ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permission to stay runs out 5 weeks before my course starts

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ambajri
Newly Registered

Permission to stay runs out 5 weeks before my course starts

Post by ambajri » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:54 pm

Hello Guys,

Firstly, I would like to thank you all in advace for the great work that you do in here. I helped me - & sure many others - to understand and clear many issues I was facing..

Now, my question is: my current Post-Study Work Visa expires on the 13th of August, and my master course - 1 full year - starts on the 20th of September so that's more than one month by a week.

Students applying from inside the UK:

"If a student is already in the United Kingdom and his/her existing permission to stay runs out more than one month before the start-date of his/her proposed next course of study, he/she will be expected to return overseas and apply from outside the United Kingdom. If the applicant applies from inside the United Kingdom, his/her application will be refused. A month will be considered a calendar month (for example, if an applicant’s leave expires on 14 January his/her new course must start no later than 13 February)".

Will that apply even from someone switching from "Post-Study Work" to Tier 4 General? What's so annoying me is that it's just a week!!!! Any successful/unsuccessful stories out there?

Also if that issue is sorted and I can apply from within the UK, they ask for my Birth Certificate!

A student using money held by his/her parents:

"If a student is relying on money held by his/her parents(s)/legal guardian, he/she must show that he/she is related to his/her parent(s)/legal guardian.

Students must provide one of:
the student’s birth certificate showing names of his/her parent(s);
The document use must be the original legal document or a notarised copy."

How can I provide my original birth certificate which is in my home country?! I'm not even sure it's in English as well as my language!! I can ask my parents to fax it to me but will they accept it?

Need your experties guys...

Thanks

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:17 pm

The rules are pretty crystal clear and u yourself know that... a week's a week.. You have no other option but to apply from your home country.. every document must be in english or there should be an attested translation of the document in english.. appying from your home country would get you time to get your birth certificate, get it translated and then put in your visa application..

ambajri
Newly Registered

Post by ambajri » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:37 pm

Thank you very much potterbond007 for your respond,

I guess will get my family a visit very soon then :)..

One thing please, if I went home and I got the visa anytime after the 13th of August, will that gap affect my long residency period when I apply for ILR..

Once again, I appreciate your respond.

askhan
United Kingdom

Post by askhan » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:26 pm

see you already wasted money on psw. now study first properly, and then try to find a excellent job and then try to apply for tier1 and extensions.

by the time you will reach that point, I am sure govt will bring some new rules and then we will see the ILR.