ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help regarding PSW to tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pradeep_s
Newly Registered

Help regarding PSW to tier 2

Post by pradeep_s » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:39 pm

Hello friends, I will be really thankful to people who can help me out with if confusions regarding Tier 2 visa processing.

My scenario here is I’m in PSW visa at the moment and worked for a company for more than 1 year. The company is willing to support me for a work permit and they have applied for sponsor licence, but unfortunately HO refused saying the insurance certificate they provided is a photocopy, so my company is applying again. But here my PSW visa ends at 17-aug-2010.
-I wanted to know will the time be sufficient for me to apply for tier 2.
-And how should I apply if I will have to apply from India. I mean will I still be having 30 points for my PSW visa or should the company do Market labour test and then apply for my visa.

mt_dilber

Re: Help regarding PSW to tier 2

Post by mt_dilber » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:05 pm

i think u will be all right. being on psw u have following benefits;
1. you dont have to pass labour market test u will automatically get 30 points.
2. you dont have to prove maintenance funds, u will automatically be awarded 10 points for that.

BUT
you must check Code of Practice (document published by UKBA for employers) see what code applies to ur job and u must be earning exact or more than it is stated in code of practice.

other than this its fine. as soon as your employer gets licence, they can apply for ur certificate of sponsorship and it takes only 48 hours to get if applied online and payed by credit/debit card. it can take longer if ur employers pays by cheque.

pradeep_s
Newly Registered

Post by pradeep_s » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:58 am

Thanks a lot mate, for your kind replay. but my doubt here is what will be the case if i will have to go to india and apply for visa, because my deadline is closer. and if i apply from india will i still get 30points for having psw visa in UK.