ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Limits Applicants Switching To Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Giosseppe
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Limits Applicants Switching To Tier 2

Post by Giosseppe » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:48 pm

Hi guys,

could you please clear up my confusion ?

This is what the UKBA Newsletter says:

From 19 July 2010, we will introduce a limit on the number of certificates of sponsorship that each sponsor can assign to migrant workers under Tier 2 (General).

A number of certificates of sponsorship will be set aside for new sponsor licence holders.

Applicants who are in the UK in another immigration category and wish to switch into Tier 2 (General) will be included in the limit.

My employer has accepted to sponsor me and they are going to be applying for a Liscence (not yet). I am under PSW wishing to switch to Tier 2 but as stated on the above Draft limit measures from the UKBA it says that switching will be included in the limit !!

Am a bit confused here does it mean that i Have no chance to switch knowing that my employer will apply for a liscence for the first time ??

Can anybody enlighten me on this matter it would much appreciated. I can always reword my request if not clear.

Many Thanks