ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 years for ILR rule implemented

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manty
Newly Registered

Post by manty » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:09 pm

Shall we decide on the Protest day in parallel,How to reach more affected outside this forum any ideas... we have to plan ASAP ... we have to pullin more and more people( Point no:5 as spec'd from tutu)

chineseinuk06@yahoo.co.uk
Newly Registered

Let us take action

Post by chineseinuk06@yahoo.co.uk » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:33 pm

Hello, everybody.
Re: We need your support to challenge the P.R. new rule legally
We are setting up the Chinese U.K. Workers Steering Committee to make a legal challenge to the U.K. Government’s change of policy announced on 13 March 2006 for obtaining permanent residence (P.R.) for people on work permits and highly skilled migrants.

We have instructed Solicitors to bring a judicial review against the Government to try to overturn this decision.

The Solicitors we have chosen are O’Hara Solicitors of 69-71 London Road, Waterlooville, Portsmouth, Hampshire. The matter will be handled by Mr J. Whitby-smith, a partner of the firm and who has brought many successful visa and immigration appeals and cases against the Government. We have chosen a Solicitor from the Portsmouth area because this will be cheaper than paying for one in London or a large town where rents and overheads are higher.

We have received lots of support from the Chinese community. We believe many people from other nationalities will be affected by this sudden change in the same way. We need your support to bring this legal action against the British government.

We need funds to pay for legal costs. Please make a donation of £100 (or as much as you can afford) by Cheque;Payable to: O’Hara Solicitors
Please write on the back of the cheque:Donation for challenging PR legal action from your full name/Chineseinukcommittee
and your full contact address so Solicitors can send you a receipt. And post the cheque to:O’Hara Solicitors,69-71 London Road, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO7 7EX.

After donating the money, please email your full name, address and telephone number to: chineseinuk06@yahoo.co.uk so that we can contact you to collect useful evidence.

This money will be administered by O’Hara Solicitors and will only be spent on legal costs and fees in connexion with this legal action.

Help us to challenge this unfair policy.
Make your contribution now.

Chinese U.K. Workers Steering Committee
Email: chineseinuk06@yahoo.co.uk[/size][/b]
quote="tutu1005"]
timefactor wrote:Ok. shall we act together? we have got 2 firms listed by 2 members
shoegazer->Gherson
TVT->www.plsimon.co.uk (not sure he referred this solicitior in this thread or not)

Great. Let stick on ideas we had so far:

1, group people who would like to protest by anyway.
Action has been taken by tutu1005. I am setting up excel sheet and now Thread for those who would like to contribute their time, money for the actions. No negative responses are welcomed.

2, Using solicitor. TVT and Shoegazer have proposed 2, could anyone take lead on this? We should start to contact them and find out the fee details etc.

3, Write to Media. Thanks for those who have done so. Please could anyone feedback on this? I still have not found any news from big ones. We need to raise our voice ASAP. I believe there is time limitation for us to be able to change or modify the rules, as concerned by other member in this board.

4, Write to MP. Thanks for those who have done so. I will do so as well but just do not know if I have right on this. I am not from commonwealth country.

5, Protest in front of the HO and Parliament. Someone has suggested we should start from HO and finish at Parliament. I strongly agree with it and I believe if we notice media before we do so, we will get attention.

Could anyone take lead on each of these? We do need to do something. I believe we could achieve something. As immigrants in this country, we have been keeping silence for too long. How many positive reports on immigrants have you ever read? We need to raise our voice and it is the time.

Special thanks for those who are not immigrants but support us.

I will post this on this thread and also the new thread.[/quote]
Last edited by chineseinuk06@yahoo.co.uk on Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:20 pm

Is HO still hiding this news from public and press.

I can see this press release only in a dead slow IND website and not in

http://press.homeoffice.gov.uk/
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/about-us/news/

Correct me if i'm wrong or missing something?

sonal

ILR-5 years Rule

Post by sonal » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:31 pm

This news is absolutely rediculous. This is the another way to make money. The home office website hasn't been working for a long time, they don't care to fix the website as they busy to make money.

Atleast they should have given some sort of cut-off time.

talktome

hi there

Post by talktome » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:35 pm

John wrote:Or apply by post if you can't get an appointment. If sending by post do use Special Delivery ... well worth the circa £4 cost ..... proof of when it is delivered the next day.

Demand for appointment slots could be very high!
I took your advice and called HO and have booked an appointment with them for end of this month.Ill update everyone on how it goes

Thanks

sonal

ILR-5 yrs

Post by sonal » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:36 pm

The UK home office is really a joke. They can't fix the assylum seekers problem so trying to be good in British people's eyes by implementing this crazy rule!!! They are bunch of jokers, dont know what they doing but will realise soon once UK economy will going down due to lack of skillfull people.

sams

Post by sams » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:05 am

here are few links to contact newspaper/media.......if it's of any help....

News and features - 020 7938 6000 or news@dailymail.co.uk.
Newsdesk news@timesonline.co.uk
Home News home.news@thetimes.co.uk
News Desk - newseditor@ independent.co.uk
Email us at news@channel4.com with details. Or call the newsdesk on 0207 430 4601.
talkback@the-sun.co.uk
news@standard.co.uk
features@standard.co.uk
News - 020 7938 7161
Features - 020 7938 7586
METRO
Editorial (news) - 020 7651 5239
Editorial (features) - 020 7651 5242
Postal Address:
Metro
1 Surrey Quays Road,
Rotherhithe,
London SE16 7ND

For all your inquiries call Metro and ask for the relevant department.
Metro main number 020 7651 5200

Listings
If you have any listings please send them to
Yorkshire edition: yorkshire.listings@ukmetro.co.uk
Birmingham edition: listings@metromidlands.co.uk
North West edition: listings@metronorthwest.co.uk
North East edition: listings@metronortheast.co.uk
London edition: arts@pa.press.net

News Editor: Sarah Getty
news@ukmetro.co.uk
Fax: 020 7651 5342

Please email our editorial team using the address: webnews@manchesteronline.co.uk. Alternatively, you can email the MEN editorial team using the address newsdesk@men-news.co.uk.
News Desk
Contact the Mercury newsdesk if you have a news story or press release you'd like us to feature.
Tel: 0116 222 4241
Email: newsdesk@leicestermercury.co.uk
http://www.harrowtimes.co.uk/news/sendusastory/
http://www.google.com/support/news/bin/ ... t=Continue

Kavik

Re: hi there

Post by Kavik » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:09 am

Good Luck. I think there shouldn't be any problem for you.
--------
I took your advice and called HO and have booked an appointment with them for end of this month.Ill update everyone on how it goes

Thanks[/quote]

ForeignMan
Newly Registered

Post by ForeignMan » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:36 pm

bank accound details should not be published on this forum I think. moderators should remove it.

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:01 pm

:|
Last edited by Kavik on Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:21 pm

Initially me too felt, the way he presented makes all of us to feel the same. But i've communicated with him and got solicitor detals including telephone number. Googled with that and found out the same solicitor having the telephone number.

I'll give a call to them and let you all know what is going on at their end

Kavik wrote:I really felt it as a FRAUD.
I got a PM also with same message.
ForeignMan wrote:bank accound details should not be published on this forum I think. moderators should remove it.

Newly Registered

Re: Let us take action

Post by chineseinuk06@yahoo.co.uk » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:26 pm

[Moderator edit (John) : Merely quoting an earlier post of yours is not an acceptable post.]

basis

Post by basis » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:36 pm

Oh my god......what a user name.....chineseinuk06@yahoo.co.uk

Now that certainly breaks all the records....

Newly Registered

Post by chineseinuk06@yahoo.co.uk » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:13 pm

Please do not suggest it is a fraud. Anyone can check O'Hara Solicitors easily. They are in the major legal directories in every law library and many public libraries, they are registered with the Law Society of England, they are in the Yellow Pages and telephone directories. Their address and telephone number can be found there.
Mr J. Whitby-Smith will be in office on Monday afternoon 20/3/06. Anyone who has doubt can ring him and check.
ForeignMan wrote:bank accound details should not be published on this forum I think. moderators should remove it.

Newly Registered

Post by chineseinuk06@yahoo.co.uk » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:52 pm

To those who has doubt over the matter of donation to O'Hara Solicitors re PR new rule challenge:
It is not a fraud. That is why we used a firm of English Solicitors. We approached that firm. They did not approach us. O'Hara Solicitors are insured for £2m and like all English Solicitors are subject to the regulation of the High Court of Justice and there is a notional compensation scheme for all Solicitors and a professional body and regulations which govern them. No-one is being asked to invest or take a risk, only to make a voluntary donation. The cheques are payable to the Solicitors form, not to any individuals. All Solicitors accounts have to be checked by Chartered Accountants and by the Law Society. As the donation is made by cheque there will be a record of it through the banking system.

We have given all the details for anyone who wants to check out O'Hara Solicitors. We invite anyone who has any doubt to post up his name, address and telephone number and we will arrange for him/her to visit O'Hara Solicitors so he/she can see for himself/herself.

chineseinuk06@yahoo.co.uk wrote:Please do not suggest it is a fraud. Anyone can check O'Hara Solicitors easily. They are in the major legal directories in every law library and many public libraries, they are registered with the Law Society of England, they are in the Yellow Pages and telephone directories. Their address and telephone number can be found there.
Mr J. Whitby-Smith will be in office on Monday afternoon 20/3/06. Anyone who has doubt can ring him and check.

basis

Post by basis » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:58 pm

You are not rogerroger then why are you posting same posts again and again. And I think one should not attempt things which look fishy and raise suspicion in the first place.

That's better than having to shout ' It is not this and it is no that.......'

And anyway one rule of the board is also not to advertise or solicit on behalf of or for any legal / immigration advisors etc.

Please observe restraint.

basis

Re: ILR-5 yrs

Post by basis » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:02 pm

sonal wrote:The UK home office is really a joke. They can't fix the assylum seekers problem so trying to be good in British people's eyes by implementing this crazy rule!!! They are bunch of jokers, dont know what they doing but will realise soon once UK economy will going down due to lack of skillfull people.
Now ...now...we have all agreed not to be overcome by emotions and be impulsive. As a group we have agreed on constructive steps and lets stick to that than subjective and impulsive predictions...

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:27 pm

I for one don't think this is a fraud. And clearly the firm of Solicitors mentioned do exist, as per their website. And the name of the Solicitor can be seen on that website.

However looking at that website they seem to be targeting the conveyancing market, and no doubt they are very good at that sort of work. However there is no mention of them having any level of expertise in the sort of area that you are suggesting they get involved in.

Would you like to explain that choice of Solicitors to your readers?
John

tutu1005

Post by tutu1005 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:01 pm

I agree with John. I do not think it is Fraud and I think they post twice might caused by mistake. (you know , we all do it sometimes). However, I would like to have more detail information as others as well. Many thanks.

tutu1005

[color=red]Important Notice [/color]

Post by tutu1005 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:19 pm

Sorry Moderator, I need post this here as well because it seems that some members who would like to support our protest have not notice that we have another post as well. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=7255

As suggest by timefactor, (good suggestion), I am going to send out the hi email to all of us has PM their email address to me. I am going to send it around 9 -10 pm today, so if you have forgot to PM me please send it ASAP as there are some of us has showed they want to support in this post but I have not got their email yet. if you can not PM me as mentioned by timefactor, there are some technical problem in this web, please email me to tutuwang1005 at yahoodotcom.

Also as I agree to meet up with those who would like to meet up during this weekend. We could all meet in a bar. oh... even only think about it make me fell exciting. It seems like a special thing to do in the life. Hehe…

I suggest if a lot of us agree to have a protest, I think next Weekend will give us enough time to prepare, such as bring friends and asking media etc, and not too late.

Another thing -- have anyone of you called two solicitors listed in the link? I have tried one, they are pretty nice but I do think it would be great if someone here have some knowledge of law could write something to say what is our concern and what we would like them to challenge because I believe even Solicitors have not thought this issue through yet. We need to give them some ideas. What do you think?

Newly Registered

Post by chineseinuk06@yahoo.co.uk » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:39 pm

Thank you. This is my first time to use web chatroom. Not very familiar with the format.
tutu1005 wrote:I agree with John. I do not think it is Fraud and I think they post twice might caused by mistake. (you know , we all do it sometimes). However, I would like to have more detail information as others as well. Many thanks.

Newly Registered

Post by chineseinuk06@yahoo.co.uk » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:53 pm

Yes. O'Hara does lots of convenancing but that is only one department. They also have another litigation department which deals with immigration cases. I know they have successfully dealt with the following student visa appeals.
Mr Xiao Feng Cai v. Entry Clearance Officer (Appeal No.: IM/15835/2004)
Mr Wei Zhang v. Entry Clearance Officer (Appeal No.: IM/15453/2004)
Miss Ying Ying Song v. Entry Clearance Officer (Appeal No.: IM/15414/2004)
Mr Ruo Liao v. Entry Clearance Officer (Appeal No.: IM/15497/2004)
Miss Xiao Jing Chen v. Entry Clearance Officer (Appeal No.: IM/18273/2004)
Mr Hao Zhao v. Entry Clearance Officer (Appeal No.: IM/15895/2004)
Mr. Liang Yun Hu v. Entry Clearance Officer (Appeal No.: IT/50406/2003)
Mr. Chen Ce v. Entry Clearance Officer (Appeal No.: TH/01991/2001)
Mr. Xiaonan Ma v. Entry Clearance Officer (Appeal No.: OA/10166/2005)
John wrote:I for one don't think this is a fraud. And clearly the firm of Solicitors mentioned do exist, as per their website. And the name of the Solicitor can be seen on that website.

However looking at that website they seem to be targeting the conveyancing market, and no doubt they are very good at that sort of work. However there is no mention of them having any level of expertise in the sort of area that you are suggesting they get involved in.

Would you like to explain that choice of Solicitors to your readers?

sywahu

Post by sywahu » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:09 am

its not fraud yes and I don't think anyone is really questioning the firms credibility....but it was extremely odd to ask for donations to be made to an account on a public forum!

basis

Post by basis » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:53 am

I would say it is not a question whether it is really a fraud or not. But that it has been done in a manner to raise those doubts in at least some readers' minds. And as far others they are saying 'they think', 'they don't feel' etc. which is fairly subjective.

The best way is put things in a clear manner. If in doubt contact moderators by pm first and then do it with their support.

Anyway 'one that ends good is all good'. Good luck and lets not divert our focus from main effort.

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:51 pm

Other 2 solicitor firms we mentioned here seems to be good case. Try google with keywords "immigration solicitors uk" - you can find out gherson and plsimon which already mentioned.
sywahu wrote:its not fraud yes and I don't think anyone is really questioning the firms credibility....but it was extremely odd to ask for donations to be made to an account on a public forum!