ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test name enquiry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

salman79uk
Newly Registered

Life in the UK test name enquiry

Post by salman79uk » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:41 pm

My wife will shortly be taking her life in the UK test in order to make an ILR application later in the year..
She is here on a marriage visa.

She has a Canadian passport which is in her maiden name.

However all her UK documents including driving license, bank accounts, etc are in her married name.

In fact she has solely used her married name since coming to the UK.

My query is regarding what name should she book her life in the UK test under bearing in mind that she now goes by her married name and has done so since coming to the UK.

All her UK supporting documents which she will be submitting with the ILR application are also in her married name. The only document in her maiden name would be the passport.

Also following on from this, what name should she file her ILR application under?

shyam_pras
Newly Registered

In a similar position

Post by shyam_pras » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:25 pm

Hi I too am in a similar position and would welcome any responses please.

rambobambo
Newly Registered

hi

Post by rambobambo » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:31 am

Cabln someone advise me on the same as well. I am applying for ILR soon, my wife ia on dependent visa. What sshould i write in the section for her name, surname as it appears on the passposrt or her married name

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:43 pm

The ILR *must* be applied for in the name in the passport (e.g. maiden name) - you should, however, put her married name in the other names section.

Now - my wife went through this - applied for the life in the uk test under her married name, presented her driving license in her married name as ID. This was accidental and I would have preferred her to use her passport as ID and put it in her maiden name to keep it consistent.

She then used this test cert in an in-person application at Croydon and it made no difference what so ever that it is was in a different name as both names were placed on the form. It also helped that I was there, with my ID, which shared the same surname - and that she had the driving license with her as well (which has her photo on).

So - it shouldn't matter. But I'd try and keep names consistent if you can.

Newly Registered

Re: Life in the UK test name enquiry

Post by 712 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:58 pm

Hi
My sister was in the same situation a few months ago. SAhe took her life in the UK test using maiden name as in passport as well as ILR.
She only used the married name to get citizenship and has UK passport in married name. Make sure you send your marriage certificate when she naturalises. Use the National checking service for quicker and certain responses.