ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa Requriements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rasel
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa Requriements

Post by rasel » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi All
I am new to the forum as I was just wondering around to find some information and got into this forum. Its really helpful and fantastic. Hope somebody out there some where who can solve my puzzles!!!

I am under tier1 general migrant for last two years. I recently got married (huh...), and now she is bugging me to get her here in UK (I think I also want that....shhhh ).

1. My first problem is I am just a bit confused about the fund requirements. Searched into the ukba website and it is clearly stated that for tier1 holder who is living in uk for more than 12 months fund requirement for each dependent is 533. But some other websites and also in this forum I have seen that people are mentioning about 1600 pound. Is it correct? If yes which part of ukba website guideline I am missing out?

2. If the MF is 800+1600 is it OK to show my fund from my account here in UK and my wife's fund from her personal account back home?

3. My visa is due to expire in July 2011. If I apply for my wife now is she going to get the visa for that period only? If yes what happens next? Will I have to apply for both of us again? Does that mean that I have to bear the cost of application twice? If yes would it just be better to apply for her at the time of my extension.

I am sorry if the questions are too many for you guys. But believe you me, I am so confused and stressed out.

Thank you very much in advance and any help would highly be appreciated.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Dependent Visa Requriements

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:30 pm

rasel wrote:Hi All
I am new to the forum as I was just wondering around to find some information and got into this forum. Its really helpful and fantastic. Hope somebody out there some where who can solve my puzzles!!!

I am under tier1 general migrant for last two years. I recently got married (huh...), and now she is bugging me to get her here in UK (I think I also want that....shhhh ).

1. My first problem is I am just a bit confused about the fund requirements. Searched into the ukba website and it is clearly stated that for tier1 holder who is living in uk for more than 12 months fund requirement for each dependent is 533. But some other websites and also in this forum I have seen that people are mentioning about 1600 pound. Is it correct? If yes which part of ukba website guideline I am missing out? Yes it is 533. 1600 is when the main applicant is outside UK or in UK for less than 12 months.

40. If the Tier 1 Migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must show that he/she, the Tier 1 Migrant, or (for children) his/her other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom has at least £1600 to support him/her; this is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 Migrant needs to prove he/she has enough money to support himself/herself.
41. If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must have £533 to support himself/herself.

2. If the MF is 800+1600 is it OK to show my fund from my account here in UK and my wife's fund from her personal account back home?
It is 800+533. Yes you can show it that way

3. My visa is due to expire in July 2011. If I apply for my wife now is she going to get the visa for that period only? If yes what happens next? Will I have to apply for both of us again? Does that mean that I have to bear the cost of application twice? If yes would it just be better to apply for her at the time of my extension.

Yes she will be given visa till your visa expiry. If you both apply for extension at the same time your dependant pays only £129

I am sorry if the questions are too many for you guys. But believe you me, I am so confused and stressed out.

Thank you very much in advance and any help would highly be appreciated.

rasel
Newly Registered

Post by rasel » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:45 pm

Thank you very much aruni. You are amazing!!!

While posting my questions I was thinking to come back in few days time to check for any replies. But not even days...... its just fantastic.

Thank you very much once again...... I am just released and happy now.