ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HOW LONG CAN YOU RELATIVE TAKE TO TRAVEL FOR A SETT'MENT VIS

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NT1234

HOW LONG CAN YOU RELATIVE TAKE TO TRAVEL FOR A SETT'MENT VIS

Post by NT1234 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:49 pm

Hello guys

I am a little confuse and hope i can get someone to help clear this up for me. My mum settlement visa was granted on monday after an ecm review, however when she went to collect her visa she said she was told that she has 2 years and 3 months validity and after which she need to go to the HO here for an indefinte leave. I thought they gave her the wrong visa but after reading the stamp in her passport it clearly state settlement visa with daughter xxxxx indefinte leave to remain. Now i thought maybe what they meant and my mum mis-understood is that she has 2 years and 3 months by which to travel but someone said to me its only 28 days. Can someone please let me know how long she has to travel? and if you know what this 2 years and 3 months means?

Thanks again

NT1234

Post by NT1234 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:34 pm

probably no need to repsonse -BHC in Jamaica just phone me to say they have made a mistake, the indefinte leave to remain given so there is no need for the 2 year and 3 months and she must take her passport back in..........oh wow...