ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax Return and Income

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adnanmanzoor

Tax Return and Income

Post by adnanmanzoor » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:05 pm

I have just one question that need clarification

If I submit Tax return, how i am going to prove the income mentioned in the return from bank statement? shall i need to highlight? how will the total income be matched between the two as there may be other credits in your account besides your salary and perks?

Seniors are requested to please comment.
Adnan

[iD]

Re: Tax Return and Income

Post by [iD] » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:31 am

adnanmanzoor wrote:I have just one question that need clarification

If I submit Tax return, how i am going to prove the income mentioned in the return from bank statement? shall i need to highlight? how will the total income be matched between the two as there may be other credits in your account besides your salary and perks?

Main problem with providing tax return: Tax year ends in April (April 5 in case of UK), so unless you are claiming the period ending April 6 or before and total amount you're claiming is the same as the one credited to your bank then I think you shouldn't
Let us know about your scenario, Employed? Self Employed. Documents you can arrange etc and we'll try to guide you
Goodluck.

adnanmanzoor

Post by adnanmanzoor » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:32 am

[iD] wrote:

Main problem with providing tax return: Tax year ends in April (April 5 in case of UK), so unless you are claiming the period ending April 6 or before and total amount you're claiming is the same as the one credited to your bank then I think you shouldn't
Let us know about your scenario, Employed? Self Employed. Documents you can arrange etc and we'll try to guide you
Dear ID
I am employed. Tax year in Pakistan ends at 30th June so I will be claiming points from 1st july 2009 to 30th June 2010. If i get the tax return and match the amount with the credits in my bank statements, that would suffice?
Adnan

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:56 am

adnanmanzoor wrote:
[iD] wrote:

Dear ID
I am employed. Tax year in Pakistan ends at 30th June so I will be claiming points from 1st july 2009 to 30th June 2010. If i get the tax return and match the amount with the credits in my bank statements, that would suffice?
seems alright, have you considered other documents? like payslips or employers letter?
Goodluck.

adnanmanzoor

Post by adnanmanzoor » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:39 am

I am also considering to obtain earnings letter from my employer. however, I have been made not only the salary but other things also such as bonuses, allowances and performance awards. they were paid to me on different dates during the month. So shall I club all the payments and show the gross and net or shall i show each payment on my employer letter?
your guidance is requested..
Adnan

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:47 am

Tax return with bank statement is not sufficient. You wont get the visa.

If you are self employed: then you also need accountant letter and management accounts of the business.

If you are employed then you need salary slips or payment certificate from employer corroborating with your tax return figures.

adnanmanzoor

Post by adnanmanzoor » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:29 am

Rizwan but they say they require two documents. Either Bank Statement and employer letter or tax return. I request for further opinions from seniors who have specially applied after 6th April 2010.
Adnan

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:37 am

adnanmanzoor wrote:I am also considering to obtain earnings letter from my employer. however, I have been made not only the salary but other things also such as bonuses, allowances and performance awards. they were paid to me on different dates during the month. So shall I club all the payments and show the gross and net or shall i show each payment on my employer letter?
your guidance is requested..
Adnan, It doesn't matter how many times you were paid during a month. Your employer can pay you every day of the month. What you need to make sure that you have paid tax on every earnings you're claiming and your employer or tax authority can verify it when and if HO contact them for confirmation.
Click here for the letter format posted by chetanojha, it should give you some idea regarding letter format. Just make sure your income is shown in PKRs since you get paid in Rs.

Do not include unnecessary documents. if they want two docs, give them two docs. Unnecessary documents confuse the caseworker and delay your application.
Goodluck.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:37 pm

adnanmanzoor wrote:Rizwan but they say they require two documents. Either Bank Statement and employer letter or tax return. I request for further opinions from seniors who have specially applied after 6th April 2010.

Yes, they say two corroborative evidence. Means figures should be matched in both evidences

If you supply tax return and business bank statements. Then they are not corroborating. Because business bank statement will only show the turnover generated by the business. It does not tell the profits of business. Hence two piece of evidence are not corroborating.

If you are employed and you spply tax reuturn along with salary slips or payment certificate thats fine. As figure in tax return would corrobrate with 12 salary slips (if added together)

Whatever you provide should corroborate and clearly back each other in terms of your income/profits/salary etc... hope you get the point

If yo