ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employement challenges to Tier 1 Migrants as per new policy

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

npanglia

Employement challenges to Tier 1 Migrants as per new policy

Post by npanglia » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:23 am

Tier 1 Migrant has the privilege to hunt for any job within UK. However I am just trying to understand the impact of new policies on the employment opportunities for Tier 1 Migrants
Please note: I am considering individuals who have already got their Tier 1 Visa (not new applicants)
1. The government is saying they will consider limit on extension of Tier 1 Visa (within country) and may increase qualifying points limit to 100 (instead of 95)
Impact:
a. Why would employer take a Tier 1 migrant for long term or permanent roles, when the chances are that the employee might not be able to extend his/her visa due to quota limit (out of his scope)
b. The Migrants cannot think of permanent settlement (like buying house etc) since future is bleak
c. This will be injustice to Tier 1 migrants since if they knew that future is going to be like that, they would have never applied and moved to UK at the first place
Is it going to impact the existing Tier 1 Migrants? Please comments.

2. Employer will have to bear expenses on health insurance of the migrant
Impact:
a. Additional cost to employer means he might be reluctant to intake Tier 1 migrant for the job position
b. Overall migrants will have to take a cut from their own salary only to offset the point above
c. If that is the case, then why should Tier 1 migrant pay for National Insurance since they have no recourse to public funds and now NHS privilege is also gone.
Is it for Tier 2 only or Both Tier 1 and 2? And how much burden will that be on employer? Is it going to impact Tier 1 Migrants?

Overall, this is going to cost professional migrants a lot. Already employment opportunities are less within UK economy, the introduction of these measure will make sure migrants come from their respective country, spend their savings and go back with disappointment without taking anything from the Visa.
Is it right analysis of the situation or am I misunderstanding the policies?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Employement challenges to Tier 1 Migrants as per new pol

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:39 am

npanglia wrote:Tier 1 Migrant has the privilege to hunt for any job within UK. However I am just trying to understand the impact of new policies on the employment opportunities for Tier 1 Migrants
Please note: I am considering individuals who have already got their Tier 1 Visa (not new applicants)
1. The government is saying they will consider limit on extension of Tier 1 Visa (within country) and may increase qualifying points limit to 100 (instead of 95)
Impact:
a. Why would employer take a Tier 1 migrant for long term or permanent roles, when the chances are that the employee might not be able to extend his/her visa due to quota limit (out of his scope)
b. The Migrants cannot think of permanent settlement (like buying house etc) since future is bleak
c. This will be injustice to Tier 1 migrants since if they knew that future is going to be like that, they would have never applied and moved to UK at the first place

Impact:
a. Additional cost to employer means he might be reluctant to intake Tier 1 migrant for the job position
b. Overall migrants will have to take a cut from their own salary only to offset the point above
c. If that is the case, then why should Tier 1 migrant pay for National Insurance since they have no recourse to public funds and now NHS privilege is also gone.
Is it for Tier 2 only or Both Tier 1 and 2? And how much burden will that be on employer? Is it going to impact Tier 1 Migrants?

Overall, this is going to cost professional migrants a lot. Already employment opportunities are less within UK economy, the introduction of these measure will make sure migrants come from their respective country, spend their savings and go back with disappointment without taking anything from the Visa.
Tough times ahead. The concerns you have raised are very valid and alarming.

adnanmanzoor

Employer Ceritificate!! quick help required.

Post by adnanmanzoor » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:50 am

Today I have formally asked my employer to issue me the earnings certificate. however, they say that they have a particular format for this which will only show my gross and net earnings with no break downs. they have suggested me to attach the break down of my earnings on a separate sheet and attach it with the employer certificate. I can also show the break down of my earnings on my bank statements.
Will that be ok?
A quick response is requested from the seniors.
Adnan

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Employer Ceritificate!! quick help required.

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:54 am

adnanmanzoor wrote:Today I have formally asked my employer to issue me the earnings certificate. however, they say that they have a particular format for this which will only show my gross and net earnings with no break downs. they have suggested me to attach the break down of my earnings on a separate sheet and attach it with the employer certificate. I can also show the break down of my earnings on my bank statements.
Will that be ok?
A quick response is requested from the seniors.
Please start a new thread when discussing a different topic.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:58 am

npanglia wrote:Tier 1 Migrant has the privilege to hunt for any job within UK. However I am just trying to understand the impact of new policies on the employment opportunities for Tier 1 Migrants
Impact:

Impact:

This is very well thought.

Does the govt foresee that all Brits can acquire or have skills that people who come on HSMP , Tier-1 , Tier -2 can be replaced back, so more jobs technically for British people by implementing a tight cap?

This will impact UK universities as Indians or Asian students take bank loans to pay full fees and rely on PSW's to Tier -1 to get that income and repay the bank loans. If the govt puts a tight cap I am sure Universities are impacted, unless (some) people just go to study and come back. I have no stats on this.

Overall has the govt put a serious thought on the economy by capping the limit? I am pretty sure they have.

With a immigration cap , i'm sure there is going to be a heavy competition among us people to survive and stay fit for further extensions and future prospects in UK.

Plus there's going to be no job guarantee in any employment, even if the economy improves as more and more people with want to seek opportunities.

If potential employers are reluctant to offer jobs and employments to Tier -1's ,who will they offer it to?

Devanshi
Newly Registered

Changes

Post by Devanshi » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:13 pm

For point 1 - It is clearly mentioned that 100 points will not apply to extension application.

I haven't read about point 3 - Insurance contribution. What does it mean? Isn't NI is being paid as employer's and employee's contribution separately?

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:34 pm

Impact:

Impact:

Can you please post your proofs (probably links) here ??

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi

yes i agree with your thoughts.

adnanmanzoor

Bank Statement.. Urgent help

Post by adnanmanzoor » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:23 pm

Hi
One of my credit enteries for salary is appearing on just the end of the paper where official address of the bank is printed. both texts are overlapping and may not be correctly visible. Is that ok?
Adnan