ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE HELP ME GUYS, I AM BEGGING FOR YOUR HELP !!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

craicindublin

PLEASE HELP ME GUYS, I AM BEGGING FOR YOUR HELP !!!

Post by craicindublin » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:21 pm

Heres my story, I got married 6 years ago, came to ireland 14 years ago if not more, after 3 an a half years of marriage i applied for a naturalization on the Quay's (when they used to take applications on quay's before moving to CO, Tipperary) so anyway i got a reply from them after 6 months of applying, they asked me to get the papers signed and to take the oath at from of solicitor. i done that along with my wife, after that i did not hear anything from them to this day, i moved my address informed them in writing, got a letter back saying details are updated but nothing else, i contacted DOJ to ask how long will it take for me to get the reply from them but got told they dunno and they dont discuss nothing over the phone anymore so i must write to them which i did, got an answer back they are processing applications from 2006.

Now hers the freaky part, My wife thinks i am way too laid back and i didnt send them oath and other dos they may have needed to process the application, My wife is pesturing me to reapply but i dont think i can re submit the application to DOJ, My wife read it on DOJ website and got freaked out coz it says it only takes 18 months for the naturalization cert to get the answer on it. she also rang Citizen information centre and they told the exact timeframe 18 months, My wife also said i should not have applied for naturalization after 3 an a half years of marriage i should ve applied for citizenship instead. GUYS I DUNNO HOW THESE STUPID THINGS WORK MY WIFE WANTS MY CITIZENSHIP MORE THAN I DO. Can you please help me and give me some help :)

craicindublin

CAN YOU PLEASE REPLY ME?? 18 VIEWS NO REPLY !!!

Post by craicindublin » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:56 pm

CAN YOU PLEASE REPLY ME?? 18 VIEWS NO REPLY !!!

rlow68

Re: CAN YOU PLEASE REPLY ME?? 18 VIEWS NO REPLY !!!

Post by rlow68 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:22 pm

craicindublin wrote:CAN YOU PLEASE REPLY ME?? 18 VIEWS NO REPLY !!!
Contact a solicitor, if he advice you to reapply then reapply, but I believe the solicitor can help confirming from them what happens with your application since it is over 3 years now.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:57 am

Hi there,
Do you have reference number for your application ?(generally in any reply you get from INIS, they will put reference number there) If so that is your starting point. Quote that to INIS and see what they say. This happened to me also, My application was in dublin and took longer than expected.
As long as you have reference number, you can quote that, try to get a reply from them. If all that doesnt work, than go to solicitors.
But i think it is just stuck under some pile in Dublin Office.

Sequence of events is :
i) application + witness by solicitor + additional documents witness by solicitor
ii) INIS send you reference number , if everything is ok with app and telling you that your are now in queue
iii) Some time after 18 months or more they will ask for additional documents
iv) IN mean time check with social welfare and garda and other vetting / checks are done
v) If all is good, application goes to minister
vi) Then u get signed naturalisation cert
vii) which can be used to get passport

Process time can take anything from 2 yrs to five. Scrudu has a link to spreadsheet with estimate times, it has taken.

regards
Tiggs

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:23 am

just to let you know that all the files now are in tipp and there is no more citizenship office in dublin.
as tiggs said, just send a request of status letter to tipp with your ref number. that way you hear something back from them and remind about yourself in the mean time. i believe they are processing 2008 applications, but still finalising any remaining ones from 2006-2007. once the file is open for processing it can take around 12 months and sometimes more until the decision. it's a slow process...

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:50 am

Can you provide some dates as to when you applied? As others have said, the reference number on the letters from DOJ are the key to finding out what is going on with your application. Applying for naturalisation and citizenship means the same thing, so don't worry there.

Applications that were sent to the Burgh Quay office took a lot longer than those sent directly to Tipp (later app's). It seems from the figures on the Citizenship spreadsheet (http://www.editgrid.com/user/scrudu/citizenship_apps) that during the move to Tipp, the old applications got stuck somewhere and took a VERY long time.

You can phone personally on particular days and ask for an update. Your wife can't though as they won't discuss the application with her. You can also write to DoJ in Tipp. Usually they reply within a few days.

craicindublin

hello Guys

Post by craicindublin » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:32 pm

Hey guys, thanks to you all who replied, I do have a reference number for DOJ every single time i contacted them got a reply back but its been years which is not normal at all, I applied in Feb 2007, got letter back in May asking me to submit my birth cert, i contacted them again and stated i could not get my birth cert, got letter back again asking me to go to the solicitor and take an oath which i did with my wife and explained the reason, got a letter back stating everything was ok and my docs were submited in their file, after that i never heard from them unless i contacted them first which i did when i moved address and fot the last reply back saying details are updated.

Is that normal ?? my wife rang DOJ today and they said i should have the reply by now, they also said that they will neeed to contact social welfare and the police for clearence etc, but do you not think its enought time for all that ???

Well, if i wont get this than i can apply for LEAVE TO REMAIN or whats the procidure if they refuse my naturalization ?? keep getting visas on my passport every five years than renew passport and get 5 years again ??

am i right or there is some other way ??
please advice me thanks

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:04 pm

craicindublin , if you have 8 years of stamps, you can apply for without condition as to time stamp. it is issued until the expiery of your passport and renewed everytime you change your passport.

scrudu

Re: hello Guys

Post by scrudu » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:36 am

craicindublin wrote:Hey guys, thanks to you all who replied, I do have a reference number for DOJ every single time i contacted them got a reply back but its been years which is not normal at all,
Yes it is normal. Check out other applicants from 2007here. Applications take between 18 mths -4 years to process.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:02 pm

this is really painful to read all that...i dread my time in 6 months...