ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reentry theUK with valid student visa? (4 months away)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scouseland
Newly Registered

Post by scouseland » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:57 am

Hi friends
I am really worried as I want to reentry the UK after 4-5 months away. (I left the 3rd of February and I am reentering the 2nd of July). My student visa (been doing a Masters) is valid until 31st of July. My first entry was in 15 Sept 2008.
I came back to my country in February (I was doing my dissertation), because I got ill in January and was in hospital and Uni said to interrupt my studies and come back when I am well. I did and the 31st of March I rejoined the course (sent an email and they rejoined me) because I really wanted to finish my course. My supervisor and Uni had suggested she could supervise my work through email. I am nearly done and want to submit in Britain.
Please help me. Thank you for your help

PS:--I do have my ticket and want to use it.--I do have work in my home country to start in August at a University, so I dont plan to be an illegal or anything (Of course I won’t overstay in Britain).
--I do have an English family who will host me in Britain in July. They are my friends.
--My country does have entry to any EU country without a visa, for tourism up to 3 months.
-- I don’t have my ticket back to my home country to show immigration as I have to ask for this ticket to my sponsors once I submit my dissertation.

scouseland
Newly Registered

Post by scouseland » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:55 am

Hi, I am waiting for your replies, please. :cry: I hope someone can shed some light on this. I dont want to get in trouble with immigration as I would like to do my Phd in the UK in 2013. Thank you

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:40 am

I dont think there would be problem to re-enter the UK.. Just submit a letter from the university giving these details at the immigration desk..

edge_
Newly Registered

Post by edge_ » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:25 am

If you havent submitted your dissertation, there is 99% chance they will let u enter without any problem. I was in some same situation last year, I had already submitted my dissertation but still got in saying I am coming to attend graduation (truth). I also had my return ticket, but the immigration office didnt ask for it. One of the other difference was I had 4more months valid on my student visa.

tanvirkhan

Post by tanvirkhan » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:33 am

u will not have any problem.... just be confident...my friiend came back from pakistan after 6 months...he had student visa expiring on 20 june 2010.....he came back on 10the of june....just avoid heathrow if u can..good luck

nhamid
Newly Registered

re-entering uk on student visa

Post by nhamid » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:16 am

My case is also similar and I seek your advise. I left UK in sep 10, now want to come back for PSW, my student visa is up to sep 11. can i come back on same visa without any studentship letter from university as i am no longer their student. But i have a copy of visa letter issued by uni showing graduation month july 2011. pl reply soon.