necessary documents.

if you are applying for re entry visa (worker) doors are open at 8 am
and then you go to the counter near the entrance to get a number but you must have your work permit passport payslip etc etc at hand.

if you are student I think they open at 830 or 9 for students.

just make sure you have all documens next time.

good luck!
pen pen de sarapin de kutsilyo de armasen
haw haw de karabaw de batutin

romies
Newly Registered

Post by romies » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:20 pm

i am also got there 6:10 but cant get the ticket.they have wriiten names and number on the list but it is only formality.my number is 221 but cant get ticket.i asked how many tickets will you give they said 240 in a day.monday i will go at 2 am.hope so getting the visa

userduluth
Newly Registered

Post by userduluth » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:47 pm

I dropped my wife there around 5am and she got 203 token number and this was two weeks back.

So morale of the story if u need it go there early(that is GNIB at ur service).

Nomad81
Newly Registered

Post by Nomad81 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:27 pm

romies wrote:i am also got there 6:10 but cant get the ticket.they have wriiten names and number on the list but it is only formality.my number is 221 but cant get ticket.i asked how many tickets will you give they said 240 in a day.monday i will go at 2 am.hope so getting the visa
So, were you there at 2 am? What number did you get and what time were you done with it?

I was planning on going in at 3 am this morning, but I had such a hectic weekend, that I'll be putting off the visa application until next week.

romies
Newly Registered

Post by romies » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:18 pm

yes i have got there at 2:am i got the ticket no 128. Some people are at 8:pm.Its a very long que.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:43 pm

instead of trying to get there so early every morning for several nights, wouldnt that be easier just to post the applications and relaxingly wait for them to come back by post?
i guess if most people have done that, there would be only the urgent cases at the door, and not so many...

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:18 am

If most post it they will have delay in the post and message at inis website "currently there are a volume of applicants.....sorry for the delay"

immigrants pay the green card and visa -150 gnib + 100(multivisa)- and since I came here nearly 8 years ago this is the same story queuing in the early hours like 3am 2am
just to get the visa even in winter time.

they should at least put some canopy there at the side where they queu in case it rains.

moral of the story... inis doesnt care about immigrants.
they need visa to stay so what if they suffer. visa or go home

just my opinion

Nomad81
Newly Registered

Post by Nomad81 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:40 pm

romies wrote:yes i have got there at 2:am i got the ticket no 128. Some people are at 8:pm.Its a very long que.
WTF! I don't understand why they can't introduce an appointment system like pretty much all the Irish embassies.

Canopies will not do, in my opinion. They already have an appointment system in place called AVATS. Why they do not use this for visa extensions from within Ireland, nobody knows.

Time to buy a tent and sleeping bag. LOL!

Nomad81
Newly Registered

Post by Nomad81 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:43 pm

agniukas wrote:instead of trying to get there so early every morning for several nights, wouldnt that be easier just to post the applications and relaxingly wait for them to come back by post?
i guess if most people have done that, there would be only the urgent cases at the door, and not so many...
Trust me, I would go down this route if I had a choice. I travel for work every week, so handing over my passport for two weeks, means I have to stay at home while the visa is being done. Just not an option for me.

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:07 am

friend of mine was there last week at 3am but she couldnt get a ticket then following day she was there 12.15am and she got 128.,
by 1 o'clock afternoon she got the visa.,
the guy who had no.1 was there at top of the Q at 5pm day before. (15 hours waiting).
there were other people there too who posted there passports and never heard from visa section., visa officer was giving the same answer to everyone: (you will get ur passport tommorow by post).

i think this is all causing by work to rule strike.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:53 am

myimmigrationboards wrote:friend of mine was there last week at 3am but she couldnt get a ticket then following day she was there 12.15am and she got 128.,
the guy who had no.1 was there at top of the Q at 5pm day before. (15 hours waiting).
there were other people there too who posted there passports and never heard from visa section., visa officer was giving the same answer to everyone: (you will get ur passport tommorow by post).

how can the guy queu at 5pm day before? thats impossible i think.
is he just standing at the door and telling everyone im at the top of the Q from 5pm till midnight? what is this Q is this for student visas?
Because i remember getting work visa last year and i went there like 7am and got in got out 11am.

Nomad81
Newly Registered

Post by Nomad81 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:25 am

myimmigrationboards wrote:friend of mine was there last week at 3am but she couldnt get a ticket then following day she was there 12.15am and she got 128.,

I walked past the INIS on the way home after dinner with friends. I think it was around 11:30 pm and there was no queue to be seen. There were people outside hanging out and having a drink, but they were Polish, so no visa needed for them.

All this talk about queuing for visas at 5 pm seems like a load of bull to me.

citi
Newly Registered

Re-entry Visa

Post by citi » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:20 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone been recently to Burgh Quay for obtaining re-entry visa? If so, could you please let me know what time did you start queueing outside INIS office for obtaining the re-entry visa.

Many Thanks.

Dublin2011
Newly Registered

Post by Dublin2011 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:14 pm

Today, I went there at 10.30 am in the morning. I got ticket no.205. I stayed there until 3.15-3.30 in the afternoon to finish everything.

I'm not sure whether it is like this everyday, or I'm just lucky. I just wanted to go there to ask about my application sent via registered post 2 weeks ago. However, it seems that now we have to wait at least 10 working days or 3 weeks if we applied by post.

This is my original post.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... f036d424e3