ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:46 pm

Q4sim wrote:
Shadow86 wrote:
Q4sim wrote:8.7.15 - How much does your sponsor spend each month on living costs?

Should I include my broadband, phone bill and gym membership as these are fixed expenses every month.
Yes include those. I thought living costs were those such as on food, clothes, etc. When it said rent and some other stuff in guidance I figured the list would be rather big and so the amount in here would not be a small one.
Q4sim wrote:8.7.10 What is their total monthly income from all sources of employment
or occupation after tax?

The earnings that I receive from my second job varies from month to month. Some months I may not get anything. Should I leave this out of the total monthly income then?
Well I suppose they might check up with the Inland Revenue so you'll end up putting your partner in risk of a ban for not revealing necessary information. Don't leave such important stuff out, if you receive pay for your second job then you have to include it.

Now why you don't get paid some months is an issue which the ECO will look at with some confusion, so shed some light on this if possible so that the ECO is aware of as to WHY you don't get paid sometimes.
I have explained why in a letter. Due to the nature of the work however and the fact that it is part time, my hours vary which is why my monthly salary varies. How would I add this in section 8.7.15? I don't have enough space to explain, it just says please enter the monthly amount after tax?
Qasim,

I am on a commission based salary. For 8.7.10 I put in my basic salary, ie salary without any commission.

My employer has stated that I am on a commission based salary and has documented the commission I earnt in the 6 months leading upto my application. I also included a paragraph in a document explaining that on the form I had only detailed my basic salary and then included an additional point that based on the past 6 months my monthly salary has been basic + x (where x = ave amount of commission for 6 months)

Hope that makes sense

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:31 pm

I am on a commission based salary. For 8.7.10 I put in my basic salary, ie salary without any commission.

My employer has stated that I am on a commission based salary and has documented the commission I earnt in the 6 months leading upto my application. I also included a paragraph in a document explaining that on the form I had only detailed my basic salary and then included an additional point that based on the past 6 months my monthly salary has been basic + x (where x = ave amount of commission for 6 months)

Hope that makes sense[/quote]

I have done the same in a letter. I am not on a commision based salary. My earnings from my main job is fixed whereas my earnings from my part time job varies. Should I therefore not include my earnings from my part time job?, and just rely on the letter? Or should I write it in additional notes?

mkak

Post by mkak » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:39 pm

hii..our applications are being processed in dubai??
what if we have to give additional information ..anyway to email them and give them additional info about my application??

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:48 pm

[quote="mkak"]hii..our applications are being processed in dubai??
what if we have to give additional information ..anyway to email them and give them additional info about my application??[/quote

as far as i am aware , once you have submited your application they dont accept anything after that

SF786

Post by SF786 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:59 pm

Corsa786 hope its good news inshaAllah. Who did they call at work? You or your manager or HR? Did you tell any of them to expect a call from the BHC?

My letter from employer only had HR ladys name and number so are they likely to call her? I didn't mention my managers name anywhere...he doesn't even know I'm married...

Any advice / info / comments would be appreciated. Would the BHC ring to ask to speak to my manager? Should I speak with my HR lady to expect a possible call?

I'm getting so stressed over this :oops:
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:11 pm

SF786 wrote:Corsa786 hope its good news inshaAllah. Who did they call at work? You or your manager or HR? Did you tell any of them to expect a call from the BHC?

My letter from employer only had HR ladys name and number so are they likely to call her? I didn't mention my managers name anywhere...he doesn't even know I'm married...

Any advice / info / comments would be appreciated. Would the BHC ring to ask to speak to my manager? Should I speak with my HR lady to expect a possible call?

I'm getting so stressed over this :oops:
AOA.

Sis there is no need to get stressed - your letter with HR ladys details are enough...its how most people's is as nearly all organisations have a seperate HR function/dept that deal with such requests rather than let them come to HR

given you applied start of may, i estimate they would have called by now alhthough calls are not guaranteed. i would just ask the HR person have you received a call to confirm my employment details...thats it!

they wouldnt speak to your manager as your manager wouldnt probably know the full details!! - things like salary only HR know

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:17 pm

sh4hb4z wrote:Congrats to all those who are getting replies...

How come us april folks aren't getting anything? Or is it just me?

20/04/10 - anyone else around this time got anything?

This is very annoying.. especially since it doesn't make sense on how they are approaching applications - by submission date? decision date?

Any ideas?
AOA,

I can only assume/guess that the april applications clashed with the ash cloud issue so rather than UKBA recieve applications freeflowing they instead received a big bunch of them at the end of April - when the ash cloud issue stablised...insha Allah the likes of corsa and the other one on this page who got a call from the VAC give confidence that everyone else is next in line...insha Allah
Last edited by RHussain07 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corsa786
Newly Registered

Post by Corsa786 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:18 pm

They called my work and asked for the manager, and confirmed my employment and wages and if I work full time or part time and how do they pay me, through bank/ cheque etc ....

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:47 pm

^^ Handy information! :) thanks for that.

Is it worthwhile notarizing my Business Management degree?
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:58 pm

Q4sim wrote:I am on a commission based salary. For 8.7.10 I put in my basic salary, ie salary without any commission.

Hope that makes sense
I have done the same in a letter. I am not on a commision based salary. My earnings from my main job is fixed whereas my earnings from my part time job varies. Should I therefore not include my earnings from my part time job?, and just rely on the letter? Or should I write it in additional notes?[/quote]

It would be best to seek professional guidance on this, i am not the best person to answer your query. I recieved advice from my solicitor.

If i was in your situation I would only document what is guarenteed on the form. In an additional letter I would state that I have an additional source of income, which is not regular and then detail how it works.

I hope this is of help, but as mentioned it may be best to seek professional advice.

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:07 pm

AOA 786

Corsa786
InshaAllah you will get positive reply tomorow so please keep us inform and do Dua for others by the way i also submited my spouse visa application from Mirpour on 08-06-2010.

SHAHZAD1204
Newly Registered

Post by SHAHZAD1204 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:01 pm

Hope every1 gets good news.inshallah.

SF786

Post by SF786 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:17 pm

InshaAllah I pray everyone gets positive news! Please pray for one another! This is tougher than I thought it'd be! :(

tellmenow

Post by tellmenow » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:23 pm

inshallah it'll be positive news. seems like forever i been waiting for someone to get some sort of response about collecting a passport.

SAIMA_1
Newly Registered

Post by SAIMA_1 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:40 pm

salam all

Submitted application on 21st April at mirpur, decision was made on 6th june.
Status changed today to collect, tmrw inshALLAH my husband will go to collect.
Pls pray 4 us and all others who are waiting..

sh4hb4z
Newly Registered

Post by sh4hb4z » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:19 am

Looks like people who are in the 12th week are getting responses.. I'm just hoping something happens tomorrow InshAllah.. its sooooooooooooooo close yet so far...

Do Dua please people that we meet our loved ones...

InshAllah..

kaidee

Re: Incoming and Outgoing expenses sheet

Post by kaidee » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:45 am

Shadow86 wrote:
kaidee wrote:I think I just put a comma between them. The reason I mentioned mine was because I stayed in Pakistan for a long time, longer than a normal visa woud allow so mentioning my NICOP card explained the legality of my stay. Also I would assume that a simpe check would show my dual nationality, especially seeing as the countries share plenty of information.
How long was that stay? I stayed the longest around 3 months last year, from Sept until Dec 22 2009. So would I need to show dual nationality?
I stayed around a year. My visa was for 3 months so I got my card made before it expired and now don't need a visa to enter the mother land, can buy stuff there legally and am British and Pakistani 8)

Whether you need to decare your dual nationality I don't know. I would be inclined not to mention it if my visa covered my stay. However if my visa and the time I stayed don't tally, and the entry and exit stamps would show that, then I would just mention it. I wouldn't want to risk a silly little thing like that messing up my application.

I didn't submit a copy of my NICOP card, they don't ask for it and don't need it. It may open up a can of worms if the address you stayed at is different from the address that you are registered under (your permanent address) like mine was. Also I looked more handsome in my passport photo than my NICOP card :P
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

joe_90
Newly Registered

Post by joe_90 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:42 am

Salaam all,
Just a quick update

Spoke with cousin last night his wifes visa was refused. the reason given was that he did not provide a P60 and wage slip information was only provided for 3 months.
(please note he works at his brother business )

timeline for his application was submitted 28/04/10 @ ISB and collected documents 6/07/2010.

Good Luck for those collecting documents this week

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:19 am

AOA 786

Saima and Corsa786 I do dua by my heart that Allah gives you guys a happy news and you see your love one,s as soon as and start happy life togather Ameen and i do dua that Allah grand all of us happy news,s about our Visas Ameen but i have special request from everybody that plz do Dua for my application sucess becouse this is my 2nd application and i have been waiting to join my wife in UK since 2008 and she is Alhumdolilah pregnant aswell so ASWT grand me this time Ameen.

Jazak Allah Khair.

SF786

Post by SF786 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:53 am

Walaikumsalam tasawar I pray that inshaAllah we all get good news.

I spoke to my HR dept to see if they were contacted - they said they received an email last week and will reply today - lazy buggers! I hope it's not too late and the BHC haven't made a negative decision just because of a few days delay in reply from my lazy employer. My HR dept need to be told to do their jobs its ridiculous!

Anyway I need to keep sabr and pray and hope for the best! I pray we all get positive responses! Ameen

SF786

Post by SF786 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:52 am

Saima good luck :) corsa786 when are you / your partner collecting?

K44MYY

TB TESTING

Post by K44MYY » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:49 pm

SALAAM ALL

I have just booked a date for my Mrs TB testing in Mirpur for 22nd of July insha Allah 3 days after my Wallimah. I hope to fly out this weekend, go spend time mith Mrs and then hand in application form also around that date.
Just putting it all together, its a nightmare seriously.

Anyone else flying to PK over next few days or weeks?

Anyone have the number for Gerry in Mirpur as i tried the 0900 numbr but doesnt connect, either it can only be done there whilst in PK or if anyone has the 0092 format number pls provide.

Good Luck to all
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

SAIMA_1
Newly Registered

Post by SAIMA_1 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:53 pm

thanks to Allah my husband got the visa today.
Submitted 21st April
Recieved call 9th June
Recieved e-mail that decision made on the 6th June (weird)
Ready for collection 5th July.
thanks everyone 4 dua and goodluck to every1..

K44MYY

masah Allah

Post by K44MYY » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:01 pm

SAIMA_1 wrote:thanks to Allah my husband got the visa today.
Submitted 21st April
Recieved call 9th June
Masha Allah am very hapy for you and wish you all the best in life.

Im off end of week and hope to hand in application in Mirpur got ate for Mrs TB on 22nd July.
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:02 pm

SAIMA_1 wrote:thanks to Allah my husband got the visa today.
Submitted 21st April
Recieved call 9th June
congrats :)