ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) applying by post or in person, needed URGENT help!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lin74
Newly Registered

FLR(M) applying by post or in person, needed URGENT help!

Post by Lin74 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:14 pm

Dear all,

Hope all is well, am new to this forum but have been monitoring the Q&A amongst your member for a few months and I think this forum is very useful.

Recently I just got married in the UK ( my husband is British). I came on fiance visa and got married a month after I arrived on my fiance visa. After reading some of the topics relating to FLR(M) re: applied by post and in person, I decided to apply in person instead. My reason is most of the applicants applied by post has got to wait for at least 14 weeks to get their biometric appointment done!.

Since I have more than 3 months left before my fiance visa expired. I decided to apply in person.

I will be sending the following documentations

File 1 :
- the complete FLR(M) form
- my passport size photograph ( 2x)
- my husband passport size photograph

File 2 :
- Our wedding certificate
- my passport
- my husband's passport
- my husband's decree absolute ( he was married previously and divored)

File 3 :
- my husband's 6 months bank statements
- my husband's 3 motnhs payslips
- my husband P60

File 4 :
- tenancy agreement
- gas bill /utility
- pictures & congratulation cards of our wedding

Please can someone let me know whether the above documentations are sufficient? When I look at the FLR(M) guide form, it requires less documentations that what I've compiled! Also the checklist on the form underlisted items A

-correspondence to you and your partner ( does that means just utility bills or can it be in a form of cards sent to us by our family members to our home address?

Also should I prepare a cover letter, stating the history of our relationship? and what are the requirements under immigartion rules for FLR(M) category if any?

Lastly do I have to photocopy all of the documents stated above since, all of it are originals.

I value everyone advise and I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,
Lin74

Lin74
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) applying by post or in person, needed URGENT help

Post by Lin74 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:10 pm

Lin74 wrote:Dear all,

Hope all is well, am new to this forum but have been monitoring the Q&A amongst your member for a few months and I think this forum is very useful.

Recently I just got married in the UK ( my husband is British). I came on fiance visa and got married a month after I arrived on my fiance visa. After reading some of the topics relating to FLR(M) re: applied by post and in person, I decided to apply in person instead. My reason is most of the applicants applied by post has got to wait for at least 14 weeks to get their biometric appointment done!.

Since I have more than 3 months left before my fiance visa expired. I decided to apply in person.

File 1 :

File 2 :
- my passport
- my husband's passport

File 3 :
- my husband P60

File 4 :
- tenancy agreement
- gas bill /utility

Please can someone let me know whether the above documentations are sufficient? When I look at the FLR(M) guide form, it requires less documentations that what I've compiled! Also the checklist on the form underlisted items A

-correspondence to you and your partner ( does that means just utility bills or can it be in a form of cards sent to us by our family members to our home address?

Also should I prepare a cover letter, stating the history of our relationship? and what are the requirements under immigartion rules for FLR(M) category if any?

Lastly do I have to photocopy all of the documents stated above since, all of it are originals.

Best regards,
Lin74

9 views to my post, appreciate if anyone and help please?

Best Regards,
Lin74

omeo_21

Post by omeo_21 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:14 pm

hi lin, im doing the same thing as you for my wife applying in person for FLR, im giving all the same documents as you doing. I think when it asks for documents to prove you and your partner are living at that address only applied to same sex partners or un married partners that have already been living with each other for 2 years.

you have to provide photocopies as well as with the originals. i also included a cover letter so hope this helps. all the best

Lin74
Newly Registered

Post by Lin74 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:09 am

Hi omeo,

thank you for your reply. When you book online how long for you to wait for your wife's appoinment date? I called the number to make the booking via the phone, however the phone seems to engaged forever! And I get the operator saying we can book the appoinment online for those who want to apply in Person! So that's what I did, register and wait for them to give me the login details before I can make the booking. Did you do the same?

Also in your cover letter? What did you put in it? Can you show me the sample? Pm me if you like? Reason being, my name in the passport and in the marriage certificate doesn't telly, because we carried father's name and surname in the passport! Obviously in the marriage certificate the supritendent put my name first and my surname and farther's name on it! Example : my name written on the passport is

Tengku Lin Binti Tengku Rizal ( Tengku is my surname, binti means ' daughter of' and Tengku rizal is my father's name! Complicated I know! So when asked my surname to register my marriage, explained to the registerar and she put ( Lin Binti Tengku rizal Tengku), because of how the surname appeared to be in the system! ( you know similar to Chinese name where theycarry surname infront!)

Now, do i have to explained that in my cover letter as well?

Lin74
Newly Registered

Post by Lin74 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi all,

An advised from other members are very much appreciated as well. I'm sure your knowledge on this matters are very helpful and useful for us who are unsure about what to include in and what not to include into our documention and cover letter explanation.

I'm straight forward applicant with no immigration problems etc.

Thank you so much.

Lin74

Lin74
Newly Registered

Post by Lin74 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:23 pm

Dear Moderators,

I hope all of you are well, can I ask for your expert opinions pertaining the questions that I've posted!

I just want to make sure that I have covered everything before sending the application via post or in person please.

I've got about 80 views and so far only one (Omeo) replied to me. Your advises are very important and useful for us.

Thank you ever so much.

Lin74

Lin74
Newly Registered

Post by Lin74 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:34 pm

Hi all,

hope all is well . Can anyone give me some advise on this matter at all?

Truly appreciate if someone, anyone can give me an advise or thoughts pertaining to my question.

Thanks ever so much.

Best regards,
lin74

SpyJoe
Newly Registered

Post by SpyJoe » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:22 am

It's a shame that nobody replied yet, as this information would be very useful as I'm planning on applying for FLR(M).

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: FLR(M) applying by post or in person, needed URGENT help

Post by ElenaW » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:51 pm

Lin74 wrote:Dear all,

File 1 :

File 2 :
- my passport
- my husband's passport

File 3 :
- my husband P60

File 4 :
- tenancy agreement
- gas bill /utility

Best regards,
Lin74
Just supply what they ask for. You don't need tons of extras because you have just recently applied for a fiance visa. Just update your bank statements and such.

You don't need to supply corespondence. That's for the unmarried partner visa.

If you're going in person, you don't need photo copies.

Honestly flr(m) is very straight forward just read the guidance and provide what it asks for.

Lin74
Newly Registered

Post by Lin74 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:21 am

I've got my spouse visa on the same day! Alhamdulilah. Thanks for all your advise.

Spy Joe - it is indeed a very straight forward procudure and just provide the documents that stated on the application form.

I was very organised with my documents and the officer praised and said to me 'you are very organised and that is good'. We waited for about 50 minutes after my biometric test and got the result straight after. Also my residence permit card was sent to me 2 days after that! It was really fast. So if you have extra money, my advise is to apply it in person. It's quicker and hassle free!

All the best to all of you.

Lin