ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

benifits that affect spouse visa?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sobhy15
Newly Registered

benifits that affect spouse visa?

Post by sobhy15 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:59 pm

I am a british citizen i am currently claiming income support child tax credit and child benifit, as well as housing and council tax benifits i am not working at moment due to having 2 young children. i have just recently married my husband who is an egyptian living in abu dhabi he has just applied for his spouse visa and had it refused because i am claiming child tax credit and it is a public fund is this true or have they got the decision wrong over there? if so what can we do about it and to prove they are wrong i am under the knowledge that i am able to claim income support, housing and council tax benifit untill my husband gets here will this affect the application as well?

pantalaimon
Newly Registered

Post by pantalaimon » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:19 am

Hi, this is something I would like to find out about too. Also, I was re-reading the ukvisas.gov.uk site / husbands, wives & partners section, and they have re-worded the pubic funds criteria from when I last read it not so long ago. I can't remember what it said exactly before but it was something along the lines of 'recourse' to public funds but now it says 'without any help' from public funds. Is this just clarification of the same meaning (additional public funds due to the arrival of the applicant) or does it mean that you can't live together in the UK and claim ANY public funds? Sorry to semi-hijack this thread!

misswilliams
Newly Registered

Post by misswilliams » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:13 pm

Yes, the wording in both means the same. Hope that helps.

Willie