ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My employment delayed, Any difficulty to get ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Citizenofindia
Newly Registered

My employment delayed, Any difficulty to get ILR?

Post by Citizenofindia » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:14 pm

Hi All,

Actually i had got my HSMP in Oct 2006 but employment started from Sep2007. since then i been working!!

Will i face any difficulty from case worker, when i will apply for ILR? will they check continues work when they will be issued ILR?

bcoz i red an article it is stated that, HSMP holders work continuously 5 years, then only eligible for ILR? is it true????

Thank You.
Citizenofindia

sunday
Newly Registered

Post by sunday » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:51 pm

You will be in good situation if you make your 5 years from Sep 07 to August 2012 as there won't be much risk then , but on the other hand you will be coming across July 2011 i.e when the new rules start and may be ILR goes to 8 years instead of 5 years of working.

Also HSMP people don't necessarily have to be in Job as far as iam aware as long as they are economically active.If you were before Sep 07 you should be ok to do it before based on your HSmP start date.

Citizenofindia
Newly Registered

Thanks...

Post by Citizenofindia » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:04 pm

sunday wrote:You will be in good situation if you make your 5 years from Sep 07 to August 2012 as there won't be much risk then , but on the other hand you will be coming across July 2011 i.e when the new rules start and may be ILR goes to 8 years instead of 5 years of working.

Also HSMP people don't necessarily have to be in Job as far as iam aware as long as they are economically active.If you were before Sep 07 you should be ok to do it before based on your HSmP start date.
Thanks to the reply.

Only my concern is... i hadn't have any payroll run on my name period between Oct2006 to Sep07 and also i didn't do any job. how can i show that period i could be econamically active?

I am also planning & eligible to apply my ILR by Sep2011 !!!

Please any advice!!

smkamran
Newly Registered

Post by smkamran » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:09 pm

No HSMP get a job on day one or even first few months ... they know that ... apply it when ur 5 years completes (from the day your HSMP started) not from the day u got job .... u will be orite

Citizenofindia
Newly Registered

Post by Citizenofindia » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:33 pm

smkamran wrote:No HSMP get a job on day one or even first few months ... they know that ... apply it when ur 5 years completes (from the day your HSMP started) not from the day u got job .... u will be orite
Thanks to your prompt reply.