ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which documents are needed for Tier 1 Dependent application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shieldguy

Which documents are needed for Tier 1 Dependent application

Post by shieldguy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:02 pm

I am on Tier1 General which is valid till Nov 2012 I am applying for my Tier 1 general dependent visa from Pakistan, Karachi
Can Someone please advice what documents I need to submit for my wife dependent visa application,
Currently I am aware of following documents

Documents related to my wife
1. Dependent I.D card
2. Dependent passport
3. Marriage cetificate translated in english
4. Photograph of the day of marriage ceremony
5. Western Union Slips showing that I am sending money to my wife for last three months
6. Our Communication emails log
7. Post Cards we exchanged for last three months

Documents related to me
1. My bank statements for last 3 months for mantanince proof where I had mantained atleast 12,00 pounds
2. Tenancy agreement letter for furnihsed house
3. Pay slips for last 3 months
4. Employer contract copy (do I need a letter for employer saying I work for them)
5. Virgin media phone bills for last 2 months
6. Mobile phone bills for last 2 months
7. Tv licence

Please advice that if any things missing? and what other documents I can attach to make my case more strong

Thanks

shieldguy

Can someone please provide some light on this issue

Post by shieldguy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:09 pm

Thanks

mhkhan

Re: Can someone please provide some light on this issue

Post by mhkhan » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:12 am

Hello, I have just completed my documents for my wife applying from Islamabad.

Your list seems to be complete, however please note:

1. When you send copy of your passport, have that attested by a lawyer in UK. Attest all relevant pages on the passport.

2. Have the marriage certificate in Urdu also enclosed along with the translated copy. Remember for them the one in Urdu is original which you must present.

3. No need for the TV license but that's completely up to you.

Good Luck.

[quote="shieldguy"]Thanks[/quote]

shieldguy

Hello

Post by shieldguy » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:36 am

Hello can u tell about the lawyer like what his grade should be or any registered laywer will be ok
What have u done abt tenancy agreement because I am currently renting a room and paying just under 250 per month

mhkhan

Re: Hello

Post by mhkhan » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:10 am

Most solicitors do the documents attestation. No grade required. Ask a couple of the solicitors and they should be able to help. Make sure the stamp has the solicitor's name and the date of signing the document. Costs 3 to 5 pounds a page.

Regarding the tenancy, although I am also renting a room in houseshare but before the applications , went for the expensive option and finalized a tenancy deal for a 2 bed house. Sent the tenancy agreement plus a letter from the Agent confirming me my wife and kids to be the tenants.

I know tenancy is not mandatory but since there are many who have gone for this option, I decided not to take any risks.

Hope this helps.

shieldguy

hello

Post by shieldguy » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:55 pm

Sure mate these info are really helpfull

I have few more question
So it will be fine if I keep living at low cost with renting a room and after three months I will get 1 bedroom flat on rent for me and my wife and then I will sent that tennancy agreement with my application for the proof of living, this will be fine right? they wont object on just getting the flat for rent before submitting application

Thanks

mhkhan

Re: hello

Post by mhkhan » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:05 pm

Yes, this should be fine provided your wife shows the date of arrival to UK AFTER the start of the tenancy of your flat. For e.g I got the contract starting 20th July and my family will show Aug 1 as their expected date of arrival.

shieldguy

Thanks

Post by shieldguy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:06 pm

Can you please tell me about Tuberculosis test which my wife need to do before I apply for application, is this test results will be added with application or its needed at the entry time in uk airport?

Can you please also tell me how and from where I can get the information about it from pakistan, should I contact British Hight commission pakistan in islamabad

Thanks

mhkhan

Re: Thanks

Post by mhkhan » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:20 pm

1. It needs to be submitted along with the application.

2. Gerry's will give you the info on the hospital and the appointment from that hospital in Islamabad can be taken over the phone. My wife had to spend few hours on the day of appointment before her turn came so keep that in mind. The test is valid for 6 months.

Good Luck.

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Post by zaynab79 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:46 am

Hi all,
below are the document my husband will submit for dependent visa HSMP transitional arrangement please let me knw if i missed out something or some doc is not required:

Dependent Application Form duly filled and signed.
• Passport of Applicant
• Photographs
• Marriage Certificate with English Translation
• Last 3 Months Bank statements from UBL Bank and letter from the Bank detailing the Maintenance Fund evidence. We are showing GBP 2800 + 1600= 4400 GBP or more as minimum balance during last three months.
• Copy of main applicant’s passport.
• Oanda Conversion chart for maintenance funds.
• Copy of HSMP approval letter of main applicant (should i submit original or copy actually i don want BHC to lose my original letter)
• CNIC copies of main applicant and dependent
• TB cert of main applicant and dependent
• reduced fee of 36450pkr for dependent (hsmp approval letter in place)

an urgent response would be appreciated