ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:54 pm

RECEIVED APPLICATIONS (2010 Applicants):
london101 applied 8/01/10 received 15/04/10 WAITED FOR 13.6 weeks [7 year student + 3 years Work permit/Tier 1]
Sa applied 04/02/10 received 06/05/10 WAITED FOR 13 weeks [10 year Work permit + HSMP]
Osteophytes applied 27/04/10 recieved 08/06/10 WAITED FOR 6 weeks [7yr PFT + 2 yr WP + 1yr Tier 1
pv applied 20/01/10 received 28/06/10 WAITED FOR 23 weeks

STILL PENDING: under 10 years lawful SET(O)category

December 2009

Cloudstar applied 18/12/2009 and is still waiting now: 27.4 weeks [10 year student]

January 2010

Beige applied 11/01/2010 and is still waiting: now 24 weeks [10 Year Student]
chiko14june applied 20/01/2010 and is still waiting: now 22.7 weeks
coolboyuk applied 22/01/10 and is still waiting: now 22.4 weeks[10 Year Student]

Febuary 2010

danny58 applied 02/02/10 and is still waiting: now 20.9 weeks [10 year student]
yeezhexiang applied 08/02/10 and is still waiting: now 20 weeks
graham834 applied 09/02/10 and is still waiting: now 19.9 weeks
ILR-2010 applied 09/02/10 and is still waiting: now 19.9 weeks[10 Year Student]
ppman applied 12/02/2010 and is still waiting: now 19.6 weeks
DA375 applied 18/02/10 and is still waiting: now 18.5 weeks
aman5 applied 25/02/10 and is still waiting: now 17.5 weeks

March 2010

Geostar2010 applied 09/03/10 and is still waiting: now 15.9 weeks [10 year STUDENT]
Powermatic applied 09/03/10 and is still waiting: now 15.9 weeks [10 year STUDENT/STUDENT dependent]
Optimist_eternal applied 10/03/10 and is still waiting: now 15.8 weeks
mala applied 29/03/2010 and is still waiting: now 13 weeks

April 2010

zeddie applied 05/04/10 and is still waiting: now 12 weeks [7 year STUDENT/ 3 year WP/Tier 1]
Devonian applied 22/04/10 and is still waiting: now 9.5 weeks

May 2010

Superstar applied 10/05/10 and is still waiting: now 7 weeks [10 year STUDENT]
sam_lam15 applied 11/05/10 and is still waiting now: 6.9 weeks
durian applied 29/05/10 and is still waiting now: 4.3 weeks [4 years student + 6 years various]

June 2010

Hrushiuk applied 01/06/2010 and is still waiting now: 3.9 weeks [6 year student/4 year WP]
Sticagus applied 07/06/2010 and is still waiting now: 3 weeks [9 year student + 1 year Tier 1 dependant]
Bilalsco applied 15/06/2010 and is still waiting now: 1.9 weeks [8 year student/2 year PSW]

pv
Newly Registered

Post by pv » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:37 pm

hi cloudstar, i had phoned the home office twice once when i had done 14 weeks and the next when i reached 20 weeks and both occasions i had the same response that my application has not been completed.

powermatic

Post by powermatic » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:50 pm

congratulations to PV!!! :D

it is great to see some movement... lets hope that applications will speed up now. well, if they are dealing with January, then I may have to wait another 2 months :( - hope it will be all worth it in the end :wink:

Beige I'll keep fingers crossed for you - yours might be on its way now too!

ILR-2010

Post by ILR-2010 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:15 am

Congratulations pv, is your application straight forward one (i.e. no visa gap/breaks etc)?tks

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:21 am

Congratulations pv!!

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:23 am

- duplicate post -

Beige
- thin ice -

Re:

Post by Beige » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:39 am

yeezhexiang wrote: Beige, are you planning to approach your MP to help out on this matter?
All the best
At this moment, I am not considering that. I will wait until after the 6 months waiting period has elapsed (July 11) before I contemplate taking any action. Also in view of the fact that pv has just received their ILR, its a good indication that the UKBA are now working on january applications so its best to just wait.

durian

Post by durian » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:45 pm

Congrats pv! Enjoy the summer :)

yeezhexiang
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by yeezhexiang » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:38 pm

Dear all

When Home Office states that 95 percent of the decision is made within 6 months, is it correct that 1 month = 4 weeks?

If that's the case, Beige, your 6 months is up at the end of June, and you could consider asking your MP to step in.

I have already asked mine. his immigration advisor could not believe the situation I am in at the moment and she found it ridiculous. Please remember that the MPs are off during the entire August.

Beige
- thin ice -

Re:

Post by Beige » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:59 pm

yeezhexiang wrote:Dear all

When Home Office states that 95 percent of the decision is made within 6 months, is it correct that 1 month = 4 weeks?

If that's the case, Beige, your 6 months is up at the end of June, and you could consider asking your MP to step in.

I have already asked mine. his immigration advisor could not believe the situation I am in at the moment and she found it ridiculous. Please remember that the MPs are off during the entire August.

They count it as month to month, so in my case for example, 6 months is 11th July

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Re:

Post by kiwigirl25 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:19 pm

yeezhexiang wrote:Dear all

Out of interest, what action did your MP's immigration advisor say she would take?

yeezhexiang
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by yeezhexiang » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:18 pm

I attended one of my MP surgeries and spoke to his immigration advisor/senior caseworker. She was appalled by the fact that I was being held up for so long (I started applying for my ILR since 2005). This is my 3rd and last attempt.

My MP has written a letter to ask Home Office to make a decision as soon as possible because I am answerable to my employer - a London based Fortune 500 firm. Home Office is basically stopping me from getting projects from international clients because I cannot go abroad.

With the economy in a dire state, Home Office is accountable for the consequence for stopping individuals bringing business opportunities back to UK. I believe we are all doing our best as genuine applicants who would like to play our part in rebuilding UK economy.

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:26 pm

Just sent you a PM but don't you think getting your MP involved may work against you if you've been refused (i assume so because its your 3rd attempt) twice already? Especially as their 6 month time period has not elapsed.

powermatic

Re:

Post by powermatic » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:53 pm

Beige wrote:
They count it as month to month, so in my case for example, 6 months is 11th July
yes Beige is right it is 30 days, that is considered as a month and I would not get anyone involved until 6 months are gone as the expected waiting time is 6 months. In addition, the aknowledgement letter asks not to contact them until we hear from the Home Office, therefore, I would not take the risk.
My husband's application was posted 16 weeks ago and we have not contacted them yet - for some reason my mind always refers to that aknowledgement letter that is asking not to disturb them, I am somewhat scared that they may get annoyed by my phonecall.

powermatic

Post by powermatic » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:01 pm

with regards to MPs I am never sure if contacting them is a good idea at all - yes, they are representing the interests of public but they still work for the government. yes, they may express opinion that you should not be kept from travelling abroad on business - but don't you remember recent claims that british jobs are for british people!? so, I personally doubt it very much that they may influence the decision of a caseworker.

durian

Post by durian » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:18 pm

I've received a letter from UKBA dated the 25th June saying that a decision has been taken. :shock: :shock: I know that a previous member (osteophytes) had an almost similar timescale but even then I really didn't expect a decision to take only about 1 month! Hope it's a positive outcome.

One of the documents I enclosed at the time of application was a letter of support from my MP. Whether this did or did not affect the speed of decision I don't know. The reason I had asked for this letter of support was to strenghten the case for ILR being given, having had my first application refused several years ago.

Just sharing my experience here and I have no interest nor intention to mess around with anyone.

sam_lam15

Post by sam_lam15 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:41 pm

durian wrote:I've received a letter from UKBA dated the 25th June saying that a decision has been taken. :shock: :shock: I know that a previous member (osteophytes) had an almost similar timescale but even then I really didn't expect a decision to take only about 1 month! Hope it's a positive outcome.

One of the documents I enclosed at the time of application was a letter of support from my MP. Whether this did or did not affect the speed of decision I don't know. The reason I had asked for this letter of support was to strenghten the case for ILR being given, having had my first application refused several years ago.

Just sharing my experience here and I have no interest nor intention to mess around with anyone.
hello Durian,
I am sure that you are getting your ILR very soon, the reason for the faster processing is because all applications submitted from mid April have been forwarded to the new process centre in Liverpool, those sent before April are stuck in Croydon or Sheffield. and if your application is straightforward, Liverpool office will issue your ILR between 3-8 weeks.
good luck Durian, and I have also PM you, please check.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:57 am

sam_lam15 wrote:
hello Durian,
I am sure that you are getting your ILR very soon, the reason for the faster processing is because all applications submitted from mid April have been forwarded to the new process centre in Liverpool, those sent before April are stuck in Croydon or Sheffield. and if your application is straightforward, Liverpool office will issue your ILR between 3-8 weeks.
I may be mistaken but I thought the new processing team in Liverpool was set up to deal soley with asylum cases, which were once dealt with by the same unit who processed 10 year applications which may or may not result in faster processing times for these applications. I also thought Croydon did not deal with long term applications... actually I am certain they don't, not after the premium service was removed for long term applications. Liverpool and Sheffield are have always been the postal processing centres.

Actually I am now certain the new team was set-up for asylum cases as I've found the information. It was included in an ombusman's report released in Feb 2010. I downloaded to my hard-drive so you will need to search the internet if you want a copy.

How are you privy to this information? Do you work in the immigration field as an advisor? Is this information available on the web?

You never answered my question on your appeal against your rejection. Did you get on okay? I assume you did since you're applying again but would like to know your journey from receiving a reject to submitting a new application.
Last edited by kiwigirl25 on Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:08 am

durian wrote:I've received a letter from UKBA dated the 25th June saying that a decision has been taken. :shock: :shock: I know that a previous member (osteophytes) had an almost similar timescale but even then I really didn't expect a decision to take only about 1 month! Hope it's a positive outcome.

I believe you because I don't think anyone could be so stupid to try the "quick response" nonsense time and time again thinking the geniune posters are so pathetic they will constanty fall for it. Especially since the alleged last attempt was only a week ago.

Your fast response will be because you applied on a HSMP basis. Similar applicants in the past have received quick responses.

So I hope it is good news. Surprised your MP decided to get involved at the application stage. You must be one of the lucky few in this country to have such a supportive MP, especially when one of the Government's main objectives is to reduce immigrant numbers.

Good luck and I hope you will have something to celebrate in the near future.

sam_lam15

Post by sam_lam15 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:57 am

hello Kiwigirl25,
I have PM you, please check

durian

Post by durian » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Passport with ILR arrived via 2nd class recorded delivery today. The accompanying letter was also dated 25th June, ie they must've processed the ILR same day. I received the letter to say a decision was made yesterday, and the passport today so maybe they were posted on different days?

It feels really anti-climactic as I didn't expect to receive it so soon. Indefinite leave given. It feels inappropriate to celebrate knowing how long some people have waited.

Good luck to everyone :)

durian

Post by durian » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:23 pm

sam_lam15 wrote:

hello Durian,
Both my acknowledgement letter (received yesterday) and accompanying ILR letter (received today) originated from Liverpool. Specifically UKBA Managed Migration, Immigration and Nationality Directorate.

My first ILR application in 2007 (3 years ago, not two as I previously stated, sorry) was rejected due to gaps in residence and excessive absence over the corresponding 10 year period which made me think my application wasn't a straightforward one, ie having had a strike against me.

All the best sam_lam15.

durian

Post by durian » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:38 pm

kiwigirl25 wrote:

I believe you because I don't think anyone could be so stupid to try the "quick response" nonsense time and time again thinking the geniune posters are so pathetic they will constanty fall for it. Especially since the alleged last attempt was only a week ago.

Your fast response will be because you applied on a HSMP basis. Similar applicants in the past have received quick responses.

So I hope it is good news. Surprised your MP decided to get involved at the application stage. You must be one of the lucky few in this country to have such a supportive MP, especially when one of the Government's main objectives is to reduce immigrant numbers.

Good luck and I hope you will have something to celebrate in the near future.
Thank you kiwigirl25. I just didn't expect to hear the good news so soon.

I think I am very lucky living in my constituency (in Scotland). I had actually gotten in touch with his office to make a complaint about potholes in my area which appeared like mushroom after the last winter we had (I drive and also cycle - the potholes are real hazards, not just nuisances). Managed to see him at his surgery and amongst others he asked about my background.

I work in an industry which is highly relevant to our gerographical area both economically and socially. Have written articles in the local newspaper on the subject. The MP was genuinely intrigued by this and when he queried I said that I have been on the electorally registered and active from the time I first arrived more than a decade ago (I'm a Commonwealth citizen too, from Malaysia hence my nickname :) ) am a homeowner. He offered to give a letter of support should I wish which I naturally accepted. (First had to give my CV to his PA). He was a 2 term Labour candidate at the time (and has worn the third term recently- quite well liked by the electorate here), and politically with both the SNP and Lib Dems in the picture I can only imagine that he's sensitive to getting the immigration balance right.

I'm very lucky I know, and thank my lucky stars. From time of receipt of application to decision being made, it took 19 days. And this for a long residence ILR! I sincerely wish everyone else all the best.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:16 pm

durian wrote:
Thank you kiwigirl25. I just didn't expect to hear the good news so soon.

I think I am very lucky living in my constituency (in Scotland). I had actually gotten in touch with his office to make a complaint about potholes in my area which appeared like mushroom after the last winter we had (I drive and also cycle - the potholes are real hazards, not just nuisances). Managed to see him at his surgery and amongst others he asked about my background.

I work in an industry which is highly relevant to our gerographical area both economically and socially. Have written articles in the local newspaper on the subject. The MP was genuinely intrigued by this and when he queried I said that I have been on the electorally registered and active from the time I first arrived more than a decade ago (I'm a Commonwealth citizen too, from Malaysia hence my nickname :) ) am a homeowner. He offered to give a letter of support should I wish which I naturally accepted. (First had to give my CV to his PA). He was a 2 term Labour candidate at the time (and has worn the third term recently- quite well liked by the electorate here), and politically with both the SNP and Lib Dems in the picture I can only imagine that he's sensitive to getting the immigration balance right.

I'm very lucky I know, and thank my lucky stars. From time of receipt of application to decision being made, it took 19 days. And this for a long residence ILR! I sincerely wish everyone else all the best.
Fabulous and amazing news durian :D

You live in Scotland? Now that does make sense as to why your MP was so accommodating. I lived in Scotland for 11 years and my MP very much had a presence so I wouldn't hesitate asking for his support. Actually for a while my MP was Donald Dewar and I lived next door to him so no wonder he had a presence in my life :) Couldn't even tell you the name of my MP in London, all I know is I didn't vote for him :lol:

You tick all the right boxes; commonwealth citizen, homeowner, work in a sector important to the local economy, live in an area not over-crowded with immigrants... no wonder you received a quick response.

I am honestly really chuffed for you. Nice to see a genuine poster get a well deserved speedy postive response.

All the very best for your future. I hope it continues to be a fortunate one :D

durian

Post by durian » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:43 am

kiwigirl25 wrote: Fabulous and amazing news durian :D

You live in Scotland? Now that does make sense as to why your MP was so accommodating. I lived in Scotland for 11 years and my MP very much had a presence so I wouldn't hesitate asking for his support. Actually for a while my MP was Donald Dewar and I lived next door to him so no wonder he had a presence in my life :) Couldn't even tell you the name of my MP in London, all I know is I didn't vote for him :lol:

You tick all the right boxes; commonwealth citizen, homeowner, work in a sector important to the local economy, live in an area not over-crowded with immigrants... no wonder you received a quick response.

I am honestly really chuffed for you. Nice to see a genuine poster get a well deserved speedy postive response.

All the very best for your future. I hope it continues to be a fortunate one :D
Thank you for those thoughtful words kiwigirl25 :) How very kind of you.

How cool was it to have lived next to Donald Dewar eh! :o :D Labour's strong where I live, although the Scottish Parliament MP is from SNP. My Labour Westminster MP is really quite involved with his constituents, but I know he wasn't going to rubberstamp his support for everyone. I'd committed to Scotland early; before being on HSMP, I was on the Scottish Fresh Talent visa. I did an intercalated year at QMW, Uni of London which entailed attending classes at the Whitechapel campus. East London is a world away from the typical Scottish town and I could easily understand how different MP's stance on immigration is affected by the make-up of their consituencies.

I wouldn't want to hijack this thread so if there's anything anyone would like to ask, please just send me a PM.

Good luck all!