ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming period for previous earnings.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

polyx
Newly Registered

Claiming period for previous earnings.

Post by polyx » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:05 pm

Hello guys, new here.
I'm applying for TIER1 on 15th JULY and I do really need some urgent suggestion, thank you a lot in advance!

I claim earnings starting from 15 April 2009 to 14 March 2010
(in Total it is 11 month of 15 months prior to application)

The problem is that I received my latest salary transfer to bank account on 29 JAN 2010 and since then never got paid, so actually i submit 9,5 month income)

Because of 29 JAN's exchange rates to GBP are high to my domestic currency I fail claiming points i need.
However, if I claim any day in MARCH 2010 ( it still fits in 12 month period), the exchange rates are ok, and I qualify.

So the question is:
May I state any day (after my last payment was made to me) during 12 month period for exchange rate, or i must state the day when i was last paid ?

I hope I'm clear,
Thanks again!

outbound

Re: Claiming period for previous earnings.

Post by outbound » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:11 pm

polyx wrote:Hello guys, new here.
I'm applying for TIER1 on 15th JULY and I do really need some urgent suggestion, thank you a lot in advance!

I claim earnings starting from 15 April 2009 to 14 March 2010
(in Total it is 11 month of 15 months prior to application)

The problem is that I received my latest salary transfer to bank account on 29 JAN 2010 and since then never got paid, so actually i submit 9,5 month income)

Because of 29 JAN's exchange rates to GBP are high to my domestic currency I fail claiming points i need.
However, if I claim any day in MARCH 2010 ( it still fits in 12 month period), the exchange rates are ok, and I qualify.

So the question is:
May I state any day (after my last payment was made to me) during 12 month period for exchange rate, or i must state the day when i was last paid ?

I hope I'm clear,
Thanks again!
How are you claiming the months of Feb and March since you say the last payment was end of Jan?

polyx
Newly Registered

Post by polyx » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:23 pm

Thanks, outbond
Let's take another look at query:

According to guidance I am given the right to claim 12 months out of recent 15.
I meet earning requirement (in some degree) even with my 9.5 months salary during 12 months which are completely in my use, doesn't this make any sense ?

outbound

Post by outbound » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:28 pm

polyx wrote:Thanks, outbond
Let's take another look at query:

According to guidance I am given the right to claim 12 months out of recent 15.
I meet earning requirement (in some degree) even with my 9.5 months salary during 12 months which are completely in my use, doesn't this make any sense ?
With due respect, looks like u know the answer urself.

Guidance says u can claim a maximum 12 month consecutive period for earnings. It doesnt mean u have to necessarily claim the complete 12 months. In ur case u would be claiming earnings for 9.5 months so u would have to consider the exchange rate at the end of this peroid ( 29 jan in ur case)

In other words, since there is no proof ( BOTH payslips and bank statement) of earnings for the month of feb and march, end of jan should be considered as the last date of earnings.

polyx
Newly Registered

Post by polyx » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:48 pm

Can anybody else confirm outbound's opinion ?

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:13 pm

If the rules say that exchange rate will be applied of the last date of claim period then you should be alright.

If the rules say tha exchange rate will be applied of the date of last salary slip then you are in trouble.

Check the guidance notes for clearer answer.

But you do not have a choice.

As long as you are going for same day appointment then you will get a chance to speak with the caseworker.

polyx
Newly Registered

Post by polyx » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:35 am

Thanks Rizwan, You've shed some hope

Guidance says:
An applicant should use the closing exchange rate on the OANDA website on the last day of the period for which he/she has claimed earnings in that currency.

So I guess there's a hope.
I still have some freelance contracts for recent months but I don't really want to dive into them.

Thanks all, I will let you know the result!

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:19 pm

If you like you also have the opportunity to clarify in your covering letter that as per Tier 1 Guidance exchange rate should be applied of the last date of claim period but not the date of last salary slip.