ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 - Graduation in English

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mallikz

Tier1 - Graduation in English

Post by mallikz » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:49 am

Hi,

I'm a lil confused about getting points in Graduation in English medium, can someone please clarify?

One of my friend did his Post Graduatation in Master of Computer Applications(MCA) which was done through English medium.

But he did his graduation through regional language medium (non english).

1. If he seeks to apply for Tier1 Visa- does he need to pass the prescribed the English test ? or can he show his Post Graduation medium to get points in this catagory?

2. In case he cant get points based on his Post Graduation Medium, then what test he needs to complete for Tier1 application? currently he is in India so please let me know the test name and center available in India?

Many thanks

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:04 am

Check UKBA points calculator. If the qualification is listed there in English language section and calculator awards 10 points against qualfiication then that is fine. Applicant need not to do any langauge test. But if calcualtor gives no points then yes English test is mandatory.

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: Tier1 - Graduation in English

Post by prisat » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:05 pm

mallikz wrote:Hi,

I'm a lil confused about getting points in Graduation in English medium, can someone please clarify?

One of my friend did his Post Graduatation in Master of Computer Applications(MCA) which was done through English medium.

1. If he seeks to apply for Tier1 Visa- does he need to pass the prescribed the English test ? or can he show his Post Graduation medium to get points in this catagory?

2. In case he cant get points based on his Post Graduation Medium, then what test he needs to complete for Tier1 application? currently he is in India so please let me know the test name and center available in India?

Many thanks
If you or ur friend think that you can claim 30 points for UG and additional 35 points for PG - then this question holds good.
Rather if i say that One person is only eligible to claim points either for UG or for PG, then show ur PG as qualification and claim points for Qualification and Medium of Instruction.

mallikz

Re: Tier1 - Graduation in English

Post by mallikz » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:08 am

indianinwold wrote:
mallikz wrote:Hi,

Many thanks
If you or ur friend think that you can claim 30 points for UG and additional 35 points for PG - then this question holds good.
Rather if i say that One person is only eligible to claim points either for UG or for PG, then show ur PG as qualification and claim points for Qualification and Medium of Instruction.

Thanks Guys for your reply.

That means can I conclude that my friend can metion his Post Graduation to get points for both qulification and English language ??

thanks