ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MA786

Re: spouse visa

Post by MA786 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:42 pm

azzy wrote:asalam all :!: :!: :!:
been reading through this topic very informative and helpful.

just wondering if anyone knows a decent place like solicitors or immigration advice company close to dewsbury area to an application together for me to sponsor my wife to come over on a spouse visa.

thanks in advance

insha alla i make dua that everyones applications are granted asap

p.s really good work batleykhan keep it up (may allah reward you for your work)

hi, I do know of a Solicitors firm in Oldham- I know its not that close to you but the Resident Partner there is very experienced- I only know this as I used to work for him a long long time ago. If you need his contact details, PM me :)

Asif121
Newly Registered

Re: spouse visa

Post by Asif121 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:25 pm

azzy wrote:asalam all :!: :!: :!:
been reading through this topic very informative and helpful.

just wondering if anyone knows a decent place like solicitors or immigration advice company close to dewsbury area to an application together for me to sponsor my wife to come over on a spouse visa.

thanks in advance

insha alla i make dua that everyones applications are granted asap

p.s really good work batleykhan keep it up (may allah reward you for your work)
Trust me brother, u dont need any special services from anyone, follow the excellent advice on here, read through previous peoples experiences and posts on here, all the exact information for a proper application is all here, if u have the time to arrange it all then trust me u can do it all yourself, just simple research on this thread an u will find everything u need to do a proper application.

I did mine myself just like others on here was a succesfull application without having to fork out silly money for something u can do urself, u can PM me anythime or jus read thorugh my previous posts as well as others and its all there for u.......

Good luck and inshallah u will have a good result,

just note that try an get ur app submitted before august as thats when the IELTS english language tests are going to come in for people overseas

azzy
Newly Registered

Post by azzy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:00 pm

thanks for the info guys. was just looking to get the job done by solicitor experienced in this field of work. will save me time and also get the job done in a reasonable price.

also another question. if the documents that have to be stamped and signed eg. passport copies are signed and dated by a solicitor and are 3 months old does it matter.

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:02 am

Q4sim wrote:Section 4.12 - Spouse/Partners nationality
I'm british born and have a british passport. I do not have a pakistani passport but have a pakistan ID card. Does this also make a pakistani national?
If you have a NICOP card, for visa free entry to the holy land, then you are now a dual national - like me. You get classed as an overseas Pakistani.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:17 am

No prizes for guessing who emailed them :P

Hi,

I am a British citizen from birth, permanently resident in the UK. My parents were born in Pakistan, came to the UK and then became British citizens.

I recently went to Pakistan and had a NADRA card (NICOP) made there in order to stay for longer without a visa.

My question: Does having a NICOP NADRA card made automatically make me a citizen of Pakistan now? It wasn't something that I was aware of at the time and I am filling in a form which asks if I have more than 1 nationality and I'm not sure if I do.

I'd really appreciate a swift a reply as possible.

Kind regards

Dear Sir,
Assalam-O-Allaikkum!

This is with reference to your email message, where you asked some question about NICOP card?

· NICOPs for those peoples who are have dual nationality.

· You are having the British Nationality that's why you are eligible for both countries Nationality. It's the legal agreement between two countries.

· NICOP is stand for National Identity card for overseas Pakistan and you are having the Nationality of Pakistan also.

Regards.

Facilitation Cell
(International Operations Department)
NADRA Headquarters,
Shahrah-e-Jamhuriat, G-5/2,
Islamabad. Pakistan.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:20 am

I too am in the same boat as Q4sim, as I am also British Born with Nadra ID card thingy from Pak.

Dual nationality? Wasn't that IF you had a Pakistani passport too? (Which I don't have).

In regards to what asif121 said, no doubt, this thread has A LOT of serious most wanted level information :) and the information contained in this thread is very helpful and am sure if we all search here n there we can make effective applications.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:38 am

No, you can be a dual national without holding travel documents for the other country - hence the question on the form. A quick google will provide reassurance (haha) that it is indeed the case. I emailed the nicop people myself and that was their reply I posted above.

A quick look at the card itself will show you how it works. You will have your permanent address written which will be a Pakistani address and then your current address which will be your UK one. The card itself clearly states for overseas Pakistanis = dual national.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:49 am

Darn, well I suppose I have some space in the app form.

On 4.12 Spouse's nationality I wrote British

So do I add a forward slash (/) and write Pakistani so that it reads:

British / Pakistani

???

And same for 8.2.6 Sponsor's nationality?

confused.com!

Post by confused.com! » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:58 am

hey! can some one give me the email address to gerrys where i can chase my application up in the next few weeks or so. I applied at gerrys in mirpur. thanks guys

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:10 am

Hi,
Am looking for opinions or any experience about the following.
I have included the screenshots of the inbox of my email and pasted them in word and printed off so i need to know that will it be accepted as an authentic or legitimate evidence of contact???

How an ECO could establish that the screenshots provided are genuine and have not been altered???any suggestions guys???
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

corrado

Post by corrado » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:22 am

Shadow86 wrote:Darn, well I suppose I have some space in the app form.

On 4.12 Spouse's nationality I wrote British

So do I add a forward slash (/) and write Pakistani so that it reads:

British / Pakistani

???

And same for 8.2.6 Sponsor's nationality?
I would suggest keeping it simple and putting British for your nationality if you're the sponsor and Pakistani for your spouse's nationality (the applicant).

zar2009

Incoming and Outgoing expenses sheet

Post by zar2009 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:32 pm

Dear Forum Members

I have been following the forum and there is great advice on here.

I have a question regarding the Incoming and Outgoing expenses Sheet. The examples of indexes shown on the forum have not mentioned the expenses sheet. Is this an absolute requirement? If anyone has compiled this as part of their submission, would it be possible to request a template of what items have been included.

Any help/comments greatly appreciated.

Regards

Zar2009

azzy
Newly Registered

Post by azzy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:40 pm

hi guys if i have certified copies of my documents (e.g passport pages nic card and passport photos etc) from the 31st march 2010 and i use these with my application end of july would they refuse the application saying they were certified too long ago.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:02 pm

azzy wrote:hi guys if i have certified copies of my documents (e.g passport pages nic card and passport photos etc) from the 31st march 2010 and i use these with my application end of july would they refuse the application saying they were certified too long ago.
By certified do you mean Notarized? From what i've heard, the notarized copies have no expiry until the notary him/herself dies or is no longer a notary (I think).

So in short, no there will not be a problem with your certified copies. Just make sure the notary still exists.
Although I dunno why you would have certified copy of your "Passport photos" as that is something you can send as original, it's usually the PASSPORT itself that is notarized (i.e. the page containing your picture, dob, name, etc).

@corrado, yes that's how I've kept it so far :), I haven't altered it as that may confuse the ECO just like it has confused myself lol :D.

Bj Touch
Newly Registered

Re: Missed call from UK Border Agency

Post by Bj Touch » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:12 pm

Hi Reh, not heard anything, still waiting like you and so many others...to be honest, I am just doing dua, They have still not rang my employer and have informed me via phone that they are doing further checks whatever that means. We just have to be patient and leave to the almighty with whose guidance we trust, its wk9 now, I am going to start chasing again at the end of wk11..InshAllah I make dua all of us are successful with our respective Visa applications.
rehmanji wrote:Hi ,Bj Touch

hope all is well, i saw u your post this is same thing happen with my wife i apply in 27th April 2010 from lahore and still no reply form them after that,do u heard any thing after that or still waiting like me ............?

if u heard any thing new plz shear with me inshallha we will get reply from them soo.

reh

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:05 pm

navalaviator wrote:Hi,
I have included the screenshots of the inbox of my email and pasted them in word and printed off so i need to know that will it be accepted as an authentic or legitimate evidence of contact???

How an ECO could establish that the screenshots provided are genuine and have not been altered???any suggestions guys???
This is evidence that you have been emailing. You obviously would not get these certified by a solicitor. I guess the ECO has to just take your word for it. Perhaps a screenshot showing her email address as well? Many people seem to have attached screenshots of email contact so I guess what you have done will be fine.

I am in a similar situation in the sense that I have printed off my call records as they were emailed to me. The records were in an excel document. I hope they will accept this as proof. I have attached a screenshot of the email that they sent me with the attachment.
In todays world, most things are done via email and online so I hope the ECO will understand this, especially if they are in London.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:10 pm

I too am in the same boat as Q4sim, as I am also British Born with Nadra ID card thingy from Pak.

Dual nationality? Wasn't that IF you had a Pakistani passport too? (Which I don't have).
No you dont need to have a pakistani passport to be a national of that country, as stated in the VAF Guidance notes.
Even though I am Pakistani I am considering leaving this section as British just to not confuse things. I have not included my Pakistani ID in the application and if I state I am also pakistani perhaps they may want evidence of this?

Perhaps Batleykhan can share his expert views on this?

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:18 pm

8.7.15 - How much does your sponsor spend each month on living costs?

Should I include my broadband, phone bill and gym membership as these are fixed expenses every month.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:19 pm

8.7.10 What is their total monthly income from all sources of employment
or occupation after tax?

The earnings that I receive from my second job varies from month to month. Some months I may not get anything. Should I leave this out of the total monthly income then?

K44MYY

Re: PLEASE HELP ME IM CONCERNED ON WHAT TO DO

Post by K44MYY » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:31 pm

Q4sim wrote:
K44MYY wrote:Hi Everyone. I am new here and have just been reading few pages from the forum. There is over 246 pages to go through I guess to find answers you need. Im sure you guys would appreciate thats alot of hours to read through plus I dont have much time.

I need some advise, some one please advise me what to do. I have prepared majority of my docs and got them certified.
Brief outline of my situation, I got married last year July in pakistan. I went on holiday as there were a few weddings goin on, I was there for an month and in the last few weeks decided to Marry my Unlces Daughter.

All went well however. MY ONLY CONCERN is that the day I got married the next day I flew back to the UK. Yes I know your all thinking what.. My mum and dad were in UK, and all other people I went with were returning few days later so I couldnt really stay as we were going to do Walima back in UK, or were gonna go back that year.

Now the ECO would surely pick up on that, since then I have worked, got all my slips, statements, have been in contact with wife on regular basis, i.e mainly phone, odd emails etc.
Please can some one share a similar experience or may know of someone and how they went about it.

Secondly - can someone advise me how to put the file together, what sections to include, and how to present it. I have read that you need like a contents page, index etc but does someone have a copy to share with us, as to how they sent theres or have prepared it and formmated it.
Or post a simple procedure to follow or link on what need to be inlcuded and where. if eveidence needs to be explained or not.
I am very upset and concerned on what to do. Please can someone help all help would be appreciated.

Thank You

:roll:
Do you have pictures of your wedding day? Or any pictures of you with your wife?

Yes Q4sim i have pictures of wedding day.
Have you exchanged birthday cards or sent each other things via post?
I have sent them a week ago hoping she receives them. She has posted be 2 but I have not received them.

With regards to an index, I would't say it is essential but is definitely worth doing in my opinion as it does make looking for things so much easier. I guess it all depends on how many documents you are including.
As for template, create a section for "wedding and relationship", "finances" and "accomodation". Inside each, include all the relevant documents/evidence that you have for proof. You can put the application form in its own section alongside information related to the applicant.
I have started it so insha Allah see how it goes. the other thing I have decied to go insha Allah this week to Pakistan and do wallimah and then go with Mrs to hand Application form
Will anyone be going to Mirpur to hand theres in before Ramadhan, As i hope to go last week of July????
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:37 pm

corrado wrote:With regards to an index it really depends how simple or complicated you want to make it but some kind of list or index is required. The supporting documents checklist specifically asks for "Two sets of detailed itemised list of supporting documents".

corrado - Once I put application together do I need to make another copy of the whole application? so in theory one set but just to copies?

You could choose to list each specific document submitted or break it down further to include sub headings as well, as Q4sim has suggested.

In answer to your question therefore, I believe at the very least you need to include a page or two listing documents submitted.

corrado - Yes i have started doing sumic for it. Insha Allah see how I get on

In answer to your query regarding returning to the UK the day after the marriage I guess it depends how strong your evidence for contact is since your return. Then again, how long should one stay with their partner after getting married?

Can anyone answer this? What's the shortest period of time someone has stayed with their partner before returning to the UK and had their application accepted first time? Would appreciate some input from the people who have had decisions recently.

Q4sim is your wife applying at Islamabad VAC?

Anybody know of anyone who has submitted this week or is submitting next week at ISB?

corrado I hope to submit end of month? do you kow where best place is or quickest I guess? I was thinking Mirpur?
K44MYY

K44MYY

Re: REFUSED

Post by K44MYY » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:42 pm

NAZIA786 wrote:slaaam bro n sisters, regards to ur question...recently my husbands visa was refused, because had a simple nikaah on 29/12/09, and returnd to uk the following day...due to work commitments....

this was on of the reasons and raised sum questions in the ECO'S mind, i think...plus we didnt provide enough proof of contact, even though we had lots of evidence of contact...due to laziness i i forgot quite stupid of me... but hey...im not going to say...it shoulnt have happnd..i see it has allah decson....so inshallalh im pretty hopefull...and accept whatevas allah has in store us ...inshallah..
Salaam Nazia786 So sorry to hear that. I guess im in same boat married one day and next day returned home. I dont stand a chance I guess.. please is it possible to put like the letter up they sent you and what they were looking for?
As im concerned now an also what evidence did you provide?

contact, relationship, Nikkah pics, did you write them a letter stating why you left next day?

Thanks
K44MYY

corrado

Post by corrado » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:30 pm

K44MYY wrote:
corrado wrote:With regards to an index it really depends how simple or complicated you want to make it but some kind of list or index is required. The supporting documents checklist specifically asks for "Two sets of detailed itemised list of supporting documents".

corrado - Once I put application together do I need to make another copy of the whole application? so in theory one set but just to copies?

You could choose to list each specific document submitted or break it down further to include sub headings as well, as Q4sim has suggested.

In answer to your question therefore, I believe at the very least you need to include a page or two listing documents submitted.

corrado - Yes i have started doing sumic for it. Insha Allah see how I get on

In answer to your query regarding returning to the UK the day after the marriage I guess it depends how strong your evidence for contact is since your return. Then again, how long should one stay with their partner after getting married?

Can anyone answer this? What's the shortest period of time someone has stayed with their partner before returning to the UK and had their application accepted first time? Would appreciate some input from the people who have had decisions recently.

Q4sim is your wife applying at Islamabad VAC?

Anybody know of anyone who has submitted this week or is submitting next week at ISB?

corrado I hope to submit end of month? do you kow where best place is or quickest I guess? I was thinking Mirpur?
Salaams K44MYY. Basically there should be your original application AND a copy application. In other words get your entire application together and photocopy it. Then hand in the original plus the photocopy. As the original will have an index there should also be an index with the photocopied set of paperwork. So yes two copies of the application which is one original set and one photocopied set.

Good luck with your application. The index is pretty easy. My wife submitted at Islamabad on Friday. And there was no issue with using treasury tags.

The application basically was in this order:

Index.

Application form plus the applicants documents (e.g. passport, copy of passport, TB certificate, marriage certificate, passport photos, translation etc)

Sponsor's covering letter.

Attested copy of sponsor's passport

Sponsor's finances and employment (bank statements, payslips, letter confirming employment, proof of savings/investments etc)

Relationship and proof of contact (photographs, itemised phone bills etc)

Accomodation (mortgage statement, title plan, utiltiy bill, council tax bill, letter from council - immigration inspection)

I then photocopied all of the above so a second 'copy' application was submitted at the same time.

The order doesn't really matter, feel free to to alter it to suit you as long as it is logical. I hope I haven't forgotten to note on here anything else I submitted. If I remember anything else I will add it later.

I pretty much followed Batleykhan's advice - see his excellent post on or around page 219 I think.

Regarding your final question I don't think it matters where you submit. Since ISL is obviously closer to the BHC it might give you a one day advantage but I'm no expert in this to be honest. We submitted there simply because it was closest (but still 5 hours away!).

mkak

Re: REFUSED

Post by mkak » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm

K44MYY wrote:
NAZIA786 wrote:slaaam bro n sisters, regards to ur question...recently my husbands visa was refused, because had a simple nikaah on 29/12/09, and returnd to uk the following day...due to work commitments....

this was on of the reasons and raised sum questions in the ECO'S mind, i think...plus we didnt provide enough proof of contact, even though we had lots of evidence of contact...due to laziness i i forgot quite stupid of me... but hey...im not going to say...it shoulnt have happnd..i see it has allah decson....so inshallalh im pretty hopefull...and accept whatevas allah has in store us ...inshallah..
Salaam Nazia786 So sorry to hear that. I guess im in same boat married one day and next day returned home. I dont stand a chance I guess.. please is it possible to put like the letter up they sent you and what they were looking for?
As im concerned now an also what evidence did you provide?

contact, relationship, Nikkah pics, did you write them a letter stating why you left next day?

Thanks
my husband returned the following day aswell
my application is under process in BHC...
we mentioned the reasons why he left so early...we have given the proof of contact after marriage...
need prayers :(

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:38 pm

navalaviator wrote:Hi,

Hi mate. Personally I would press print within Internet Explorer. This way you will have the source printed in the footer (i.e. www.hotmail.com/......)

In my opinion the reason the ECO do not accept anything in a digital format (wedding movies, pictures etc.) is because it can be altered.

Zak.