ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fearless2711

Post by fearless2711 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:30 pm

Breaker29 wrote:Is it true you received the aproval :?:
This question is just because you've been posting other people comments by doing "copy & Past" or removing the "quote".

Any way, if it's true ...

I'm S :D Happy F :lol: r y :P u

joelondon wrote:here are my friend time's line !!!hope it may help thanks

NCS or Postal: NCS - Tower hamlet Council (London)
Date of submission: 10 May 2010
received by the home office : 11 May 2010
Basis: (5 years RC + 1 year and 6 month PR )
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 14 May 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 17 May 2010
Date of receipt of approval : 2 july 2010

good luck to everyone who are still waiting ..including my self :wink:
JeoLondon, is this you result or your friend's , from you message I cannot get, who ever it is for, congratulation and Good luck to me and all who are still w8.

Regards,

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:42 pm

guyssssssssss thanks for the wishes and the congratulations ...but i said that is MY FRIEND TIME LINE ...and not mine :( ....I'm still waiting ...:( :(

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:50 pm

fearless2711 wrote:[
Hi All, one more went by and no news :(.
regards,
hey dude ...dont worry we are still in the same boat ...i'm still waiting ...no news from my side ...it was my friend who got his approval today ...so i just added his timeline to help ...thats all ...but i'm wishing for everyone and including us ...the best and good news for the up coming week inchalah ...

God bless you all people
Last edited by joelondon on Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:54 pm

nosscire81 wrote:Hi Guys, God has been good and I have got my approval. I was pleasantly surprised at the time it has taken:

Timelines:

NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission : 15 June 2010
CRITERIA - 2 years Spouse Visa + 1 Year ILR
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 18 June 2010
Date UKBA made decision: I'm not sure tbh
Date of receipt of approval/ confirmation that my certificate of Naturalisation has been received from my local Council: 1 July 2010
Date of Ceremony: 16 AUG 2010

I've seen some posts, especially joelondon who I feel for, where you haven't heard for weeks. Don't despair, you'll find out sooner or later. Although it is difficult, refrain from thinking about it too much. Perhaps forget about it altogether to calm yourselves down. I did, and I was surprised and happy when I read my letter. So joelondon, my good friend, promise me that for the next two weeks you won't be worrying and posting on this blog, and who knows, your prayers might just get answered
Congratulation ..very happy for you ...thanks for the wishes ...and i promise you that i will not post anything any-more ..till i get some good news ...

you should know the stress already ...;)...enjoy your day and congratulation once again ...all the best ;)

nosscire81
Newly Registered

Post by nosscire81 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:23 am

HI Guys, following up on my previous post, I received my confirmation from the HO today and it was dated 25th of June, which means it took them 5 working days to make the decision. The crazy this is that I have to wait a month and a half to get to the citizenship ceremony, but tbh, I don't mind all that much.
I'll look into a private ceremony, but apparently its £120 for that.

Joelondon, I'm sure you'll have some news in the next week or so and when you do, please let me know. Good luck with it all. My best wishes to you and every one out here. Remember everyone, we all fear the worst and dwell on the negatives, it is but natural for us to do so. But have faith and try and think positive.

roshan_asher
Newly Registered

Post by roshan_asher » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:17 pm

I had to pay £210 for my private ceremony.. it all depends on the which borogh you live in.. each council charging their own amount it seems
nosscire81 wrote:HI Guys, following up on my previous post, I received my confirmation from the HO today and it was dated 25th of June, which means it took them 5 working days to make the decision. The crazy this is that I have to wait a month and a half to get to the citizenship ceremony, but tbh, I don't mind all that much.

Joelondon, I'm sure you'll have some news in the next week or so and when you do, please let me know. Good luck with it all. My best wishes to you and every one out here. Remember everyone, we all fear the worst and dwell on the negatives, it is but natural for us to do so. But have faith and try and think positive.

munisa

Post by munisa » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:19 pm

roshan_asher wrote:I had to pay £210 for my private ceremony.. it all depends on the which borogh you live in.. each council charging their own amount it seems
nosscire81 wrote:HI Guys, following up on my previous post, I received my confirmation from the HO today and it was dated 25th of June, which means it took them 5 working days to make the decision. The crazy this is that I have to wait a month and a half to get to the citizenship ceremony, but tbh, I don't mind all that much.

I cannot believe some councils charge a mind bogling £210 for private ceremony :!: My council charges only £30
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

newperson

Post by newperson » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:37 pm

Just FYI...

Islington Council charges £100 for a private ceremony held on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Or £250 for one held on Friday. Or £450 for one held on Saturday.

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:29 am

newperson wrote:Just FYI...

Islington Council charges £100 for a private ceremony held on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Or £250 for one held on Friday. Or £450 for one held on Saturday.
Thanks Newperson. That is good to know.

Request to others, would be helpful, if you can post similar information as well please. Would help those who will be applying in the future.

Thanks,

Ray

newperson

Post by newperson » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:10 am

The thing is, though...I don't believe that you can effectively shop around for the "best" council to do your ceremony in. Your post code determines the council that will do it.

I say this from experience. I went to Westminster for my NCS and put Westminster down on the AN form for where I would like the ceremony to be held. However, this request was apparently disregarded and my ceremony is being handled by my local council, Islington.

I could raise a stink about this, but why bother? Islington has already received my naturalisation certificate, and they would have to send it back to the Home Office who would then send it on to Westminster. So that would delay the whole process.

The Islington Council has been friendly and has handled everything so far very professionally, which is great. It's just that Westminster offers group ceremonies twice a week as opposed to Islington's once. So I reckoned I might have to wait a shorter time to attend. Moreover, Islington's private ceremony costs are relatively quite expensive as has already been noted above.

Oh well, I can wait. But those who try to "council shop" might find their efforts somewhat stymied.

roshan_asher
Newly Registered

Post by roshan_asher » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:34 am

Yap I agree with you. its like lets rob forighn nationals as much as we can until they became British :lol:
newperson wrote:The thing is, though...I don't believe that you can effectively shop around for the "best" council to do your ceremony in. Your post code determines the council that will do it.

I say this from experience. I went to Westminster for my NCS and put Westminster down on the AN form for where I would like the ceremony to be held. However, this request was apparently disregarded and my ceremony is being handled by my local council, Islington.

I could raise a stink about this, but why bother? Islington has already received my naturalisation certificate, and they would have to send it back to the Home Office who would then send it on to Westminster. So that would delay the whole process.

The Islington Council has been friendly and has handled everything so far very professionally, which is great. It's just that Westminster offers group ceremonies twice a week as opposed to Islington's once. So I reckoned I might have to wait a shorter time to attend. Moreover, Islington's private ceremony costs are relatively quite expensive as has already been noted above.

Oh well, I can wait. But those who try to "council shop" might find their efforts somewhat stymied.

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:58 pm

newperson wrote:The thing is, though...I don't believe that you can effectively shop around for the "best" council to do your ceremony in. Your post code determines the council that will do it.

Thanks for that as well. It would be nice if they can give you the council of your choice. But oh well.

Ray

munisa

Post by munisa » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:12 pm

raymasa2 wrote:

Thanks for that as well. It would be nice if they can give you the council of your choice. But oh well.

Ray
In the hinterland (outside London) there is a much bigger flexibility in choosing the council for ceremeny, partly because not all councils offer this service, and some that do conduct ceremonies once in 3 months... etc. In this case we get to chose where to have the ceremony.

Sekkappan
Newly Registered

British nationality, delivery at India.

Post by Sekkappan » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:40 am

Hello there,

I am due for a british Nationality - 4+ 1 years. I have an appointment with Nationality checking service for 28th July and planning to submit the application for all 3 of us. Me, my wife and my daughter.

Wife is expecting and she and my daughter plan to go to India in October and come back in March 2011.

1) Can i be confident that my entire process of getting a UK passport will be completed before October (3 months from application?)

2) Surrendering indian passpport, getting an OCI will not happen so I plan to take a visa and let them go to India - visa for 6 months

3) What happens to the baby born there I understand I need to take a british passport from UK embassy in India, does the baby need a visa there? will there be complications of having a delivery without getting an OCI?

4) Is there any way I can get OCI quicker - the Indian websit says 12 weeks to process OCI application.

Any inputs would be much appreciated.

faz123

Post by faz123 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:56 am

My timeline

ILR granted 9/6/2009 HSMP JR (total-3 years 11 months and 9 days)
Form AN submitted at NCS Sutton 09/06/2010 - joint application with wife
Received at Liverpool - 10/6/2010 (confirmed via Dx tracking number)
Credit Card payment taken - 14/06/10
Letter of acknowledgement received - 17/06/10 dated 14/06/10
Called UKBA today - Decision made end of last week and should receive letter in 10 days- Decision? unknown yet.
Current Passport- Pakistani

Hoping and praying for the best outcome Inshallah

Fazal

alizarao

Post by alizarao » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:17 pm

[quote="faz123"]My timeline

ILR granted 9/6/2009 HSMP JR (total-3 years 11 months and 9 days)
Form AN submitted at NCS Sutton 09/06/2010 - joint application with wife
Received at Liverpool - 10/6/2010 (confirmed via Dx tracking number)
Credit Card payment taken - 14/06/10
Letter of acknowledgement received - 17/06/10 dated 14/06/10
Called UKBA today - Decision made end of last week and should receive letter in 10 days- Decision? unknown yet.
Current Passport- Pakistani

Hoping and praying for the best outcome Inshallah

Fazal[/quote]

hoope decision would be +ve. u r lucky yr decision is quick. we applied(joint application) on 14th may(HSMP JR) but still waiting.soooo annoying.wish u all the best.

faz123

Post by faz123 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:55 pm

hoope decision would be +ve. u r lucky yr decision is quick. we applied(joint application) on 14th may(HSMP JR) but still waiting.soooo annoying.wish u all the best.[/quote]

Thanks Alizarao for wishing me luck. I hope you will also get your approval letter very soon

Breaker29

Post by Breaker29 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:33 pm

I removed this question, because it was selly and I have the answer already.
Last edited by Breaker29 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tsp

My Timelines

Post by tsp » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:18 pm

Date of submission : 1st June 2010
Received at HO: 2nd June 2010
CRITERIA - 5 years ( 4 years wp + 1yr hsmp + 1yr PR ) ,family : kid,wife ,myself
Date of payment taken by HO: 04-June-2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 08-June-2010
Date of receipt of approval: 1st July 2010
Date of Ceremony: 2nd July 2010

Date of appln. for passport: 04-July-2010
Method used: Check and Send
Documents received:
IPS Interview:
Passport received:

munisa

Re: My Timelines

Post by munisa » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:17 pm

tsp wrote:NCS or Postal: NCS
CRITERIA - 5 years ( 4 years wp + 1yr hsmp + 1yr PR ) ,family : kid,wife ,myself

Documents received:
IPS Interview:
Passport received:
tsp how did you get a date for ceremony so quick? only a day?

alizarao

Post by alizarao » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:49 pm

[quote="tsp"]NCS or Postal: NCS

Documents received:
IPS Interview:
Passport received:[/quote]

congartulations. best wishes for next process hope & pray it will go well. u got yr approval soon. here we r waiting from last 8 weeks .but i read many previous posts so i'm sure that HO takes some times with some appliction realted to special region. most people belon to that had to wait normally around 9 weeks or so.then i 'm also realxed that we should just wait & watch. joe london we r missing u. fearless is also still waiting. hope we all will get good results soon.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:11 am

alizarao wrote:quot;]

congartulations. best wishes for next process hope & pray it will go well. u got yr approval soon. here we r waiting from last 8 weeks .but i read many previous posts so i'm sure that HO takes some times with some appliction realted to special region. most people belon to that had to wait normally around 9 weeks or so.then i 'm also realxed that we should just wait & watch. joe london we r missing u. fearless is also still waiting. hope we all will get good results soon.
hey dude !!!! m here ...quiet and watching only , tired of talking to be honest !!! now is a time to be patient i believe ...there is no other way ..that can make the process quicker ...so just have faith ...and be positive ...inchallah we all gona get a good news sooner or later ..with God wills ...have a good one dude ...and keep in touch ;)

itsme
Member of Standing

Timelines

Post by itsme » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:11 am

Date of submission : 30th June 2010
Received at HO: 2nd July 2010
CRITERIA - 5 years ( 6 months WP + 4 yr hsmp + 1yr PR ), myself
Date of payment taken by HO:
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:
Date of receipt of approval:
Date of Ceremony:
Date of appln. for passport:
Method used:
Documents received:
IPS Interview:
Passport received:
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

gharnata
Newly Registered

Post by gharnata » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:03 pm

Our citizenship journey is also over, received our passports yesterday

Timelines:
NCS or Postal: NCS (myself, wife and two kids)
Nationality: Pakistan
Date of submission: 06/04/2010
CRITERIA - 4 years HSMP + 1 Year Back dated ILR
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: Received 15/04/2010
Date UKBA made decision: 02 June 2010
Date of receipt of approval: 08 June 2010
Date of Ceremony: 23 June 2010

Date of apply for passport: 23 June 2010
Method used: Check & Send
Documents received: 30 June 2010
IPS Interview:01 July 2010
Kids (under 16) Passports received: 01 July 2010
Our two Passports received: 05 July 2010

Good luck & best wishes to every one

noah11

Re: Decision Made: dd-mm-yyyy (confirmed via telephone)

Post by noah11 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

NiiKpani wrote:
Dr-Java wrote:What does it mean "Decision Made: dd-mm-yyyy (confirmed via telephone) "?
In which scenario it happened or person has to call home office to ask for the decision?

Please advise.
Where you seen forumers like myself put this on our timeline, it means a phone call has been made to UKBA with UKBA confirming when the decision for the application was made. Consequently you can know when the decision was made without having received a decision letter.

There is no specific scenario. Just call after allowing ample time for your application to be processed and ask if a decision has been made and you will be told if has and when it was made
do you get told if its approved? thanks
mohamed