ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for UK Born Child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anoop_mun
Newly Registered

ILR for UK Born Child

Post by anoop_mun » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:16 pm

Good Afternoon All,

ILR for myself and my spouse was granted a few weeks back and I am looking to apply for by Child's naturalisation. The Child holds an Indian passport with ILR stamped as well. Guidance needed when filling up the form

1) In the form MN1, Section 1(1.1). Under which section of the British Nationality Act would you like your application considered.

In my particular case, as per my understanding it will be Section 1(3). Can somebody confirm the same.

2) The child be travelling for a month during the school holiday season hence will be looking to apply for naturalisation after the holiday season.

Would an absence of more than a month create any problems during the application process.

Thanking in advance for your advise.

Regrads,
Anoop

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:04 pm

1/ Correct, it is section 1(3)

2/ For 'entitlement' case (which is the one your child falls under) you dont need to worry too much about absences as the condition are that the child be born here and a parent has ILR. The child doesnt even need to be here when you apply

Also have a look at http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=