ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help: Tier 2 earning + part time

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naeemr
Newly Registered

Urgent help: Tier 2 earning + part time

Post by naeemr » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:10 pm

I am on Tier 2 (general) category however I did some part time work to make my salary to get enough point for Tier 1 with private company.

Either I need a letter from my main employer that I can do the part time work along with main job or not. Becuase in Tier 2, the employers name is printed on the Visa.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent help: Tier 2 earning + part time

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:30 pm

naeemr wrote:I am on Tier 2 (general) category however I did some part time work to make my salary to get enough point for Tier 1 with private company.

Either I need a letter from my main employer that I can do the part time work along with main job or not. Becuase in Tier 2, the employers name is printed on the Visa.
Does your second job satisfy the below criteria? If yes then you dont need anything from your sponsor (but may have to explain in a cover letter). If no, then it is not legal and wont be counted.

Extra jobs
In addition to the job specified in your certificate of sponsorship, you can do extra work if it is:
in the same profession and at the same professional level as the job specified in your certificate of sponsorship;
no more than 20 hours per week; and
outside the working hours covered by your certificate of sponsorship.
If you start an extra job that meets these requirements, you do not need to tell us about it.
You can do voluntary work in any sector. You must not be paid or receive other money for the voluntary work, except reasonable expenses as described in section 44 of the National Minimum Wage Act. See the OPSI website on the right of this page for more information about the National Minimum Wage Act.