ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

changing name

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manheb
Newly Registered

changing name

Post by manheb » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:28 pm

this message has been adited by me in another post
Last edited by manheb on Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gnosis
Newly Registered

Post by Gnosis » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:06 pm

Geez! I hope you will sort that issue out. I was almost in same situation and even have been asked how did I dare to change my surname...to be even worst that happened in my home land and waited more then two months to get new documents. Life is all about Live & Learn.

Good luck!

manheb
Newly Registered

Re: changing name

Post by manheb » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:26 pm

Recently I have changed my surname in the UK after 8 years being here and married last year to a EEA so I am a non-EEA who have married to EEA.
UKBA kept my Residence Documentation about four month plus my driving license which I have changed my surname on it in one week time.
Now UKBA has sent me that we need your identity!!!! After 8 years in contact!!! What can I call this mess!!!
End of this month I am going to have holiday in Turkey with bought and ready paid ticket so where is my identity?!!! in UKBA who informed me last week that I have to have 'Family Permit' in order to be allowed to come back in the UK!!!!
They expect me to give them passport and birth certificate to show them that I have changed my name in my country. Well if I could go there I did not need Residence Documentation. £750 ticket, I cannot use and I cannot return it.
Funny is here that MP said: ‘you should have this permit from Turkish Embassy!!!!' what to do with UK?!!!
Anyway now my question, what shall I do to have my Residence Documentation back from UKBA who messed up with all more than 400,000 immigrants? [/quote]