ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife's Citizenship application- Confused on days outside UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hari15
Member of Standing

Wife's Citizenship application- Confused on days outside UK

Post by hari15 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:03 am

Hi all,
I am slightly confused on my Wife's ctizenship application

Can anyone help me to get clear picture on this

Me, my wife and my daughter all got PR on 2009 August (I got PR on 2 years WP + 3 years HSMP, my wife and daughter are my dependants)

My wife came to UK on 2008 June, But for baby delivery she went to home country on November 2008 and returned on July 2009

I am eligible to apply for British Citizenship on august 2010. But I really dont know whether my wife is eligible to or not

even if my wife is not eligible to apply now, does she eligible to apply on 2011 June or 2012 July ? (provided I already got citizenship)

Can anybody clear me

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:18 am

I am eligible to apply for British Citizenship on august 2010. But I really dont know whether my wife is eligible to or not
Clearly not, she has not been in the UK for 5 years. But when you apply for Naturalisation, you can apply for Registration for your young daughter. So form AN for you, and form MN1 for your daughter.
even if my wife is not eligible to apply now, does she eligible to apply on 2011 June or 2012 July ? (provided I already got citizenship)
Once you are British, surprise surprise, your wife is married to a British Citizen! So then a 3-year qualifying period will then apply. So she might be eligible to apply for Naturalisation some time in June 2011, but care needs to be taken about days outside the UK in the 3-year period. You mention the time outside the UK to give birth, but what other time outside the UK. The rules say that no more than 270 days outside the UK in the 3-year period.
John