ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New non-EU limits

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arnonel
Newly Registered

New non-EU limits

Post by arnonel » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:29 am

Hi there

I am on a Tier 2 company sponsored.
I have been in the UK for 2 years already.
My Visa will run out when I would have been in the UK for 4 years 8 months.

My questions are:
Is there a way to renew my current visa? I am still at the same company, and will probably stay here for a long time, but thought about renewing before immigration rules prevent me from doing it at the end of my visa (4 years 8 months).

Second question. If i dont renew, and I stay here for 4 years, 8 months. I obviously cannot get ILR yet. What advice could you give me to get ILR after 5 years?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:35 pm

An earlier extension of ur Tier2 visa when eligible n that covers u through ILR is an option to think of..

umb

Post by umb » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:19 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:An earlier extension of ur Tier2 visa when eligible n that covers u through ILR is an option to think of..

but I think you can apply for extension only when there is 28 days left on your visa expiration, not earlier. Is this true or my understanding is not right?

rk_2011

Re: New non-EU limits

Post by rk_2011 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:04 pm

If your company is willing to employ you after the end of your 4 yr 8 month, there is no reason for the home office to grant you an extension on your Tier-2 that will take you to 5 years for ILR.

I am pretty sure you can apply 3 months prior to your Tier-2 expiry. You can't apply more than 3 months in advance. The 28 days you stated is not correct. If you wanted to apply earlier, this would have to be in the way of switching employer or job role.

Senior members can correct me if I am wrong.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:50 am

you can apply whenever u want.
Only thing to remmeber is u apply within 3 months of the issue of the COS. If your company is willing to give u a new cos today, for a time that will lead u till after 5 years u have been here, u can apply now as well.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:54 am

arnonel wrote:I have been in the UK for 2 years already.
according to your post in Oct 2011 you have been in the UK for 3 years already then!
http://www.immigrationboards.com/search ... mit=Search