ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayed!!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bobbymoore
Newly Registered

Overstayed!!!

Post by bobbymoore » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:13 am

Hi
my student visa run out last month. I didnt apply any visa in UK. But I'll go back my country next month by plane. As far as I concern in the airport no passport is checked if someone leaves this country. So do immigration know that Im overstayed in UK? Can I apply UK visa again from my country?
any advice welcome
BM

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:10 am

Yes they will.

Although you may have no exit stamp leaving UK, you will almost certainly get an entry stamp in your passport when you arrive back in your country

bobbymoore
Newly Registered

Post by bobbymoore » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:37 am

batleykhan wrote:Yes they will.

Although you may have no exit stamp leaving UK, you will almost certainly get an entry stamp in your passport when you arrive back in your country
Is Entry stamp in my passport when Im entering my country only evidence?
Any other way immigration knows I overstayed apart from the entry stamp?

Cheers again

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:29 am

Whether they (UKBA) can find out or not, are you intending not to disclose the fact that you overstayed, should you be asked, in any further visa applications to the UK?
Many an applicant have found themselves paying a high price for this 'mistake'. :roll:

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:13 pm

Every time I have embarked from Heathrow Terminal 3 in the last few years there has been an immigration passport check. I'm going through there again on Monday evening, so will expect it still to be there.
- the point being that you shouldn't expect to leave the UK without being seen by an IO. You may be, you may not. But they may not get terribly excited about a few weeks' overstay.

bobbymoore
Newly Registered

Post by bobbymoore » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:29 pm

cheers guys