ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting married overseas, FLR(M) in UK??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newtoforum
Newly Registered

Getting married overseas, FLR(M) in UK??

Post by newtoforum » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:58 pm

Hi all,

We are planning on getting married in my home country but I would like to apply for FLR(M) here. Is that possible?

I am currently on workpermit and can apply for HSMP or unmarried partners visa. Will the marriage affect the unmarried partners visa if i can't apply for the FLR(M) unmarried partner? Or is it all the same?

l

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Getting married overseas, FLR(M) in UK??

Post by ElenaW » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:31 pm

newtoforum wrote:Hi all,

We are planning on getting married in my home country but I would like to apply for FLR(M) here. Is that possible?

I am currently on workpermit and can apply for HSMP or unmarried partners visa. Will the marriage affect the unmarried partners visa if i can't apply for the FLR(M) unmarried partner? Or is it all the same?

l
If I understand your first question correctly, then yes you can apply for flr(m) as an unmarried partner then get married.

I have no idea what you mean by the second question.

newtoforum
Newly Registered

Post by newtoforum » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:03 pm

Hi,
Sorry. I was wondering if it's possible for me to apply for a marriage settlement visa in the uk using an overseas marriage certificate.

I know it's a null point (of sorts) as I can apply for an unmarried partner visa anyways but I'd like to prove that it's a lasting relationship.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:08 pm

newtoforum wrote:Hi,
Sorry. I was wondering if it's possible for me to apply for a marriage settlement visa in the uk using an overseas marriage certificate.

I know it's a null point (of sorts) as I can apply for an unmarried partner visa anyways but I'd like to prove that it's a lasting relationship.
Do you have two years of cohabitation proof for the UPV?

Yes you can apply for flr(m) with a foreign marriage certificate.

newtoforum
Newly Registered

Post by newtoforum » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:04 pm

ElenaW wrote:
newtoforum wrote:Hi,

Do you have two years of cohabitation proof for the UPV?

Yes you can apply for flr(m) with a foreign marriage certificate.
Yes, we rented a flat together for a year and then we now jointly own a house together.

Will it be a problem if there is an age difference? He is 15 years older than me.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:46 pm

newtoforum wrote:
Will it be a problem if there is an age difference? He is 15 years older than me.
No they can't refuse because of that.