ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr for baby

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pv
Newly Registered

ilr for baby

Post by pv » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:48 pm

i received by ILR last month and have to urgently travel in 2 weeks with my baby. My baby was born in uk last year and has an Indian passport. As we never intended to travel before i got my ILR my baby has no UK visa. i have been told that the baby is eligible for British citizenship but as i have to travel in 2 weeks i don't have time to register him and get the registry done in time.
We are applying to have my husbands (work permit holder) to move to a spouse visa and have got an appointment at the PEO next week. I m planning to add my child as dependant so that he can atleast come back to uk without any problem.

1.Can anyone advise if the baby will qualify for indefinite leave or will he also get a visa for 2 years like my husband will when he moves to spouse visa?
2. if the child does not get ILR will he have to get an ID card for foreign national? if this is the case i am hoping all this comes before i travel as my appointment is on the 9th and travel on 12th.