ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI for Child

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amreenmalik

OCI for Child

Post by amreenmalik » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:22 pm

Hi,
I recently got ILR for me and my family including my wife and my child who is born here. Now I have got British passport for my child as she was born here. Me and my wife are waiting to naturalise next year.

What do I do from this point?
Should I surrender my child's Indian passport and apply for OCI.
If so can I apply OCI for the child alone now and do for the adults next year when we get British passports or should I wait for us to get the British passports and apply for all of us together. In the mean time how can my child travel to India as we have both Indian and British passports for my child.

Please advice.
Thankyou.

llNicell

Re: OCI for Child

Post by llNicell » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:27 pm

amreenmalik wrote:Hi,
I recently got ILR for me and my family including my wife and my child who is born here. Now I have got British passport for my child as she was born here. Me and my wife are waiting to naturalise next year.

What do I do from this point?
Should I surrender my child's Indian passport and apply for OCI.
If so can I apply OCI for the child alone now and do for the adults next year when we get British passports or should I wait for us to get the British passports and apply for all of us together. In the mean time how can my child travel to India as we have both Indian and British passports for my child.

Please advice.
Thankyou.
First apply for her OCI which normally takes 12 -14 weeks to get ( cost you £165). If you need to go India before receiving her OCI card, apply any time for Tourist visa which takes 3 working days ( cost you about £75).

amreenmalik

Post by amreenmalik » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:33 pm

Dear All,
I am surrendering my child's passport only.
Should I take a thumb impression of my child in the application or should the parents sign on behalf of the child in the application.

And do they normally give a receipt when they take the passport and mention a date on that receipt for collection of surrender certificate as they normally do for passport renewal?

Please advice.
Thankyou.