ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joe_90
Newly Registered

Post by joe_90 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:44 am

Salaam All,

@navalaviator. My friend applied last year for his spouses visa and used emails as a main source of contact and he showed me how he presented the emails ....just did screen shots of his inbox/sent box pasted them into word...i have done the same thing ...emails were sent from the same address supplied on the application form for both mine and the wifes.

he got his wifes visa with no questions asked ....

good luck

zaynab79
United Kingdom

dependent application hsmp transitional arrangement

Post by zaynab79 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:14 am

Hi all,
below are the document my husband will submit for dependent visa HSMP transitional arrangement please let me knw if i missed out something or some doc is not required:

Dependent Application Form duly filled and signed.
• Passport of Applicant
• Photographs
• Marriage Certificate with English Translation
• Last 3 Months Bank statements from UBL Bank and letter from the Bank detailing the Maintenance Fund evidence. We are showing GBP 2800 + 1600= 4400 GBP or more as minimum balance during last three months.
• Copy of main applicant’s passport.
• Oanda Conversion chart for maintenance funds.
• Copy of HSMP approval letter of main applicant
• CNIC copies of main applicant and dependent

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:09 am

Henah wrote:Hi, Im new on here- have been reading all the posts on here about visa apps... im submitting my visa app in a few weeks (inshallah hope all goes well)

I am getting my employer to write me a letter to confirm i work there, how long ive been working there and wage etc.. so what i wanted to ask was does my employer need to address the letter to Immigration section or just 'To who it may concern'?

Your advice will be grafeful!! thanks

Henah
hi henah

i recently got a letter from my employer as wel, basically it could say ' to whom it may concern ' you dont need to address it to immigration

make sure following things are included in the letter :

firstly the letter should be on company letterhead, which would usually have the companys address and contact number aswel

your name & your address
your nic number:
date job started:
gross pay:
number of hours worked :

employer tax ref/

i think thats about it, the letters at home i will check it and let you know if i have missed any thing

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:40 am

joe_90 wrote:Salaam All,

@navalaviator. My friend applied last year for his spouses visa and used emails as a main source of contact and he showed me how he presented the emails ....just did screen shots of his inbox/sent box pasted them into word...i have done the same thing ...emails were sent from the same address supplied on the application form for both mine and the wifes.

he got his wifes visa with no questions asked ....

good luck
Joe 90 thanks for your reply and clearing up that for me,really appreciate it mate

So after a bit of research and enquires i have reached to a conclusion that its ok to present emails in a screenshots format as all of those people who included emails and presented them as screenshots of the inbox/sentbox were successfull to fullfill the evidence of contact requirement. :P

I didnt print off my emails directly from the file menu in internet explorer as there were so many emails in my account and printing directly from within the inbox doesnt show the layout of the whole inbox screen,only shows few tabs and a rough layout so i thought its better to take the snaps of the inbox and print them off from word.
8)
I have itemised phone bills,greeting cards and letters etc as well to show the evidence of contact but want to include the screenshots of my email account as well to further bolster my application's strength regarding the evidence of contact section. 8)

tasawar am specially looking for suggestions regarding the screenshots of the inbox so thanks for your opinion :)

Any one else has any experience with successfully presenting email screenshots?
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

billo

Post by billo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:05 pm

navalaviator wrote:I need to know that if any one here included screenshots of email and were they accepted as an evidence of contact and was granted visa?????

Billo any ideas mate regarding the screenshots of email account???

Basically i took the screenshots of the inbox of my email account and pasted them in word and printed off but am reluctant to include them as i dont know whether screenshots are accepted or not?any suggestions from people who were granted visas successfully will be appreciated. :)
Screen shots should be fine. We are also provide screen shots of online Lebara mobile account.
Print off a few actual emails as well (something with nothing too private in them).

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:00 pm

Corsa786 wrote:Hi visa got refused, on really stupid thing about property papers . Really upset, how long does it take for appeal and to get back to us .
So sorry to hear about your husbands refusal. Please could you provide us with the exact wording on the refusal letter? Maybe Batleykhan or other members on here can help you out if the exact reason for refusal is known.
You also have 28 days to appeal, may Allah give you and your husband Sabar.

MA786

Post by MA786 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:55 pm

I am quite worried as I have been waiting for my husband to collect his documents since his application on 31.03.2010 and a decision has been made on 26.05.2010 after speaking to him on 25.05.2010.

Been told that there is a huge backlog at BHC Islamabad and it could now take a further 6 weeks.

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:47 pm

On Monday I emailed ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gov.uk and ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gsi.gov.uk requesting updates on my application, I had a reply the same day from UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gov.uk, with the usual 12 weeks wait message. I resent the email again today and got the following reply in about an hour:

Thank you for your email. All settlement applications are lodged in Pakistan and processed in the UK. I have checked on the status of your wife's application and can confirm that her application has been processed.

The VAC will be contacting you shortly when your paperwork is ready for collection. Please do not contact them direct as this may cause a delay to all applications.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

I wish they were telling you or there was a way to find out what the decision is positive or negative. Now I don't have to think about why no has called my employer........ but will have bees in my head about the kind of decision. May Allah SWT bring khyr to all of us.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:02 pm

billo wrote:
navalaviator wrote:I need to know that if any one here included screenshots of email and were they accepted as an evidence of contact and was granted visa?????

Billo any ideas mate regarding the screenshots of email account???

Basically i took the screenshots of the inbox of my email account and pasted them in word and printed off but am reluctant to include them as i dont know whether screenshots are accepted or not?any suggestions from people who were granted visas successfully will be appreciated. :)
Screen shots should be fine. We are also provide screen shots of online Lebara mobile account.
Print off a few actual emails as well (something with nothing too private in them).
Thanks for replying mate :)
Well dont you think that printing few actual ones will give an image or reflection that why all emails including the inbox were not printed off?

I have actually taken the screenshots of few emails as well along with the main inbox screenshots so i assume that it will suffice...any suggestions regarding this?
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

Bj Touch
Newly Registered

Late April submissions still waiting....

Post by Bj Touch » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:11 pm

Guys that are still waiting after submitting last week of April for settlement visa...any news....any progress..on my wife's they are still making a decision and its WK10 already, don't know whether to worried or grateful....continuing to make dua...checked with my employer today and they have not been contacted at all..we submitted ours in Mirpur and they seem quite slow as a VAC!

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:29 pm

MA786 wrote:I am quite worried as I have been waiting for my husband to collect his documents since his application on 31.03.2010 and a decision has been made on 26.05.2010 after speaking to him on 25.05.2010.

Been told that there is a huge backlog at BHC Islamabad and it could now take a further 6 weeks.
Salamz,

Just looking at your dates, your over the 12 processing mark!!!

have you enquired with UKBA? Many of us get the standard 'wait 12 weeks' line but you have a good case to get in touch with them

Who said the '6wk backlog' thing?? im not convinced of that as we've had people had people on this forum who applied in April and receive responses.

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:34 pm

z4ydi wrote:On Monday I emailed ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gov.uk and ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gsi.gov.uk requesting updates on my application, I had a reply the same day from UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gov.uk, with the usual 12 weeks wait message. I resent the email again today and got the following reply in about an hour:

Thank you for your email. All settlement applications are lodged in Pakistan and processed in the UK. I have checked on the status of your wife's application and can confirm that her application has been processed.

The VAC will be contacting you shortly when your paperwork is ready for collection. Please do not contact them direct as this may cause a delay to all applications.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

I wish they were telling you or there was a way to find out what the decision is positive or negative. Now I don't have to think about why no has called my employer........ but will have bees in my head about the kind of decision. May Allah SWT bring khyr to all of us.
z4di salam to you

thanks for the update. updates like these bring confidence to other members who have similar submission dates to yours....i applied at start May so I assume, insha Allah, mine has been processed if yours had.

the members who have had 'come collect your passport' are, generally speaking,those that applied in last week/late April so we can only be next insha Allah.

its just this delay at the BHC thats concerning. May Allah grant us sabr and the result we want

sh4hb4z
Newly Registered

Post by sh4hb4z » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:35 pm

Its true about the 6 weeks reply.. I contacted them and they stated due to a large backlog we are experiencing delays and that to waiting another 6 weeks before contacting them. So that 18 weeks... I applied on April 20th.

deemi

Post by deemi » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:40 pm

Hey guys

I have been reading your posts for a while and this delay thing is really annoyiing!!

It took over a month for them to send back my wifes passport back(the visa needed correcting as her name had been misspelled!).

Anyway my advice is to get onto your MPs!! Especially if you have been waiting twelve weeks - thats what i did and we had the passport back a week after my MP got in touch with them!!

And i am not sure that the delay is with just the BHC - I think the VACS can sit on them for weeks as well!!!
Done waiting!!!!

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:20 pm

I don't like the sound of an additional wait, as if 12 weeks is not hard enough.

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Post by zaynab79 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:33 pm

can anyone reply to my post plzzzzzz???

MA786

Post by MA786 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:47 pm

Aoa rhussain07 ,i was told of the 6 week delay by bhc islamabad. Ru waiting? However,managed to get details of decision. Im sorry for those ppl that havebeen refused.this is a testing time. I keep faith in allah.

sh4hb4z
Newly Registered

Post by sh4hb4z » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:57 pm

MA786 wrote:Aoa rhussain07 ,i was told of the 6 week delay by bhc islamabad. Ru waiting? However,managed to get details of decision. Im sorry for those ppl that havebeen refused.this is a testing time. I keep faith in allah.
You were able to get your decision how? I don't understand?

Did they tell you the decision of your application?

Shahbaz

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:01 pm

Aoq, I think because of the "volcanic ash" the April submitted cases are taking a bit long but i know few people who have already received their decisions, I think that inshallah slowly everybody will get their response very soon Inshallah! Even the people applied in May are getting their response within the 12 weeks but still it's a long wait? I totally agree.

Inshallah praying for every1. Has any one submitted end of May let me know thanx jazakallah khair...
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...

MA786

Post by MA786 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:57 pm

sh4hb4z wrote:
MA786 wrote:Aoa rhussain07 ,i was told of the 6 week delay by bhc islamabad. Ru waiting? However,managed to get details of decision. Im sorry for those ppl that have been refused.this is a testing time. I keep faith in allah.

Shahbaz
My husband has chased up the matter every day since the 12 weeks elapsed.

When he was previously contacted by BHC Isl, he was advised incorrectly in relation to his application, for example, advised that this was an appeal case etc

On the two occasions that he was e-mailed directly by an individual at the Croydon Office and from the general enquiries system, he was provided with details about the decision.

However, it appears that there is a backlog at the BHC - you are right, it doesn't explain why people who have applied afterwards have had a response.

Corsa786
Newly Registered

Post by Corsa786 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:19 pm

Salaam everyone, thank you for ur kind words and support. I will find out tomorrow the exact Wording for refusal, but in the mean time does anyone know the difference between review and appeal and how long it takes for review and appeal.

billo

Post by billo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:37 pm

when you appeal it automaticaly gets reviewed by an Entry Clearance Manager, and if they are satisfied that the reason for refusal is incorrect - through you having provided any additional documents, then they will overturn the decision, but thay can also uphold the decision which will mean it will go to full appeal (court).

hope that helps.

Corsa786
Newly Registered

Post by Corsa786 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:54 pm

Thank you x
do u know how long it will take?

billo

Post by billo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:01 pm

It can vary but full appeals can take upto 9 months. When you send your appeal off 'post' (ECM/ ECO) will review it and this can take anything upto 6 months, could be much quicker though - with this you just can't say.

If I were you I would def appeal and you also have the option of submitting a new application as well as appealing.

here's a link for your info:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/appeals/

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:55 pm

MA786 wrote:
sh4hb4z wrote:
MA786 wrote:Aoa rhussain07 ,i was told of the 6 week delay by bhc islamabad. Ru waiting? However,managed to get details of decision. Im sorry for those ppl that have been refused.this is a testing time. I keep faith in allah.

Shahbaz
My husband has chased up the matter every day since the 12 weeks elapsed.

When he was previously contacted by BHC Isl, he was advised incorrectly in relation to his application, for example, advised that this was an appeal case etc

On the two occasions that he was e-mailed directly by an individual at the Croydon Office and from the general enquiries system, he was provided with details about the decision.

However, it appears that there is a backlog at the BHC - you are right, it doesn't explain why people who have applied afterwards have had a response.
SALAM.

What decision did they make.

I sent them the email today and they replied:

Thank you for your email. All settlement applications are lodged in Pakistan and processed in the UK. I have checked on the status of your wife's visa application and can confirm that your application has been processed.

May ALLAH make it easy for every one
When you feel all alone in this world
And there's nobody to count your tears
Just remember, no matter where you are
Allah knows
Allah knows
[Moderator edit]