ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Translation/Polyvalent Office Assistants Not Needed?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MSP
Newly Registered

Translation/Polyvalent Office Assistants Not Needed?

Post by MSP » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi I'm new to this forum, one of my colleagues ( an IT engineer) got a new job offer and will be off to London soon, that triggered something in me, how can someone with such an awful English get to go and I can't?

I have excellent English skills for someone who comes from a country whose second language is French!

I have always worked with foreign environment ( US, UK, France and the ME) and I got praised all the time for my excellent spoken and written English ( along with French and Arabic).

So I want to know if there is no chance for to land a job as a translator over there?

Quite frankly, it's depressing that people with no grasp of the English language can and I can't.

Thank you.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:01 pm

Are you a professional translator? My partner and there's a lot more to it that being able to speak the languages! It's like Accountancy - how hard can they make adding up and taking away!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

MSP
Newly Registered

Post by MSP » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:19 pm

How do you mean professional? it's included in my degree and part of my job as an office assistant.

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:52 pm

MSP wrote:How do you mean professional? it's included in my degree and part of my job as an office assistant.
Only the interviewer knew the actual requirement. I have multiple experiences like this.

MSP
Newly Registered

Post by MSP » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:05 pm

I guess translating documents related to companies like Airbus isn't really important/sarcasm!

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:56 pm

MSP wrote:I guess translating documents related to companies like Airbus isn't really important/sarcasm!
From my experience, if you too good for a position - you will be rejected too. Common hiring ethics. Only the best companies will hire the best in the industry for best jobs (not all the jobs they have) they have to meet a challenging world.

hartford10
Newly Registered

Post by hartford10 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:59 pm

I think as per you that your profile is also good and you may also get the good opportunity but for that you need to try and search the opportunity. It is not such that waiting for it to come to yours.

*FC*
Member of Standing

Re: Translation/Polyvalent Office Assistants Not Needed?

Post by *FC* » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:27 pm

MSP wrote: someone with such an awful English get to go and I can't?
Fact of life .... ;) :mrgreen:

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: Translation/Polyvalent Office Assistants Not Needed?

Post by prisat » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:34 am

*FC* wrote:
MSP wrote: someone with such an awful English get to go and I can't?
Fact of life .... ;) :mrgreen:
this guys envy and that is his pride !!!
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.