ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:13 pm

navalaviator wrote:Q4sim how you doing mate???

How far have you gone with your application??when you will be submitting?
Inshallah very very soon :)...the aim is to submit the papers at some point during the week. What about you?

corrado

Post by corrado » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:39 pm

My wife submitted her application at Islamabad today.

I pray that everyone who is waiting or will be applying gets a favourable reply as quickly as possible insha'Allah.

Information some people might find useful:

She called on Monday and got an appointment for TB screening on Thursday and an appointment for submission today i.e. within a week.

The documents were fastened using treasury tags and these were NOT removed so it seems it is currently ok to use them.

I have noticed on this forum also that ECOs seem to be contacting the employers of the sponsors of nearly all applicants nowadays. Maybe this is why the process is taking longer as well as the obvious summer rush.

Q4sim

Re: PLEASE HELP ME IM CONCERNED ON WHAT TO DO

Post by Q4sim » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:28 pm

please delete
Last edited by Q4sim on Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Q4sim

Re: PLEASE HELP ME IM CONCERNED ON WHAT TO DO

Post by Q4sim » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:31 pm

K44MYY wrote:Hi Everyone. I am new here and have just been reading few pages from the forum. There is over 246 pages to go through I guess to find answers you need. Im sure you guys would appreciate thats alot of hours to read through plus I dont have much time.

I need some advise, some one please advise me what to do. I have prepared majority of my docs and got them certified.
Brief outline of my situation, I got married last year July in pakistan. I went on holiday as there were a few weddings goin on, I was there for an month and in the last few weeks decided to Marry my Unlces Daughter.

All went well however. MY ONLY CONCERN is that the day I got married the next day I flew back to the UK. Yes I know your all thinking what.. My mum and dad were in UK, and all other people I went with were returning few days later so I couldnt really stay as we were going to do Walima back in UK, or were gonna go back that year.

Now the ECO would surely pick up on that, since then I have worked, got all my slips, statements, have been in contact with wife on regular basis, i.e mainly phone, odd emails etc.
Please can some one share a similar experience or may know of someone and how they went about it.

Secondly - can someone advise me how to put the file together, what sections to include, and how to present it. I have read that you need like a contents page, index etc but does someone have a copy to share with us, as to how they sent theres or have prepared it and formmated it.
Or post a simple procedure to follow or link on what need to be inlcuded and where. if eveidence needs to be explained or not.
I am very upset and concerned on what to do. Please can someone help all help would be appreciated.

Thank You

:roll:
Do you have pictures of your wedding day? Or any pictures of you with your wife?
Have you exchanged birthday cards or sent each other things via post?
With regards to an index, I would't say it is essential but is definitely worth doing in my opinion as it does make looking for things so much easier. I guess it all depends on how many documents you are including.
As for template, create a section for "wedding and relationship", "finances" and "accomodation". Inside each, include all the relevant documents/evidence that you have for proof. You can put the application form in its own section alongside information related to the applicant.

corrado

Post by corrado » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:12 am

With regards to an index it really depends how simple or complicated you want to make it but some kind of list or index is required. The supporting documents checklist specifically asks for "Two sets of detailed itemised list of supporting documents".

You could choose to list each specific document submitted or break it down further to include sub headings as well, as Q4sim has suggested.

In answer to your question therefore, I believe at the very least you need to include a page or two listing documents submitted.

In answer to your query regarding returning to the UK the day after the marriage I guess it depends how strong your evidence for contact is since your return. Then again, how long should one stay with their partner after getting married?

Can anyone answer this? What's the shortest period of time someone has stayed with their partner before returning to the UK and had their application accepted first time? Would appreciate some input from the people who have had decisions recently.

Q4sim is your wife applying at Islamabad VAC?

Anybody know of anyone who has submitted this week or is submitting next week at ISB?

NAZIA786
Newly Registered

REFUSED

Post by NAZIA786 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:45 am

slaaam bro n sisters, regards to ur question...recently my husbands visa was refused, because had a simple nikaah on 29/12/09, and returnd to uk the following day...due to work commitments....

this was on of the reasons and raised sum questions in the ECO'S mind, i think...plus we didnt provide enough proof of contact, even though we had lots of evidence of contact...due to laziness i i forgot quite stupid of me... but hey...im not going to say...it shoulnt have happnd..i see it has allah decson....so inshallalh im pretty hopefull...and accept whatevas allah has in store us ...inshallah..

mkak

Post by mkak » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:38 am

aoa...my husband returned to uk next day after we got married...
we got engaged in December...
i applied on june 7 from ISB...application is under process...
i sent proof of contact after marriage aswell...
im pakistani canadian citizen...we thought i wont need any clearance certificate....thats why we already booked my ticket to uk ... its booked for last week of july ...
when we found out i need clearance he came for one day..coz he already had taken two weeks leave for honeymoon. and i had my final semester exam coming up..so we thought to keep our wedding simple...it took place at my home...
i have mentioned the reason why he came for one day in my application...
do u think it might be a problem in my case??
may you all get your visas as soon as possible ameen

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:19 am

AOA 786

mkak if the ECO will find anything week then maybe be they will make it issu other wise just kepp Dua,a that Insha Allah Allah will make everything esy for all of us Ameen.

mkak

Post by mkak » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:44 am

i was thinking is there anyway i can get my canadian passport back that i have submitted for visa before visa is stamped :(...this is so stupid to even ask that....
we had planned everything hotels,tickets, car rentals for our honeymoon by the end of july...i cant enter uk without entry clearance but i can go to other countries...
feeling so helpless :(
no way out?? just pray and wait?

zar2009

Post by zar2009 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:18 pm

Dear Shakiya,

I would too appreciate the details of the solicitor you are using in Halifax

Thanks

zar2009
Shakiya wrote:Azzy I know of a good solicitor in Halifax. He is very good and well established. Believe me I got it wrong advice the first time round from a solicitor was well l known.... my husband's visa was refused and this solicitor in Halifax help me put things right in the appeal. I would recommend him. If you like I can pass you his details.

May be BatleyKhan can advise you too.

azzy
Newly Registered

Post by azzy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:35 pm

zar2009 wrote:Dear Shakiya,

I would too appreciate the details of the solicitor you are using in Halifax

Thanks

zar2009
Shakiya wrote:Azzy I know of a good solicitor in Halifax. He is very good and well established. Believe me I got it wrong advice the first time round from a solicitor was well l known.... my husband's visa was refused and this solicitor in Halifax help me put things right in the appeal. I would recommend him. If you like I can pass you his details.

May be BatleyKhan can advise you too.

have pm you shakiya please forward me details of this solicitor

thanks

billo

Re: REFUSED

Post by billo » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:30 pm

NAZIA786 wrote:slaaam bro n sisters, regards to ur question...recently my husbands visa was refused, because had a simple nikaah on 29/12/09, and returnd to uk the following day...due to work commitments....

this was on of the reasons and raised sum questions in the ECO'S mind, i think...plus we didnt provide enough proof of contact, even though we had lots of evidence of contact...due to laziness i i forgot quite stupid of me... but hey...im not going to say...it shoulnt have happnd..i see it has allah decson....so inshallalh im pretty hopefull...and accept whatevas allah has in store us ...inshallah..
Hey Nazia786, are you appealing the decision or submitting new case?

billo

Post by billo » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:34 pm

mkak wrote:aoa...my husband returned to uk next day after we got married...
we got engaged in December...
i applied on june 7 from ISB...application is under process...
i sent proof of contact after marriage aswell...
im pakistani canadian citizen...we thought i wont need any clearance certificate....thats why we already booked my ticket to uk ... its booked for last week of july ...
when we found out i need clearance he came for one day..coz he already had taken two weeks leave for honeymoon. and i had my final semester exam coming up..so we thought to keep our wedding simple...it took place at my home...
i have mentioned the reason why he came for one day in my application...
do u think it might be a problem in my case??
may you all get your visas as soon as possible ameen
Hi,
You say you're a Canadian citizen, did you not submit your application in Canada? I think getting entry clearance from Canada will be a lot easier than getting clearance from Pakistan. If you have explained everything than it shouldn't be a problem. Did you include photographs of the simple ceremony you had at home?

mkak

Post by mkak » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:55 pm

hii..no i submitted it in Islamabad coz im currently living in Pakistan...
thats y im worried that my application will take as long as others applications from pakistan are taking :( ?
i included pictures of our engagement and wedding aswell...
i read other posts in this thread...i feel very sorry for ppl waiting for their decision for so long....:(
may Allah help all of us Ameen...

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:05 pm

corrado wrote:With regards to an index it really depends how simple or complicated you want to make it but some kind of list or index is required. The supporting documents checklist specifically asks for "Two sets of detailed itemised list of supporting documents"

You could choose to list each specific document submitted or break it down further to include sub headings as well, as Q4sim has suggested.

In answer to your question therefore, I believe at the very least you need to include a page or two listing documents submitted.

In answer to your query regarding returning to the UK the day after the marriage I guess it depends how strong your evidence for contact is since your return. Then again, how long should one stay with their partner after getting married?

Can anyone answer this? What's the shortest period of time someone has stayed with their partner before returning to the UK and had their application accepted first time? Would appreciate some input from the people who have had decisions recently.

Anybody know of anyone who has submitted this week or is submitting next week at ISB?
"Two sets of detailed itemised list of supporting documents".
Does anyone know what that actually means?
Does it mean 2 sets of photocopies? One set of photocopies? Or just 2 copies of the index page?

Inshallah my wife will be submitting docs this week :)

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:37 pm

5.10 What is your total monthly income from all sources of
employment or occupation after tax?

Guidance notes state enter in pounds sterling. If the amount is zero, is it ok to just write 0 as £0 looks a bit odd.

5.11 Do you receive income from any other sources, including
friends or family?

My wife has received money from family, but not on a very regular basis. Should she write down yes and explain every few months or so? As their are receipts to prove this?

corrado

Post by corrado » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:13 pm

Q4sim wrote:
corrado wrote:With regards to an index it really depends how simple or complicated you want to make it but some kind of list or index is required. The supporting documents checklist specifically asks for "Two sets of detailed itemised list of supporting documents"

"Two sets of detailed itemised list of supporting documents".
Does anyone know what that actually means?
Does it mean 2 sets of photocopies? One set of photocopies? Or just 2 copies of the index page?

Inshallah my wife will be submitting docs this week :)
Q4sim I took this to mean:

1. the entire original application such as form VAF4 and supporting documents

2. a photocopy set of the entire application

3. two copies of your index/contents list (referred to as detailed itemised list of supporting documents)

This is so one index goes with the original application and the second set stays with the photocopied set at the BHC Islamabad.

Hope that helps.

rehmanji

Re: Missed call from UK Border Agency

Post by rehmanji » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:16 pm

Hi ,Bj Touch

hope all is well, i saw u your post this is same thing happen with my wife i apply in 27th April 2010 from lahore and still no reply form them after that,do u heard any thing after that or still waiting like me ............?

if u heard any thing new plz shear with me inshallha we will get reply from them soo.

reh

NAZIA786
Newly Registered

Post by NAZIA786 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:24 pm

billo wrote:
NAZIA786 wrote:slaaam bro n sisters, regards to ur question...recently my husbands visa was refused, because had a simple nikaah on 29/12/09, and returnd to uk the following day...due to work commitments....

hey billo, inshallah im preparing ...to appeal...inshallah..just hoping it goes through a review and visa is granted....im dreaming arent i!!! lol...just going to give it a shot at it...

billo

Post by billo » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:18 pm

Q4sim wrote:5.10 What is your total monthly income from all sources of
employment or occupation after tax?

Guidance notes state enter in pounds sterling. If the amount is zero, is it ok to just write 0 as £0 looks a bit odd.

5.11 Do you receive income from any other sources, including
friends or family?

My wife has received money from family, but not on a very regular basis. Should she write down yes and explain every few months or so? As their are receipts to prove this?
just be honest, if she doesn't work or have regular income from other sources than write £0.00. I 'm sure that further along in the VAF4 form you can say that she is supported by family (parents) and you if this is applicable.

and in any case, it is your finances that are going to important here, because once she's granted the spouse visa you will be supporting her. So if at present she has no income and is supported by her parents and yourself than this is fine.

billo

Post by billo » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:22 pm

NAZIA786 wrote:
billo wrote:

hey billo, inshallah im preparing ...to appeal...inshallah..just hoping it goes through a review and visa is granted....im dreaming arent i!!! lol...just going to give it a shot at it...
Good luck Nazia786, what harm is there in trying, and Inshallah might get overturned. So you're not going to submit fresh application as well?

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:01 pm

Thanks Corrado, yes i'm taking it to mean the same thing. Will print out 2 sets and attach 2 indexes :)

Billo - Yes I see your point with regards to finances. Their is a section later where you can say supported by spouse etc, however I thought I had to write the amount in this section.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:02 pm

Section 4.12 - Spouse/Partners nationality
I'm british born and have a british passport. I do not have a pakistani passport but have a pakistan ID card. Does this also make a pakistani national?

billo

Post by billo » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:06 pm

Q4sim wrote:Section 4.12 - Spouse/Partners nationality
I'm british born and have a british passport. I do not have a pakistani passport but have a pakistan ID card. Does this also make a pakistani national?
For this put "British". You are a British national.

MA786

Post by MA786 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:31 pm

yaz107 wrote:Yousafa and MA786:

Personally, I dont think that is the reason because they have definitely not contacted my employers or anyone else in relation to my application. Also in this forum many people who have got decisions say the decisions were made in early June or late May but they are being informed just now.

I know they must have a lot of applications but again, if they can complete 66% of applications in 6 weeks I'm sure they can do so with the rest too - well, at least not take another six weeks.

Whether its UKBA or BHC they need to sort it out.

I'm normally very patient but its very frustrating, cannot book holidays or plan anything in case....

rant over
@above. The delay isn't with UKBA. If they haven't called your employer, it doesn't mean that they are not dealing with the appl.. For example, in my husbands case (submitted on 31.03.2010) they called my employers on 18th May, called my husband on 25th May and made a decision on 26th May.

He is still awaiting his paperwork back- its at BHC Isl.