ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Requirements to Turkey

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

missy.alena
Newly Registered

Visa Requirements to Turkey

Post by missy.alena » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:38 am

Hi all,

I am planning to go to Turkey next week for short holiday with my husband. I am Latvian and he is from Pakistan, but do hold EU4Fam stamp. I have already checked that I do not need a visa if the stay is less than 30 days, but DOES HE NEEDS A VISA and what is procedure/cost??? Can't get this info anywhere, please help!!! Thanks in advance.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:53 am

Not sure how reliable this website is, but:
WorldTurkey.com wrote:Country IRELAND
Embassy Dublin
Address 11 CLYDE ROAD, BALLSBRIDGE DUBLIN 4
Phone ( 353-1 ) 668 52 40 - 660 16 23 - 668 55 11
Fax ( 353-1 ) 668 50 14
Telex 0500-31563 TÃœRK EI
E-mail turkemb@iol.ie
Give them a call.

As a guide, the Turkish Consulate, London says:
Turkish Consulate, London wrote:TOURIST VISA FOR ORDINARY PASSPORT HOLDERS (ALL COUNTRIES)

Pakistan (see footnote 10 & 19 below)

FOOTNOTE 10) Please note that you are required to have a certain amount of money (50 $ per day) while you enter Turkey.

FOOTNOTE 19) You require visa to enter to Turkey. Valid UK, Schengen or USA visa holders can obtain 30 days single entry sticker type of visa on arrival in Turkey (tourists or business visitors only). You require to submit, minimum 6 months valid passport, accommadation details and return ticket. All other type of visa applicants need to apply to this Consulate General. If you would like to obtain your visa through this Consulate General please click here to make an online appointment.
It may be that possession of a valid Irish visa (or Stamp 4 EUFam Residence Card) is included with UK, Schengen or USA visa holders as above (let's hope so), and so your husband can be issued with a visa on arrival for £10. But as I said, call the Turkish embassy in Dublin on 01 668 52 40 to be sure.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:19 pm

I was in similar situation...went to Bodrum...u have to give them a passport copy of yourself he has to go in person....there is a fee as well....and a letter from work and booking of flight and stay in turkey

aya101

Post by aya101 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:55 pm

I have a travel document,is it fine to go and get the visa in the airport by the stick on visa?