ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa appliction for child born in uk

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

niravm

Visa appliction for child born in uk

Post by niravm » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:41 pm

Hi
I m holding UK wp and, my child born in march 09 and I just got his Indian passport last week,
I want to apply for his UK dependent visa
I have downloaded new form FLR(O) and in i have doubt in section 3 and section 4

section 3 .. What should i write for other purposes/reason?
Section 4 ... Home and finances (what should I put)
And which documents should I attach with this application??

Help will be appreciated..

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:55 pm

Before commenting on your questions, is there a particular reason why you want to apply for a visa for your child? I ask because there is no compulsion for the child to have a visa to stay here in the UK.

Or is it the case that you intend to take the child out of the UK, and want a visa in his passport in order to get him back into the UK?

Or put it another way, say for example you are going to be applying for your ILR in say 6 months time, any reason why you don't wait until then and merely include him in the application to be made at that time?
John

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:01 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

niravm

Hi

Post by niravm » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:21 pm

We have to travel in next 4 month and my ILR will start 2011
so i need above info plz I coundt find proper answer from different link, what i asked

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:49 pm

Fine, just trying to save you an application fee, but of course you will need to make an application, to ensure your child can return to the UK after his visit abroad.

So to your questions, complete the form as if your child was personally writing the answers, except you should sign the form with your usual signature :-

Section 3 - tick the "other purposes" box ...... then write in something like "You will see that I have only just been born. I am applying for a visa to permit my return to the UK with my parents. My father has a (enter details) visa and his passport is enclosed with this application."

Section 4 - in 4.1 I think it is (d) that applies. For 4.2 to 4.5, I think all the answers are "no".

Section 7 - ensure that you supply documentation regarding your finances and accommodation, to show that the applicant, your child, will not need to claim certain Public Funds.
John

affolder
Newly Registered

Similar issues

Post by affolder » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:03 pm

Hi,

I'm an US citizen on a work permit (2006) with a new born baby born in the UK. I need to travel prior to my ILR application and will have to fill out a flr(o) form. I know that I am supposed to fill the form as if I was my child, but am confused on how to fill out section 5- immigration history.

My child never left England so I'm not sure what to put in, i.e he never entered the UK (question 5.1), so didn't enter with a valid passport or travel document (question 5.2). As he never left the UK, I believe he has valid leave to remain in the UK (5.3), but it is valid until he leaves the first time (question 5.4) so no date there). For the evidence I guess it would be his birth certificate.

Any advice is appreciated. I don't want to mess this up and not be able to get leave to remain for him to re-enter the UK with.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:41 pm

I think you just need to write something like "Born in the UK" in an appropriate place. You will need to supply his birth certificate, which will confirm that he was indeed born in the UK, and also that you are his parent, and will such get a visa based upon dependency on you.
John

piridi.ark

REGD BABY VISA

Post by piridi.ark » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:14 pm

Hello All
Regd baby dependent visa
I caled to Home office to check the doc list.
The lady confirmed

application form flr (o)
Section 4 Answers are NO
Section 5 Answers are Not Applicable
fee £475
2 photos
mother, father and baby passport
full birth certificate
3 months bank statement(savings or curernt)/last 3 months pay slips

thats it.

cheers

zeeshan2008
Newly Registered

Re: REGD BABY VISA

Post by zeeshan2008 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:03 pm

Thanks for kind info, so what best word to write in "section 3 .. What should i write for other purposes/reason? "

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:00 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

zeeshan2008
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshan2008 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:49 am

but i didnt get my answer , wht best i can write ????

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:49 pm

vinny wrote:"Born in the UK - Immigration rules 304-309"

piridi.ark

print error in new born baby visa stamp page

Post by piridi.ark » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:11 pm

Hello
recently I applied for dependent visa for my new born baby in UK.
I received visa couple of days back and they misprinted his gender female "F" instead of male "M".
I sent back to case worker with all documents attached with covering letter stating the errors.
Do you have any idea how long it take for this processing?
Plz reply

cheers

zeeshan2008
Newly Registered

Re: print error in new born baby visa stamp page

Post by zeeshan2008 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:57 pm

piridi.ark wrote:Hello
recently I applied for dependent visa for my new born baby in UK.
I received visa couple of days back and they misprinted his gender female "F" instead of male "M".
I sent back to case worker with all documents attached with covering letter stating the errors.
Do you have any idea how long it take for this processing?
Plz reply

cheers
Can you please tell me ,what sort of documents you sent alone with application form. Thanks