ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

billo

Post by billo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:55 am

Thanks SF786, sometimes things are that simple, the simpler they are you think there must be a twist - surely it can't be that easy! But they really are just that easy. If you read what I posted above then even if you are British by Descent then you can still pass on your Nationality but with additional requirements. Seriously, members whose wives are pregnant need to check this out properly, if only to put your mind at rest.

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:55 am

billo wrote:Yes that means that the mother/ father has to be a British citizen otherwise than by descent. So if the members of this board were born to naturalized British citizen parents than they are not British Citizens by descent, but full British able to pass on their Nationality to their offspring.
I don't profess to know everything about this, but would urge members of this board who are in any doubt to contact an OISC registered advisor as I'm pretty certain that their children born in Pakistan are British by descent by virtue of having British fathers.
I became a naturalized British about 6 years ago - According to Batlykhan if my child is born in Pakistan he/she is not British -

billo are you saying besed on the scenasio above my child born in Pakistan is British - right?

SF786

Post by SF786 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:33 am

InshaAllah I pray for the sake of our brothers you're right billo
I emailed ukhub regarding our application, received the following reply just over an hour later:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email.  As clearly noted on Gerrys website settlement applications can take up to 12 weeks from the date of application to process. Enquiries should be only be made in to the status of the application if 12 weeks passes and the applicant has not been contacted. application if 12 weeks passes and the applicant has not been contacted.

Regards
UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team

Nice try... :oops:
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

billo

Post by billo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:42 am

Z4yd, I think your child will be British by descent, but this is just what I think from the information I have read and how I understand that information. I've PM'd you with details of a good advisor.

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:37 pm

billo wrote:Z4yd, I think your child will be British by descent, but this is just what I think from the information I have read and how I understand that information. I've PM'd you with details of a good advisor.
JazakAllahu khyran - It is all this lega jargon I cant work it out. May Allah swt make our path easy inshallah

billo

Post by billo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:03 pm

British by descent just means that they were not born in the UK, but are descended from (in this case you) a parent who is a British Citizen. The only thing will be that your child, were they to have children in future who are born outside UK then they will not automatically pass on citizenship.

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:04 pm

Hmmmm, interesting tidbits, thanks guys. I was born in the UK so my reading skills lead me to think that any child of mine will be British regardless of birth place.

In other news, recently I have started to receive replies to my emails that I sent about 2 weeks ago. I sent about 5 off. I've posted some of them on the previous page. Yesterday I received another 2 emails from different 'abu.dhabi' addresses. 1 of them requesting the GRY-PK reference in order to give me info and the other email was from an ECO who also wanted extra detail. I replied to both with information requested, ECO replied swiftly saying he is unable to trace my application, best for me to check with the VAC I submitted at. Strange! My status has changed online once to under process so something is happening but I'm somewhat perturbed that the abu.dhabi ECO can't track my paperwork unless their system is entirely separated from whatever goes on at Croydon.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:30 pm

Quick Question:

My HR department received an email from the UKBA asking for confirmation of my employment details.

HR have sent an email to the UKBA, supplying the information that they asked for AND with a request to reply back once they (the UKBA) receive the email from my HR.

However my HR have not had confirmation from the UKBA that they have received my the information.

What can I do to ensure that they have received the information that they have asked for.

Look forward to your advice...
Tues 04/05/2010 - App submitted Lahore
Wed 05/05/2010 - App forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Mon 17/05/10 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission
Tue 29/06/19 - HR contacted
Thur 22/07/10- Email to confirm decision Made

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:44 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if you don't receive a confirmation (ever or any time soon) based on my experience with emailing them...
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

billo

Post by billo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:46 pm

kaidee wrote:Hmmmm, interesting tidbits, thanks guys. I was born in the UK so my reading skills lead me to think that any child of mine will be British regardless of birth place.

In other news, recently I have started to receive replies to my emails that I sent about 2 weeks ago. I sent about 5 off. I've posted some of them on the previous page. Yesterday I received another 2 emails from different 'abu.dhabi' addresses. 1 of them requesting the GRY-PK reference in order to give me info and the other email was from an ECO who also wanted extra detail. I replied to both with information requested, ECO replied swiftly saying he is unable to trace my application, best for me to check with the VAC I submitted at. Strange! My status has changed online once to under process so something is happening but I'm somewhat perturbed that the abu.dhabi ECO can't track my paperwork unless their system is entirely separated from whatever goes on at Croydon.
Just thought I'd clear things up as it was being suggested that your child would need a visa, which they won't as they will be British :D

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:01 pm

zeddy zed wrote:navalaviator and qasim when are u guys submiting ur applications
We are submitting at Islamabad VAC :)
And what about you?I mean where you will submit yours :)
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:06 pm

billo wrote:
kaidee wrote:Hmmmm, interesting tidbits, thanks guys. I was born in the UK so my reading skills lead me to think that any child of mine will be British regardless of birth place.

Just thought I'd clear things up as it was being suggested that your child would need a visa, which they won't as they will be British :D
JazakAllahu khairan, alhamdulillah that is indeed some solace in the event of an unpleasant scenario :D

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:08 pm

Well as far as that nationality matter concerns i would strongly agree with Batley khan(child needs a visa to enter the UK) as i read numerous cases here on this forum regarding the child born outside the UK amd in all of the cases child must have a valid visa to enter the UK,many people have been in this tricky situation before so i would suggest to all those people who are concerned that they do a bit of search here on this forum and read the previous topics posted here regarding this particular scenario where father is a citizen while the foreign partner with child needs a visa to enter and surely it would solve this puzzle,contact an OISC regulated solicitor to confirm it precisely according to the law.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:12 pm

Let's put together a monotonous complaint email. First draft...

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing to express my extreme disappointment at the way visa applications have been handled recently. Applicants have had to wait a month, in many cases longer, to receive their passport back after a decision has been made. What this means to me is that the passport has just been sitting in a room somewhere in Pakistan until someone can be bothered to contact the applicant to pick it up. This is quite simply not acceptable, but unfortunately, I believe it to be typical Pakistani customer service ethos.

I expect higher standards given the extortionate fees that we pay and at least some degree of humanity and understanding that delaying return of passports and such is having a detrimental effect on peoples' lives.

Expectant of change and quicker returns,

A disgruntled applicant/sponsor

Thoughts?

billo

Post by billo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:20 pm

Yep, definitely consult an OISC registered advisor as I've said before, but surely if your child is British by descent than you can just apply 4 passport. Why would a British Citizen need a visa to enter their own country. They will just need passport and that can be done in 2/3 weeks.

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:37 pm

If you were born outside the United Kingdom or a qualifying territory

This page explains the circumstances in which someone who was born outside the United Kingdom or a qualifying territory may be a British citizen. The qualifiying territories are all the British overseas territories except for the Sovereign base areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia (in Cryprus).
If you were born outside the United Kingdom before 1 January 1983

If you were born outside the United Kingdom before 1 January 1983, you became a British citizen if, immediately before that date, you were a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies and had the right of abode in the United Kingdom.

You may have had citizenship of the United Kingdom and Colonies by descent from a father who had that citizenship, or because you were registered or naturalised as a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies.

If you have a passport issued before 1 January 1983 that describes you as a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies on page 1, you will almost certainly have become a British citizen on 1 January 1983 as long as page 5 says 'Holder has the right of abode in the United Kingdom'.

However, if you had the right of abode because you were registered under the British Nationality (No2) Act 1964, you will not normally have become a British citizen on 1 January 1983 unless your mother became a British citizen then.

You may have had right of abode if:

* you were adopted, naturalised or registered as a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies in the United Kingdom (except in certain circumstances);
* you had been legally settled in the United Kingdom and ordinarily resident there for five years; or
* when you were born, you had a parent who was a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies because he/she was born, adopted, naturalised or registered in the United Kingdom (except in certain circumstances), or because one of your grandparents was.

If you were born outside the United Kingdom on or after 1 January 1983

This section also applies to you if you were born outside a qualifying territory on or after 21 May 2002 and had a parent who was a British citizen.

Whether or not you are a British citizen depends on the type of citizenship your parents had. This may be British citizenship by descent or otherwise than by descent.

British citizenship may descend to one generation born abroad. So if you were born outside the United Kingdom or qualifying territory and one of your parents was a British citizen otherwise than by descent, you are a British citizen by descent.
If you were born before 1 July 2006 you may not qualify if your parents were not married at the time of your birth.

However, you are a British citizen otherwise than by descent if at the time of your birth one of your parents was a British citizen in Crown service, designated service, or service of a European Community institution and he/she was recruited to that service:

* in the United Kingdom;
* in the United Kingdom or a qualifying territory (if you were born on or after 21 May 2002); or
* in the European Community (for service with a European Community institution).

If you were born outside the United Kingdom or qualifying territory and your parents were British citizens by descent, you are not a British citizen. However, you may be able to apply to register as a British citizen (see registration of a child).

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... noverseas/

sky544
Newly Registered

Post by sky544 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:55 pm

kaidee wrote:Let's put together a monotonous complaint email. First draft...

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing to express my extreme disappointment at the way visa applications have been handled recently. Applicants have had to wait a month, in many cases longer, to receive their passport back after a decision has been made. What this means to me is that the passport has just been sitting in a room somewhere in Pakistan until someone can be bothered to contact the applicant to pick it up. This is quite simply not acceptable, but unfortunately, I believe it to be typical Pakistani customer service ethos.

I expect higher standards given the extortionate fees that we pay and at least some degree of humanity and understanding that delaying return of passports and such is having a detrimental effect on peoples' lives.

Expectant of change and quicker returns,

A disgruntled applicant/sponsor

Thoughts?
gerrys is not holding the passport. its sill with BHC ISB or Abu Dhabi. Looks like no one has received the passport back this week. I think they are holding everyones passport at the moment. I applied on 28/04 and my application was sent on 27/05 (as I was told by abu dhabi)

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:04 pm

Kaidee - I needed some information from you and sent you a PM please let me know.

Jazakallahu khyran

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:29 pm

Just for information,

I was reading on a another thread were people have had their applications refused.

In one particular case:

salam bros and sis, my wife won appeal in march to join me in uk, we recieved call letter in may last month and have submitted our passport to gerry in mirpur. its nearly been 30 working days and still no response. does anyone know how long it takes? the waiting is killing us :(

(posted 28th June)

then he writes on the 29th June..

I got my MP involved and hit this message today

You remember you phoned earlier this month to tell me that your wife's appeal had been successful in March and to ask that the British High Commission hurry up to deal with it and to give her the visa. I ma glad to tell you that I received an email today telling me:

“We have now received a response from UK visas regarding visa enquiries you have contacted us about on 17th June.

The visa section have the passport and are now printing the visa. The applicant will be contacted in due course to arrange collection.â€
Tues 04/05/2010 - App submitted Lahore
Wed 05/05/2010 - App forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Mon 17/05/10 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission
Tue 29/06/19 - HR contacted
Thur 22/07/10- Email to confirm decision Made

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:08 pm

No probs z4ydi, will sort it out.

Another update re emails: I emailed UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gov.uk requesting an update being concerned about the lack of traceability as expressed by a member of staff from Abu Dhabi. I received the standard reply about 12 weeks. I replied requesting confirmation that they at least have the application and that was given - they have the application and it will be processed in turn.

Emails were all very quick, all 3 emails exchanged within the hour.

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:26 pm

navalaviator wrote:
zeddy zed wrote:navalaviator and qasim when are u guys submiting ur applications
We are submitting at Islamabad VAC :)
And what about you?I mean where you will submit yours :)
i am submiting mine in begining of august at mirpur vac, i will be travelling there myself to submit

navalaviator which date are u submiting the case?

NaC
Newly Registered

Backlog in BHC Islamabad

Post by NaC » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:10 pm

I called Abu Dhabi Visa centre yesterday regarding my Case and they said the decision had been made a couple of weeks back and Passport had been dispatched to BHC in Islamabad.

But due to High Volume in Summer applications its taking a little longer time but you will get your Passport back within 2 weeks....

All the Passports r with BHC not Gerry's its due to high volume in summer they r taking longer then normal times.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spouse Visa Submitted on:- 10/05/10
Forwarded to BHC :- 17/05/10
Under Process on :- 27/05/10

Still Waiting for response . . .

z4ydi

Re: Backlog in BHC Islamabad

Post by z4ydi » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:34 pm

NaC wrote:I called Abu Dhabi Visa centre yesterday regarding my Case and they said the decision had been made a couple of weeks back and Passport had been dispatched to BHC in Islamabad.

But due to High Volume in Summer applications its taking a little longer time but you will get your Passport back within 2 weeks....

All the Passports r with BHC not Gerry's its due to high volume in summer they r taking longer then normal times.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spouse Visa Submitted on:- 10/05/10
Forwarded to BHC :- 17/05/10
Under Process on :- 27/05/10

Still Waiting for response . . .
Nac - which number did you call - how long did it take you to get through

NaC
Newly Registered

To Z4dyi

Post by NaC » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:46 pm

To Z4dyi

I called on following number they asked me for Visa reference and Date of Birth of applicant.

Telephone
Abu Dhabi:

Switchboard +971 2 610 1100
Visa Centre +971 4 3572300

They are very helpful and usually reply in 5 minutes.

Their full website is following

http://ukinuae.fco.gov.uk/en/

And have you applied for Dependent Visa for a Tier 1 (PBS) Migrant ?????

londongood

Didn't submit sponcer suporting letter

Post by londongood » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:02 pm

HI I am new here can some one help me My wife applied for spouse visa from karachi 21st jun 2010 AS i red here ppl says had to submit sponsor letter which i didn't i thought i am giving my all documents so tht means i am supporting her .so if there is no sponcer letter wud this effect on her application plz answer me