ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Srixon
Newly Registered

Post by Srixon » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:41 pm

tsp wrote:
joelondon wrote:
tsp wrote:Hi All,

Did anyone get the approval letter thru Royal Mail or only DX? The reason for the question is below.

I have applied on 1 st June. I ve got a parcel to my address thru Royal mail, but my name is not mentoined in the parcel. As no one is living in my address other than me, didnt accept it.

Thanks
tsp.
any news about your parcel dude ??? let us know thanks ...hope is the approval letter :)
Can anyone confirm, Who will deliver the approval letter Royal Mail or DX Mail?
Royal mail, just wait for it in the post you will surely get it.

roshan_asher
Newly Registered

Post by roshan_asher » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:56 pm

I got the original doc back as well. aslo littel not to say that my passport application is being processed.i ask them them for ref number they said i had to wait for the letter to book an appoiment. strange.. i dont know how come they gave you ref number over the phone not for me.
ziqbal_2000 wrote:
roshan_asher wrote:wow thats really quick.. did you get a letter from them or did you call IPS to find out the interview details.? and i aslo did you send your original passport with PR. did they return this to you already..?
ziqbal_2000 wrote:I applied for passport on 16 June and attended IPS interview yesterday. Questions were quite simple

name and spelling
current address
how I applied
Referee age
questions about my parents
and how many people live with me at current address

About five minutes or so

no question about credit report, mortgage, credit cards and banks etc

fingers crossed for Wednesday
I applied on Wednesday and received my original documents back on next Wednesday. Called IPS same day and they gave me ref number to book interview. Luckily got interview space on Saturday and that was really it.

tsp

Post by tsp » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:15 pm

Srixon wrote:
tsp wrote:
joelondon wrote:
tsp wrote:Hi All,

Did anyone get the approval letter thru Royal Mail or only DX? The reason for the question is below.

I have applied on 1 st June. I ve got a parcel to my address thru Royal mail, but my name is not mentoined in the parcel. As no one is living in my address other than me, didnt accept it.

Thanks
tsp.
any news about your parcel dude ??? let us know thanks ...hope is the approval letter :)
Got a pracel from royal mail but didnt accept it as my name is not written on the parcel. We have not seen this kind of thing earlier. Could be a possibility that HO could have writtren the name wrongly with the right address.

Name is hand wriiten with big letters in blue ink. Is that your address is printed or hand written.

Any idea.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:26 pm

hi there well no news from my side either ....still waiting as 45 days past ....i'm thinking to give them a call late this week ...hope i'm gona get some sort of news at least ....any approvals this week ...anyone !!!! ??? :?: :?: :?: :!:

fearless2711

Post by fearless2711 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:49 pm

joelondon wrote:hi there well no news from my side either ....still waiting as 45 days past ....i'm thinking to give them a call late this week ...hope i'm gona get some sort of news at least ....any approvals this week ...anyone !!!! ??? :?: :?: :?: :!:
No News on my side either, 70 Days :(.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:20 pm

i just called them now ...and they told me that is still waiting allocation for a case worker ....well i dont know how long it will take ...hope not long !!!!

has anyone had the same answer ??? still waiting allocation ???

thank you :!: :!: :!: :(

Hesham
Newly Registered

Post by Hesham » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:31 pm

tsp wrote:
Srixon wrote:
tsp wrote:
joelondon wrote:

Got a pracel from royal mail but didnt accept it as my name is not written on the parcel. We have not seen this kind of thing earlier. Could be a possibility that HO could have writtren the name wrongly with the right address.

Name is hand wriiten with big letters in blue ink. Is that your address is printed or hand written.

Any idea.

usually will be typed (printed) with bar code not hand written

tsp

Post by tsp » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:55 pm

So it is not the one. Thanks
Hesham wrote:
tsp wrote:
Srixon wrote:
tsp wrote:
Many Thanks, So it is not the one...

Any idea.

usually will be typed (printed) with bar code not hand written

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:33 am

senthil78 wrote:

Senthil78 have you applied yet??..or not
I applied and I received my refusal letter today,

Here is my story,

Date of application : 24 May 2010
Date of Acknowledgement : 28 May 2010
Nationality: Indian
Date of refusal letter received: 26 June 2010 with dated 21 june 2010
Reason for refusal: Good character requirement is not met (Traffic Offence code MW10 with 60 pounds fine and 3 points)

I need to wait 2 more years to apply again. This is really frustrating. I have seen many people got away with drunk & drive offence and no insurance & tax. I think that i have bad time and my application would have gone to evil (not a human being) didn't even think to apply discretion (as per guide, one single unspent conviction resulting relatively small fine can be ignored). I don't know what is small fine in HO dictionary. Anyway, i need to start all over again.
Sorry to hear about your refusal. if you dont mind can you clarify what your actual offence was, from the code i can figure out that it was some form of motorway offence which wasnt speeding

munisa

Post by munisa » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:30 am

Date of submission :27th May 2010 NCS Bedford
Received at HO: 04th June 2010
CRITERIA - 5 YR WP+ 1 ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 05th June 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 09th June 2010
Date of receipt of approval: Waiting
Date of Ceremony: Waiting
Date of appln. for passport: Pending

I phone UKBA today to find out the progress and I was told a decision was made on 20th June and posted to me on 22nd June (I havent received the letter). The person could however not disclose what the decision was. I asked her how they posted and she said 2nd Class Stamp. I paid £930 and HO cannot even use a 1st Class Stamp (WTF). 10 days and still no letter.
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

NiiKpani

Post by NiiKpani » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:36 am

munisa wrote:Date of submission :27th May 2010 NCS Bedford

I phone UKBA today to find out the progress and I was told a decision was made on 20th June and posted to me on 22nd June (I havent received the letter). The person could however not disclose what the decision was. I asked her how they posted and she said 2nd Class Stamp. I paid £930 and HO cannot even use a 1st Class Stamp (WTF). 10 days and still no letter.
You have to allow 10 working days from date of postage which i believed hasn't elapsed given your information above. In any case your application is one of the quickest i have seen so be patient

hhilaly
Newly Registered

Re: Timeline

Post by hhilaly » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:45 am

[quote="alizarao"][quote="hhilaly"]My Timeline:

Submitted: May 10, 201
Payment Deducted: May 13, 2010
Acknowledgement: May 18, 2010
Approval/Denial: Pending

Days elapsed: 42[/quote]

what was yr category & with family?[/quote]

HSMP 4 yrs + 1yr ILR
Applying alone since my wife has not been in the UK for five years.
Child already has passport since she was born here after we got ILR
Passport: Pakistan

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:40 pm

munisa wrote:Date of submission :27th May 2010 NCS Bedford

congratulation ...be patient ..it will be an approval letter ...and it was quick one !!!! as for me i applied the 14th May ..and still waiting ...!!!! well they can take there time ...as i'm not bothered anymore !!! :wink: :?:

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:49 pm

hey Fearless2711 any news from your side today ??? as for me nothing as yet ....still waiting ..i believe that it may take till the end of July ...so i dont want to stress..i will just have to forget ...!!!it will come one day inchalah for sure !!! :wink:

good luck for the people are waiting !!!! 8) 8) :wink: :!:

munisa

Post by munisa » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:59 pm

joelondon wrote:
munisa wrote:
congratulation ...be patient ..it will be an approval letter ...and it was quick one !!!! as for me i applied the 14th May ..and still waiting ...!!!! well they can take there time ...as i'm not bothered anymore !!! :wink: :?:
Joelondon, I agree with you, if the decision was done on 20th June for an application made on 27th May, then thats quick. I hope and pray it is an approval.. ... and dont you worry your is also on the way ...... :wink:

munisa

Post by munisa » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:18 pm

NiiKpani wrote:
munisa wrote: I phone UKBA today to find out the progress and I was told a decision was made on 20th June and posted to me on 22nd June (I havent received the letter). The person could however not disclose what the decision was. I asked her how they posted and she said 2nd Class Stamp. I paid £930 and HO cannot even use a 1st Class Stamp (WTF). 10 days and still no letter.
You have to allow 10 working days from date of postage which i believed hasn't elapsed given your information above. In any case your application is one of the quickest i have seen so be patient
NiiKpani, I will update you if and when I get the letter. I have failed before with a TIER 1 application, and therefore I can never be excited with a HO document intransit untill I read the contents.

alizarao

Re: Timeline

Post by alizarao » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:21 pm

[quote="hhilaly"][quote="alizarao"][quote="hhilaly"]My Timeline:

Submitted: May 10, 201
Payment Deducted: May 13, 2010
Acknowledgement: May 18, 2010
Approval/Denial: Pending

Days elapsed: 42[/quote]

what was yr category & with family?[/quote]

HSMP 4 yrs + 1yr ILR
Applying alone since my wife has not been in the UK for five years.
Child already has passport since she was born here after we got ILR
Passport: Pakistan[/quote]

thanks for sharing. we have the same category & origion.we submitted on 14th may.(2 adult + 2 children.)still no response. personally i feel ithat they r taking long wrt this special origion.anyway best of luck.

Dr-Java

Decision Made: dd-mm-yyyy (confirmed via telephone)

Post by Dr-Java » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:49 pm

What does it mean "Decision Made: dd-mm-yyyy (confirmed via telephone) "?
In which scenario it happened or person has to call home office to ask for the decision?

Please advise.

Srixon
Newly Registered

Re: Decision Made: dd-mm-yyyy (confirmed via telephone)

Post by Srixon » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:15 pm

Dr-Java wrote:What does it mean "Decision Made: dd-mm-yyyy (confirmed via telephone) "?
In which scenario it happened or person has to call home office to ask for the decision?

Please advise.
hey Dude, was that wat you have in your letter? or you just want to know why people in this forum is writing things like that. :?:

NiiKpani

Post by NiiKpani » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:21 pm

Dr-Java wrote:What does it mean "Decision Made: dd-mm-yyyy (confirmed via telephone) "?

Please advise.
Where you seen forumers like myself put this on our timeline, it means a phone call has been made to UKBA with UKBA confirming when the decision for the application was made. Consequently you can know when the decision was made without having received a decision letter.

There is no specific scenario. Just call after allowing ample time for your application to be processed and ask if a decision has been made and you will be told if has and when it was made

fearless2711

Post by fearless2711 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:57 pm

joelondon wrote:hey Fearless2711 any news from your side today ??? as for me nothing as yet ....still waiting ..i believe that it may take till the end of July ...so i dont want to stress..i will just have to forget ...!!!it will come one day inchalah for sure !!! :wink:

good luck for the people are waiting !!!! 8) 8) :wink: :!:
Hi Jeolondon,

No news :(.

Inshallahtala good news will come, there is always light at the end of the tunnel :).

Regards,

savas1234
Newly Registered

Re: My journey is complete fellas

Post by savas1234 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:49 pm

Hi Breaker29 how are you today , i am so glad for your success after the long journey, and greatfull for your replies which helped me alot, anyway i have sent you a private message did you get it?
thank you again
looking forward to hearing from you..
take care and keep in touch
all the best

munisa

Post by munisa » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:02 am

Please advise.
If you have made an application for citizenship, you can phone UKBA on 08450105200 to find out the progress. If you are told that a decision has been made, then the day and date when that decision was made is the dd/mm/yyyy. For instance mine was 20/06/2010. Hope that helps :?:

NiiKpani

Post by NiiKpani » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:20 pm

munisa wrote:

Please advise.
If you have made an application for citizenship, you can phone UKBA on 08450105200 to find out the progress. If you are told that a decision has been made, then the day and date when that decision was made is the dd/mm/yyyy. For instance mine was 20/06/2010. Hope that helps :?:
I've said many times already that you can avoid that premium rate number by calling 0151 672 5626 which goes to the same office

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:23 pm

Good morning everyone !!! any news from your side ???? :?: :?: :!:

well from me nothing yet !!!

good luck