ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR & New Born Baby

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lovedt
Newly Registered

ILR & New Born Baby

Post by lovedt » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:37 am

Hi There..

I wish this could have been more simpler..

Please guide me.

Simple Thing: I am on WP since last 3y11m having indian passport. ILR is due next week. Going to croydon as well.

Confusion: We were blessed with Baby boy last week.

Solution: ???? Please someone guide.

can i just go to croydon and tell them about baby and show certificate. OR once i get ILR then apply for British Passport for my child.???

Please..please guide me before friday.

Many Thanks..
Cheers

Lovedt

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:14 am

Congratulations!!

Once you have your ILR, your baby will become entitled to be registered as a British citizen - it comes under section A of application form MN1 which - if you're lucky - you'll be able to download from this page on the IND website. (I just tried it, and it worked perfectly at this time of night - during the day the story is very different!)
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

abbi
Newly Registered

Post by abbi » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:34 am

Dear PPron747

Can you tell me how that Baby will be a british citizen when at the time of his birth neither of his parent hold the British Citizenship or the ILR

as mentioned

Simple Thing: I am on WP since last 3y11m having indian passport. ILR is due next week. Going to croydon as well.

Confusion: We were blessed with Baby boy last week

What the immigration Rules says that one of your parent should hold the British Citzenship or ILR before the Born child to register as British Citizen

Please Quote If I am worng

Thanks

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:55 am

abbi wrote:Dear PPron747

Can you tell me how that Baby will be a british citizen when at the time of his birth neither of his parent hold the British Citizenship or the ILR

as mentioned

Confusion: We were blessed with Baby boy last week

What the immigration Rules says that one of your parent should hold the British Citzenship or ILR before the Born child to register as British Citizen

Please Quote If I am worng

Thanks
Section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act 1981 gives a UK born child (if the child is not British at birth) an entitlement to registration as a British citizen if after he or she is born, a parent becomes a British citizen or "settled" in the United Kingdom.

abbi
Newly Registered

Post by abbi » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:56 pm

Dear JaJ

Thanks for your kind Reply.

Please Tell me then I got my ILR on 1st of March 2006. While I was on Workpermit Since March 2002. I had a Son Born in July 2004 while I was on Workpermit.

Can I apply for his British Citizenship as well ?

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:12 pm

Abbi, nice and simple ... yes! Use form MN1.

Alternatively, when you apply for Naturalisation .. in March 2007? .... you can include the child on your form AN(NEW).

The cost of submitting a separate form MN1 = £200. Cost of adding a child to your AN(NEW) form = £200. The only difference will be when your child becomes British .... sooner or later.
John

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:53 pm

John wrote:Abbi, nice and simple ... yes! Use form MN1.

Alternatively, when you apply for Naturalisation .. in March 2007? .... you can include the child on your form AN(NEW).

The cost of submitting a separate form MN1 = £200. Cost of adding a child to your AN(NEW) form = £200. The only difference will be when your child becomes British .... sooner or later.
So in this case there is no cost saving by waiting - from a United Kingdom viewpoint at least, it's best to register the children as British citizens now.

Processing time for registration is quicker than for naturalisation - about 1 month, by all accounts.

abbi
Newly Registered

Post by abbi » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:38 pm

Thanks a Lot JAJ and John For you help to Lovedt and my

I Got ILR on 1st March through Workpermit.com by using their Permium Service. My Son Born in July 2004 while I was on WP. I was under the impression that I have to wait until March 2007 for him as well to apply for Regtistration.

This help me a lot. once agin thanks for your valueable returns.

Regards
Abbi