ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

address error in the Income Tax return acknowledgment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vet

address error in the Income Tax return acknowledgment

Post by vet » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:15 pm

Hello All,
I am submitting my latest ITR document as an additional proof for the tax paid. The issue is, there are some errors in my address in the ITR document (spelling mistake in apartment, street name). I am just confused whether to submit it or get a duplicate copy from the Income tax department with the address corrected. any thoughts/valuable suggestions?

vet

Any suggestion?

Post by vet » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:19 pm

Hi All, any suggestion? Just wanted to know whether do they check such things in detail. I know , its all depends on the assessing officer.. but still, seeking senior members opinion :)

gd_Shepherd

Re: Any suggestion?

Post by gd_Shepherd » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:58 pm

vet wrote:Hi All, any suggestion? Just wanted to know whether do they check such things in detail. I know , its all depends on the assessing officer.. but still, seeking senior members opinion :)
Address should not matter. Anyhow the IT Returns would be an additional proof if you are submitting Salary Slips (signed and stamped) and Bank statements for 12 months

Shepherd

vet

Post by vet » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:32 pm

thanks Shepherd!!

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: address error in the Income Tax return acknowledgment

Post by prisat » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:58 am

vet wrote:Hello All,
I am submitting my latest ITR document as an additional proof for the tax paid. The issue is, there are some errors in my address in the ITR document (spelling mistake in apartment, street name). I am just confused whether to submit it or get a duplicate copy from the Income tax department with the address corrected. any thoughts/valuable suggestions?
If you already knew that you are planning to submit ur returns receipt, Wouldn't you take some extra care while you fill up the acknowledgement form.

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: Any suggestion?

Post by aspirant99 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:13 am

vet wrote:Hi All, any suggestion? Just wanted to know whether do they check such things in detail. I know , its all depends on the assessing officer.. but still, seeking senior members opinion :)
should not be a problem because ITR is anyways going to serve as a proof for earnings and not your address proofs...should be fine..good luck!!

vet

Post by vet » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:28 pm

indianinwold, the details were not filled by me. it was filled by the Income tax consultant in my office. I told them a 100 time to fill all the details properly. even after that, they made this error. :(