ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

noah11

Post by noah11 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:30 pm

Breaker29 wrote:Hi Noah. I don't want to talk rubbish, but if they didn't send you UK Life test cetificate, this means your application has bean aproved. Most of the forum member said that they received the document sparately from the aproval letter, so there is a confusion here.
May be because of person at the HO didn't explain properly.

May q____l___ll be with you and good luck.
thank you for ur reply brother. but,i wanna know wot is the point of sendin sparately?? do u know any one who was refused and got the documents and passport sparately aswell? q____l___ll
mohamed

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:13 pm

Noah try to relax. maybe by the end of the week youu will receive the letter and your docs. from what i have read on this site letters are sent out Wednesdays/Thursdays

I can understand the logic of not sending back your life in the UK test letter, cause once approved you wont need that letter again.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:03 pm

thanks guys ....!!!! i already paid the fine ...so hope incha.ALLAH ...everything will be fine ...and soon we all gona hear some good news ...!!!!

alizarao

Post by alizarao » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 pm

[quote="joelondon"][b]hi guys , today i went to central London with my motorbike ...and i parked in a the motorbike parking ....after when i came back i found a parking ticket on my bike ...i have to pay it before 14 days ...so please let me know would it affect my application or no ?? do i have to let the home office know about it ??? please help me ..as I'm willing to pay the fine tomorrow morning :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :?: :?: :?: :?:

[/b]

does it count as a good character ?????[/quote]

no it does not matter coz fixed parking tickets r exampt.i mean there will be no complication because of this. & i suppose that u r not suppose to telll this thing to HO. best of luck.

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:13 am

noah11 wrote:
Breaker29 wrote:Hi Noah. I don't want to talk rubbish, but if they didn't send you UK Life test cetificate, this means your application has bean aproved. Most of the forum member said that they received the document sparately from the aproval letter, so there is a confusion here.
May be because of person at the HO didn't explain properly.

May q____l___ll be with you and good luck.
thank you for ur reply brother. but,i wanna know wot is the point of sendin sparately?? do u know any one who was refused and got the documents and passport sparately aswell? q____l___ll
I think only issue here is that you are thinking too much about that and infact you should. I thought too much between the date of my decision and receiving the letter.

In my opinion whether decision is approved or not approved, UKBA will always advise you in a separate letter. Decision letter is a separate notification whether positive or negative so it always comes in a separate envelop.

Why they will refuse your application????? do you know of any reason which can be the cause of refusal? if not .... than stay cool mate, you will get happy news within few days

auditor79
Newly Registered

application recieving date?

Post by auditor79 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:55 am

I attended my NCS appointment on 1st of July 2010, NCS didn't sent my application to HO until 7th July 2010. It was recieved today (8th July 1010)by home office as per the Royal Mail. Can home office treat recieving date differently? because if they say the haven't recived my application by 17th July then they can reject the application becuase i was on vacations outside country after 17th July, 2005 (5 years ago). Does any one know if they mention the actual royal mail receipt date as the application date or the date they take the payment? Many thanks

NiiKpani

Post by NiiKpani » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:49 am

I notice very high stress levels in this topic recently judging from some of the posts...(some very trivial)..some need to just relax and play the waiting game..we've all done it...once the application is gone is out of your hands. asking whether it will be rejected or approved dosen't change the fact that you cant control the outcome. Just be patient and you will be pleasantly surprised

faz123

Post by faz123 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:33 pm

faz123 wrote:My timeline

ILR granted 9/6/2009 HSMP JR (total-3 years 11 months and 9 days)
Form AN submitted at NCS Sutton 09/06/2010 - joint application with wife
Received at Liverpool - 10/6/2010 (confirmed via Dx tracking number)
Credit Card payment taken - 14/06/10
Letter of acknowledgement received - 17/06/10 dated 14/06/10
Called UKBA today - Decision made end of last week and should receive letter in 10 days- Decision? unknown yet.
Current Passport- Pakistani

Hoping and praying for the best outcome Inshallah

Fazal
Its difficult to remain patient. I could not resist calling UKBA again today and they have informed me that the decision letter was posted yesterday. Don't know how many days it will take. From previous posts, looks like I will receive it on Saturday

melo75

Post by melo75 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:34 pm

[quote="itsme"]I've sent my naturalization form through NCS on 30th June. HO received on 2nd July. Credit card (CC) has'nt been debited till date ? is it normal ? I phoned CC company they havent received any transactions nor denied any.
I am bit confused... is this normal does the HO takes so many days to acknowledge, charge CC ?[/quote]

itsme,
Relax. Yes the HO can take several days to withdraw payments. I submitted my application on 25 June and the money was taken out of my account on 1 July, with the actual bank balance being drawn down on 5 July (coz there was a weekend in the middle).
M

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:11 pm

melo75 wrote:
itsme wrote:I've sent my naturalization form through NCS on 30th June. HO received on 2nd July. Credit card (CC) has'nt been debited till date ? is it normal ? I phoned CC company they havent received any transactions nor denied any.
I am bit confused... is this normal does the HO takes so many days to acknowledge, charge CC ?
itsme,
Relax. Yes the HO can take several days to withdraw payments. I submitted my application on 25 June and the money was taken out of my account on 1 July, with the actual bank balance being drawn down on 5 July (coz there was a weekend in the middle).
M
thanks melo75
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:11 pm

NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission: 24 May 2010
CRITERIA - 5 years WP/HSMP + 1 Year ILR
Date of acknowledgment: 28 May 2010
Date UKBA made decision: 16 June 2010 (but letter sent to ask for confirmation of birth town spelling)
Date of receipt of approval: dated 29 June 2010, received 08 July 2010
Date of Ceremony: 09 July 2010

Date of apply for passport: TBD, not in a rush

sunday
Newly Registered

Post by sunday » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:39 pm

Congratulations.

I know you are not in rush for the Passport but keep in mind you would not be able to travel back into Uk on your old passport unless you have right of abode stamped in it ( which in itself would be not wise to do if you arer to do anything than is to get the passport processed).

Hope you are aware of this........

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:48 pm

kawasaki1 wrote:NCS or Postal: NCS
Date UKBA made decision: 16 June 2010 (but letter sent to ask for confirmation of birth town spelling)

congratulation mate ...that sound promising ...that they are dealing with May applications ...i did apply the 14th May ..and in-cha-Allah ... soon i will get some good news ;) and of course for everyone here waiting !!!

NiiKpani

Post by NiiKpani » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:20 pm

joelondon wrote:
kawasaki1 wrote:NCS or Postal: NCS

congratulation mate ...that sound promising ...that they are dealing with May applications ...i did apply the 14th May ..and in-cha-Allah ... soon i will get some good news ;) and of course for everyone here waiting !!!

Suffice to say...we're going to throw a big bash when Joelondon gets his approval. Got my champagne and caviare on ice..waiting with eager anticipation

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:30 pm

sunday wrote:Congratulations.

I know you are not in rush for the Passport but keep in mind you would not be able to travel back into Uk on your old passport unless you have right of abode stamped in it ( which in itself would be not wise to do if you arer to do anything than is to get the passport processed).

Hope you are aware of this........
Mate, not quite sure you got that one right? What difference does it make if I travel and come back to the UK using a current non-UK passport (as long as it has ILR or is a passport that doesnt require a UK visa). Just because you have British Citizenship doesn't mean you must apply for a British passport.

Edit: I stand corrected, seems the expectations is that as a British citizen you enter the country using a British passport. However they are flexible for newly naturalised subjects where the timeline of getting a passport right after the ceremony would coincide with a trip (according to other forums) and people have travelled back on non-UK ILR passports before without a problem.

I am surprised though the home office dont put this in bold on the letter they send confirming the approval of citizenship.

nosscire81
Newly Registered

Post by nosscire81 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:10 pm

NiiKpani, totally agree with you about the quality of posts on this forum. This topic is meant to be giving people an idea about time scales, but there's people who're posting silly questions like 'what's the colour of the envelope sent by the HO'.

To those who have applied, have patience, there is no need to corrupt this forum. I appreciate that you are stressed (we've al been through it), but it is totally out of your hands and all you can do is wait. Don't let it take over your lives. Joelondon, didn't you promise me that you wouldn't be posting anything for at least two weeks ;)

munisa

Post by munisa » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:56 am

NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission: 27 May 2010
CRITERIA - 5 years WP + 1 Year ILR
Date of acknowledgment: 5 June 2010
Date UKBA made decision: 22 June 2010
Date of receipt of approval: dated 22 June 2010, received 01 July 2010
Date of Ceremony: 08 July 2010

Date of application for passport: 08 July 2010

Best of luck to everyone else waiting, and congratulations to those whose papers have been pushed through the letter box.
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

SMOOTH OPERATOR

pro and cons of applying via NCS or Postal

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:36 am

Guys what are the pro and cons of applying via NCS or Postal. i ask because i'm skint and NCS cost £50.00 in bolton council and i dont know how much private ceremony will cost if my application is approved in the first place.

itsme
Member of Standing

Re: pro and cons of applying via NCS or Postal

Post by itsme » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:48 am

SMOOTH OPERATOR wrote:Guys what are the pro and cons of applying via NCS or Postal. i ask because i'm skint and NCS cost £50.00 in bolton council and i dont know how much private ceremony will cost if my application is approved in the first place.
NCS is a bit costly affair, but you can be 99% rest assured about the form as they check each and every bit very thoroughly and ensure its complete.
Having said that, you can even rely on postal if you fill and re-check the form couple of times. I've used NCS, even though it costed me 90£.
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

SMOOTH OPERATOR

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:59 am

i wonder what the percentage of between postal and ncs application approval timescale are

Breaker29

Post by Breaker29 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:34 am

Good morning Smooth Operator :D

Here is a copy&past from UKBA web Site for your qustion :

Applying through the Nationality Checking Service (NCS)
The nationality checking service is provided by local authorities (for example your county council or city council). A local authority can accept and forward your application to us. They will ensure that your form is correctly completed, and they will copy your documents and return them to you. They will ensure that your application is validly submitted and that the unwaivable requirements for citizenship are met. However, they will not give you nationality advice.

This service has been very popular since its introduction in 2005 as there are a number of advantages:

â– last year only 2% of applications made this way were unsuccessful. This compares with 10% refusals for other applications;
â– you can keep hold of your documents (like your passport) - we can, however, request the originals if we need them.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... e/#header1 and link to seet it hyourself.
Good luck.
SMOOTH OPERATOR wrote:i wonder what the percentage of between postal and ncs application approval timescale are

jimbo_uk

Post by jimbo_uk » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:56 am

I used the NCS in Cambridge, I was told that unofficially NCS is quicker.

I guess they balance the queues differently, case workers would expect to have less errors to deal with through NCS applications.

It took about 6 weeks from applying though NCS and receiving my approval letter.

faz123

Post by faz123 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:10 pm

faz123 wrote:
faz123 wrote:My timeline

ILR granted 9/6/2009 HSMP JR (total-3 years 11 months and 9 days)
Form AN submitted at NCS Sutton 09/06/2010 - joint application with wife
Received at Liverpool - 10/6/2010 (confirmed via Dx tracking number)
Credit Card payment taken - 14/06/10
Letter of acknowledgement received - 17/06/10 dated 14/06/10
Called UKBA today - Decision made end of last week and should receive letter in 10 days- Decision? unknown yet.
Current Passport- Pakistani

Hoping and praying for the best outcome Inshallah

Faz
By the grace of God, I received my approval letter today- 1 month after applying.

NCS or Postal: NCS Sutton
Date of submission: 09 June 2010 - Joint Application with wife
Nationality- Pakistani
CRITERIA - 4 years HSMP - JR + 1 Year ILR
Date of receipt of application at UKBA Liverpool: 10th June 2010
Date of credit card payment deduction: 14th June 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 17th June 2010 dated 14/06/10
Date UKBA made decision: 1st July 2010
Date of receipt of approval: 10th July 2010
Date of Ceremony: tbc

Best of luck to all waiting their approval letters. Thanks to all senior members for their advice and support on this forum. Immigrationboards has been a really valuable source of advice and support because of you all.
Faz
Last edited by faz123 on Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

beeba

Post by beeba » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:39 pm

[quote="faz123"][quote="faz123"][quote="faz123"]My timeline

Congradulation Faz.

This may be the right place to ask my questions!

I am filling form AN and would be grateful if someone please give advice on few points. These may be very basic silly questions but I am confused.

I came here in UK in Oct 2001 on work permit and after finishing my project I went back to my country in March 2003. Then I came here in Jul 2005 on HSMP and since then I am living here. My questions regarding the form An are,

1. In section 2.1 where it asks about Date and place of first arrival in the UK. Which date should I put? Oct2001 or July 2005?

2. What should be the order of days spent outside UK, should I start from the last visit going backward to my first visit since 2005.

3. For the last five year addresses should I put my current address first in section 1.17 and what should I put in TO: can I put TO: DATE would that be OK.

Thanks and Regards,

Beeba

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:46 pm

Beeba - I recommend your open a new thread. This thread is for timelines but noting your post I wonder if you already got ILR? - As you know, you can't apply for naturalization before you have ILR first . . .