ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to France on Post Work Visa - BUT UNEMPLOYED what 2 d

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

c.dangcalan
Newly Registered

Travel to France on Post Work Visa - BUT UNEMPLOYED what 2 d

Post by c.dangcalan » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:39 pm

Hi!

I'm waiting for my Post Work visa to be mailed back to me. I have made plans to go for a 2 week vacation to see my friend in Paris France. You see I tried applying for it a month ago and my application was not accepted because they told me that my current student visa is within 3 months of expiration, so I had to renew - with my post work visa.

So now, I wanted to ask if it is possible for me to be able to apply for a Schengen Visa to France, on a newly released Post Work Visa, still looking for work.

Any advise would be helpful

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:22 pm

mate, post study Tier 1 visa is ok to apply for Schengen visa. If you do not have work, show some evidence that connects you to UK, bank account statement with decent money or rent contract or something else..

c.dangcalan
Newly Registered

Post by c.dangcalan » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:05 am

Hi!

Yes, I was thinking of the same thing to do as I do have a rental contract with my flat that's valid till June 2011. Do you think this would be enough, coupled with my bank statements? I was also thinking, the Awards COnfirmation Letter from my Uni would also be good.

How about re-entry to the UK? If ever I was blessed with the Schengen Visa upon application, would re-entry be a problem when I do not have work yet? Which docs should help me prove that I do intend to come back and get a job?

Thanks!

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:15 am

You are going to have an incredibly difficult time getting a Schengen Visa based on what you said and let me explain why

One of the core requirements of the visa is a letter either from your employer or your college to state that you work/study with them, since when you work/study with them, and that they know you are going on a holiday for X days and sure that you will return back to work/study after X Days.

This is a key requirement - HOWEVER if you are going to see your friend and your friend invites you - so this trip is not one that you planned for as a tourist but its more to do with you being invited OVER to Paris, then there may be a work around. You must get a detailed invitation letter from your friend along with some mandatory info from their side and you can get your Schengen. France has a specific format of the invitation letter so tell your friend to check it out.

If an invite from your friend is not possible and if you are not currently studying nor do you have a job then nothing else will help be it bank statement, flat contracts etc. Very simple really - there is nothing in the UK that obliges you to return back and no one of authority out here guaranteeing your return from Paris - and so, they wont issue a visa to you. Any slight risk of you deciding to stay back in France and they just reject you a visa.

KP

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:35 pm

c.dangcalan wrote:..I do have a rental contract with my flat that's valid till June 2011
No, it wont hold good. It's just a contract - you can stop paying rent anytime, just break your contract and stay back in France. This is no guarantee of you having a REASON to come back to the UK
c.dangcalan wrote:Hi!
I was also thinking, the Awards COnfirmation Letter from my Uni would also be good.
What is the connection between an Award and a visa to tour a country??? Makes no sense at all!!!!
c.dangcalan wrote: How about re-entry to the UK? If ever I was blessed with the Schengen Visa upon application, would re-entry be a problem when I do not have work yet? Which docs should help me prove that I do intend to come back and get a job?
Again this is silly. Noone askes you WHY you are coming back when you have the right visa. The immigration dude sitting and checking your PSW Visa will know you are coming to the UK to try and get a job. They may ask where you went but that's it, they dont care about anything else.
You dont need documents to prove you are coming to find work - what will that accomplish? The immigration officers are sensible and reasonable and dont question you for no reason so dont worry too much. They have a bad rep because there are too many people out there who try to con them or dont carry the right papers or answer truthfully and get into trouble. If you are clean then its a breeze.......

KP

c.dangcalan
Newly Registered

Post by c.dangcalan » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Hey guys!

Thanks for all the advice you've posted.

I realize that I would really need a strong and valid staying force in the UK to convince the French Consulate that I shall be coming back. I am very thankful for all the help replied back to my question.

Regarding the question about the "Award Confirmation Letter" I was thinking that it could be a good document to provide for my intention to come back in the UK because my graduation won't be till November and of course I worked hard for that, so for sure I intend to come back and receive my award.

I guess the best way to do it is to secure a job here in London first, and just wait for the ample time to visit my friend again. It's been so long since we've met and I would have loved to have met with him for a short period of time just before I start looking for work, but I see your point. They might not be well convinced that about my ties in the UK having no work yet.

Again, regards! For sure, I may seek other advices too from an immigration consultant.