ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Showing PF encashment as previous earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

venkarun
Newly Registered

Showing PF encashment as previous earnings

Post by venkarun » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:31 am

Hello All

Congrats first-up on creating such a wealth of info and more importantly keeping it going! Stumbled upon this forum quite recently and my first post...

I am planning to apply for UK Tier 1 (General) sometime in October (no, I am not currently worrying too much about the cap or +5 point requirement). I am trying to have my maintenance funds in place. But I do have a question on previous earnings.

I changed my employer in December last and as a result encashed my PF during the job-change. Can this encashment be shown as one of my earnings over the last 12 months (previous earnings)? However, I understand (from this forum) that funds in your PF account (un-encashed) cannot be considered for funds maintenance.

Cheers

venkarun
Newly Registered

Post by venkarun » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:46 am

Anyone at all?

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:09 am

no you can't, as its a part of the gross salary.

venkarun
Newly Registered

Post by venkarun » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:28 pm

yea - agree, but there is also my employer's contribution that I received which is not part of my gross?

Besides, is there any specific guideline (quote/refer pls) that says so (that PF, being part of gross, is not considered)?

sapvish

Post by sapvish » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:11 pm

Are you currently working for another employer? If so then there is no need to show ur pf earnings i assume, you can as well show your payslips from current employer + remaining payslips from previous employer (supported by bank statements) if you are applying in october. Yes, earnings via pf cannot be shown towards fund maintenance.

sapvish

Post by sapvish » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:19 pm

venkarun... i fumbled upon this thread..
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=59578

Here aspirant has spoken about his full and final settlement from his previous organization. It might be helpful.. Pls take a look.

venkarun
Newly Registered

Post by venkarun » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:43 pm

@sapvish - am talking about showing employer's contribution (which is part of my PF settlement, and which is NOT included in my gross) as part of my previous earnings.

Funds maintenance is NOT being discussed here. Thanks for the link anyways and if only you had noticed, I had replied to aspirant on the same thread earlier...

sapvish

Post by sapvish » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:05 pm

Oh sorry about that.... didnt notice :) I couldnt find any clause which details abt pf ..

venkarun
Newly Registered

Post by venkarun » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:15 am

alright, no problems - thanks anyways

venkarun
Newly Registered

Post by venkarun » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:17 am

anyone who can confirm employer's contribution to my encashed PF can be shown as part pf my previous earnings?

Moderators?

muhandis.ak

Post by muhandis.ak » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:38 am

no, it cannot.
venkarun wrote:anyone who can confirm employer's contribution to my encashed PF can be shown as part pf my previous earnings?

Moderators?

venkarun
Newly Registered

Post by venkarun » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:19 pm

thanks nuhandis, do you have any references/quotes to back your statement or is it gut feel? I am looking at something concrete to substantiate your line of thought (or otherwise, of course).

muhandis.ak

Post by muhandis.ak » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:44 pm

As per the guidance -

The earnings that can be considered are -

· Salaries (includes full-time, part-time, bonuses);
· Earnings derived through self-employment;
· Earnings derived through business activities;
· Statutory maternity pay and contractual maternity pay;
· Allowances (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) which form part of an applicant’s remuneration package;
· Dividends from investments, where it is a company in which the applicant is active in the day to day management, or where the applicant receives the dividend as part of their remuneration package;
· Property rental income, where this constitutes part of the applicant’s business; and
· Payment in lieu of notice.

The earnings that cannot be considered are -

· Allowances (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) which are paid as reimbursement for monies the applicant has previously outlaid;
· Dividends from investments, unless it is a company in which the applicant is active in the day to day management, or unless the applicant receives the dividend as part of their remuneration package;
· Property rental income, unless this constitutes part of the applicant’s business;
· Interest on savings;
· Funds received through inheritance;
· Monies paid to the applicant as a pension;
· Expenses where the payment constitutes a reimbursement for monies the applicant has previously outlaid;
· Statutory redundancy payment;
· Sponsorship for periods of study; or
· State benefits.

Now, if you go through the above, I cannot find PF qualifying as any entry in the 'can be considered' section whereas, if you look at the 'cannot be considered' section, employer PF could be looked at as an 'advance pension payment', or a 'state mandated benefit'.

You could argue otherwise as well, however, my conclusion is based on my understanding of the 'spirit' of the guidance and not just the 'letter'. :)
venkarun wrote:thanks nuhandis, do you have any references/quotes to back your statement or is it gut feel? I am looking at something concrete to substantiate your line of thought (or otherwise, of course).

Sudipta BM
Newly Registered

prev earnings - freelance work supporting docs needed?

Post by Sudipta BM » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:16 pm

Hi muhandis.ak,

I am planning to apply for my Tier 1 (General) visa sometime next week from india.

One clarification I needed is:

Previous Earnings:
- am working full time in a company and am going to show all the proofs like payslip/bank statement as supporting documents under this section.

- apart from this I am a designer by profession, so I work on some freelance project sometimes on my own. Can I claim the money I earn from it? I have the work order from the person/company whom I worked for and I can add in bank statement also.
Do I need a CA letter? If yes, what all details should it have?
Whats a sole trader? I have not registered myself anywhere?

Please help..advice. Thanks a lot in advance.

- Sue

muhandis.ak wrote:As per the guidance -

The earnings that can be considered are -

· Salaries (includes full-time, part-time, bonuses);
· Earnings derived through self-employment;
· Earnings derived through business activities;
· Statutory maternity pay and contractual maternity pay;
· Allowances (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) which form part of an applicant’s remuneration package;
· Dividends from investments, where it is a company in which the applicant is active in the day to day management, or where the applicant receives the dividend as part of their remuneration package;
· Property rental income, where this constitutes part of the applicant’s business; and
· Payment in lieu of notice.

The earnings that cannot be considered are -

· Allowances (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) which are paid as reimbursement for monies the applicant has previously outlaid;
· Dividends from investments, unless it is a company in which the applicant is active in the day to day management, or unless the applicant receives the dividend as part of their remuneration package;
· Property rental income, unless this constitutes part of the applicant’s business;
· Interest on savings;
· Funds received through inheritance;
· Monies paid to the applicant as a pension;
· Expenses where the payment constitutes a reimbursement for monies the applicant has previously outlaid;
· Statutory redundancy payment;
· Sponsorship for periods of study; or
· State benefits.

Now, if you go through the above, I cannot find PF qualifying as any entry in the 'can be considered' section whereas, if you look at the 'cannot be considered' section, employer PF could be looked at as an 'advance pension payment', or a 'state mandated benefit'.

You could argue otherwise as well, however, my conclusion is based on my understanding of the 'spirit' of the guidance and not just the 'letter'. :)
venkarun wrote:thanks nuhandis, do you have any references/quotes to back your statement or is it gut feel? I am looking at something concrete to substantiate your line of thought (or otherwise, of course).