ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for my Parents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

faisalali
Newly Registered

British Citizenship for my Parents

Post by faisalali » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:52 pm

Hi Guys.

I am now eligible for my British Naturalization & Citizenship. I was told by someone that at the time of Naturalization i can request that my parents also get there Citizenship, if i can show that i have been supporting them financially over a period of time.

Has anyone any information on this.

Faisal

newperson

Post by newperson » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:57 pm

That is absolutely not true. Your parents need to qualify for naturalisation on their own merits under the published rules.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... alisation/

mrlookforward
BANNED

Re: British Citizenship for my Parents

Post by mrlookforward » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:23 pm

faisalali wrote:Hi Guys.

I am now eligible for my British Naturalization & Citizenship. I was told by someone that at the time of Naturalization i can request that my parents also get there Citizenship, if i can show that i have been supporting them financially over a period of time.

Has anyone any information on this.

Faisal
Whoever has told you this, definitely lives in cuckooland.

sunday
Newly Registered

Post by sunday » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:03 pm

You cannot apply for citizenship for them but can apply for their ILR/ILE based on the usual conditions that they are above 65 years of age and you financially support them.
Iam assuming your parents are abroad at the moment.