ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: Document Verification for Tier 1 Dependent Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1_aspirant_del

URGENT: Document Verification for Tier 1 Dependent Visa

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:23 pm

Hi,

I got my Tier 1 in March 2010 and came to uk in May to join a company here.

My wife applied for her Tier 1 dependent visa on 26th May from VFS Delhi and we are still waiting for her visa. When I contacted British High Commission delhi today then they said that they are doing verification for the documents and ask me to call back after 10 working days. As i know they do verifications only if the case worker has some doubt over the document genuiness but we submitted all the original documents.

I am not sure how BHC do the verification. They did not tell which document they are verifying. We are in much tension as it is getting delayed and we are facing lot of trauma because of it.

These are the list of documents that we submitted with her application -

i) vaf10 form

ii) My Wife photo

iii) My Wife Passport

iv) Marriage certificate - How do they verfiy it as my council is in Rajasthan city?

v) Wedding photographs

vi) My passport and visa photocopies

vii) Maintainence fund bank statement for PNB bank for last 3 months on dot matrix paper with bank logo as well as separately on bank letter head - I had a big tussle with PNB bank manager of my branch in Rajasthan city to get the statement printed on bank letter head. Even after that he did not print it properly and in the last column all the amounts are shown as "350000." (it should be "350000.08"). So the last two digits after decimal are not present in the print on bank letter head (the dot is present though) but these are present correctly in dot matrix statement. So do they verify it from local branch or Head branch in Delhi?

viii) Job offer letter and employment verification letter from my uk employer - I have already informed my employer today to verify all calls from BHC or any other person for me.

ix) Accomodation proof Rent agreement of my flat in UK and NOC for my wife - I called the real estate agency today to inform them that they may get any verification call for my lease agreement.

x) Sponsor letter

[iD]

Re: URGENT: Document Verification for Tier 1 Dependent Visa

Post by [iD] » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:15 pm

tier1_aspirant_del wrote:Hi,

I got my Tier 1 in March 2010 and came to uk in May to join a company here.

My wife applied for her Tier 1 dependent visa on 26th May from VFS Delhi and we are still waiting for her visa. When I contacted British High Commission delhi today then they said that they are doing verification for the documents and ask me to call back after 10 working days. As i know they do verifications only if the case worker has some doubt over the document genuiness but we submitted all the original documents.

I am not sure how BHC do the verification. They did not tell which document they are verifying. We are in much tension as it is getting delayed and we are facing lot of trauma because of it.

These are the list of documents that we submitted with her application -

i) vaf10 form

ii) My Wife photo

iii) My Wife Passport

iv) Marriage certificate - How do they verfiy it as my council is in Rajasthan city?
Probably by calling your council and/or try to look at other related evidence to cross check?

v) Wedding photographs

vi) My passport and visa photocopies

vii) Maintainence fund bank statement for PNB bank for last 3 months on dot matrix paper with bank logo as well as separately on bank letter head - I had a big tussle with PNB bank manager of my branch in Rajasthan city to get the statement printed on bank letter head. Even after that he did not print it properly and in the last column all the amounts are shown as "350000." (it should be "350000.08"). So the last two digits after decimal are not present in the print on bank letter head (the dot is present though) but these are present correctly in dot matrix statement. So do they verify it from local branch or Head branch in Delhi?
Not sure but in any case you'll be ok as it .08 shouldn't really matter

viii) Job offer letter and employment verification letter from my uk employer - I have already informed my employer today to verify all calls from BHC or any other person for me.
This document is unnecessary and they might not try to verify it anyway.

ix) Accomodation proof Rent agreement of my flat in UK and NOC for my wife - I called the real estate agency today to inform them that they may get any verification call for my lease agreement.

x) Sponsor letter
Goodluck.

puneetdwd

Post by puneetdwd » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:26 pm

How imprtant is Tenancy agreement?
P

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:51 pm

Thanks a lot [id]. I really appreciate your help.

The good news is that my wife has got the visa today. The verification seems to be okay and did not take that much time. I am really thankful to all the senior members of this forum for their kind help.

@puneet..sorry buddy I could not reply to your private message on my mail. I will send all the details required for your wife visa. Feel free to ask for any kind of help as I can understand that it is really important to get the things right.

Tenancy agreement is not mentioned in the list of required documents but is important in the sense to prove that you have a place for your wife. So tenancy agreement along with any utility bill on your name is the safest option. So if one is applying for her wife visa while the main applicant is in UK then i would say that it is safer to submit it.