ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP for electrical engineers?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

agar041
Newly Registered

HSMP for electrical engineers?

Post by agar041 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:25 pm

Hi, I am considering applying for the hsmp. However I have seen various job descriptions for engineers that seem to be taged to the programme eg railway engineer. I have 4 years experience in a vareity of roles but none for more than 1.5 years in the disciplines I find listed. What I want to know is , do I just need 2 years post graduate experience, or does it need to be in those disciplines listed as shortages?. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:29 pm

For sure, it does not need to be in the "skills shortage occupation" e.g Rail Engineer, Structural/bridge engineers, Transportation and highways engineers, Ground Engineering, but it must be in the graduate level position.

If you got degree in electrical engineering you could work as a railways engineer doing Signaling, Communications, Power Supply, and other Electrification parts of railway system.

You could also work as Structural/bridge engineers doing Building Services Engineer. Have a look in the following website, the explanation of Engineering Shortage Occupations.

http://www.hsmp-services.co.uk/engineering_sector.html

Pantaiema