ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is there limit on arrival date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Midas
Newly Registered

is there limit on arrival date

Post by Midas » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:18 am

Hi Guys, i have read many posts and various interpretation has made me very confused on this subject. Please help

1- I have tier 1 visa stamped w.e.f March, 10, but cant travel till March 2011 due to pregnancy related issues with my wife.How will it effect me,will i not be allowed to enter into UK.Is there a timeline that one should be there.
2- Is this a good idea to "activate" my visa by visiting for a month and then again enter on my planned dates. Is there anything as maximum absence allowed.

Guys i need your guidance please.

Rana K

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: is there limit on arrival date

Post by aspirant99 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:42 am

Midas wrote:Hi Guys, i have read many posts and various interpretation has made me very confused on this subject. Please help

1- I have tier 1 visa stamped w.e.f March, 10, but cant travel till March 2011 due to pregnancy related issues with my wife.How will it effect me,will i not be allowed to enter into UK.Is there a timeline that one should be there.
2- Is this a good idea to "activate" my visa by visiting for a month and then again enter on my planned dates. Is there anything as maximum absence allowed.

Guys i need your guidance please.

Rana K
Theretically there is no time limit and you can enter tanytime during the validity period of your visa. However, there can be issues when applying for extensions as you might not meet the min requirement in earnings or you have to get an additional extension if you are planning for ILR..good luck!!

Midas
Newly Registered

Post by Midas » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:25 am

Thank you aspirant99.

Is additional extention possible?, The guidance says that there can be only one extention for the maximum period of Five years so i am guessing my extention will be for 2 yrs.

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:28 am

This question pops up too often in the board. Could moderators think of making one of the threads as a sticky. (Just my 2 cents)

P.S: Not to sound harsh, I wonder why SEARCH functionality is seldom used.

Shepherd