ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I Really Wanted this to be my 100th Post!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aspirant99
Member of Standing

I Really Wanted this to be my 100th Post!!

Post by aspirant99 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:04 am

Hi,

I would first & foremost like to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone on this forum for helping me out to file my Tier-1 visa which I have finally got stamoed now. Especially i would to thank vks(for instilling the confidence in me that i do not need a consultant to file my visa and spend 60k unnecessarily as this forum dhould be enough).He was absolutely correct. Also i thank aruni, chetan, sushdmehta, aditya and everone else who helped me with my queries.

Spare me for the Oscar ceremony speech above!!

Below are my timelines:

Application submitted at VFS delhi:14/06/10
Application forwarded to BHC:14/06/10
Application under process:19/06/10
Passport ready for collection:01/07/10

Visa Stamped and valid from: 30/06/10 to 30/06/12

My case was as follows:

1) Age : 20 points--Passport as evidence

2) Education: 30 points(Bachelors degree)--Original degree certificate as evidence

Catch: My original degree duration was 2000-2004 but due personal reasons i completed the degree in 2005
I mentioned the degree as 4 or less than 5 yrs in the PBS calculator and in the appendix i filled the duration of study as 15/07/2000-14/03/2005

3) Earnings: 25 points

1) Employer 1(June'09- March'10): Salary slips & bank statements, F&F letter & letter from the company stating that the F&F was paid in the form of cheque. Follwing was the verbatim of the cheque:
“ Mr XXX was a full-time employee in <comapny name> from <start date> to <last day>. His last working day was <last working day>, therefore his salary for <month> including all pending allowances i.e Rs (F&F amount> waspaid in his Full & Final settlement in the form of a Cheque(cheque no> payable to his
accountâ€

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:15 am

then start off with the phase-2 i.e searching the right job!!.
The most important thing.. :)

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:21 am

aruni4470 wrote:
then start off with the phase-2 i.e searching the right job!!.
The most important thing.. :)
Indeed!! :D

venkarun
Newly Registered

Post by venkarun » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:56 am

congrats aspirant - on your visa AND your 100th post!

Did you receive a PF settlement (apart from or as part of your full & final settlement from you first employer) that you showed as previous earnings? I am in a situation wherein I am not very sure whether my Provident Fund settlement would be considered as part of my previous 'earnings'.

cheers

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:11 am

venkarun wrote:congrats aspirant - on your visa AND your 100th post!

Did you receive a PF settlement (apart from or as part of your full & final settlement from you first employer) that you showed as previous earnings? I am in a situation wherein I am not very sure whether my Provident Fund settlement would be considered as part of my previous 'earnings'.

cheers
No i did not receive any PF settlement as part of my F&F and neither did i use it to show as part of my earnings...good luck!!

adityak77
Member of Standing

Re: I Really Wanted this to be my 100th Post!!

Post by adityak77 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:12 am

[quote="aspirant99"]Hi,

I would first & foremost like to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone on this forum for helping me out to file my Tier-1 visa which I have finally got stamoed now. Especially i would to thank vks(for instilling the confidence in me that i do not need a consultant to file my visa and spend 60k unnecessarily as this forum dhould be enough).He was absolutely correct. Also i thank aruni, chetan, sushdmehta, aditya and everone else who helped me with my queries.

Below are my timelines:

My case was as follows:

2) Education: 30 points(Bachelors degree)--Original degree certificate as evidence

Catch: My original degree duration was 2000-2004 but due personal reasons i completed the degree in 2005
I mentioned the degree as 4 or less than 5 yrs in the PBS calculator and in the appendix i filled the duration of study as 15/07/2000-14/03/2005

1) Employer 1(June'09- March'10): Salary slips & bank statements, F&F letter & letter from the company stating that the F&F was paid in the form of cheque. Follwing was the verbatim of the cheque:
“ Mr XXX was a full-time employee in <comapny name> from <start date> to <last day>. His last working day was <last working day>, therefore his salary for <month> including all pending allowances i.e Rs (F&F amount> waspaid in his Full & Final settlement in the form of a Cheque(cheque no> payable to his
accountâ€

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: I Really Wanted this to be my 100th Post!!

Post by aspirant99 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:13 am

[quote="adityak77"][quote="aspirant99"]Hi,

Below are my timelines:

My case was as follows:

accountâ€

venkarun
Newly Registered

Post by venkarun » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:23 pm

aspirant99 wrote:
venkarun wrote:congrats aspirant - on your visa AND your 100th post!

cheers
No i did not receive any PF settlement as part of my F&F and neither did i use it to show as part of my earnings...good luck!!
Thanks mate, will endure on...and good luck to you too!

sapvish

Post by sapvish » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:17 pm

aspirant congrates... and thx for posting your experience!

upendrasonu
Newly Registered

Post by upendrasonu » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:25 am

Hi aspirant99 ...Congrats!!!

Wanted to know if you could share our cover letter (or any other supporting letters...would be a great help!)

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:08 pm

upendrasonu wrote:Hi aspirant99 ...Congrats!!!

Wanted to know if you could share our cover letter (or any other supporting letters...would be a great help!)
Sure ..following are the cover letters /FD formats that i used:

Cover letter--Chetanojha's format
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46010

FD--Suresh.K's format
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=53751

For the F&F cheque letter from employer I used the format that i have mentioned in the OP.

You can use the above formats and modify it to suit your case...good luck!!